Flop: ($15.00) 5 4 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $9, MP raises to $24, Hero calls $15

Turn: ($63.00) 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $42, Hero calls $42

River: ($147.00) 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $131 all in, Hero calls $128 all in

Final Pot: $403.00
Hero mucks J J
MP shows Q Q (two pair, Queens and Fives)
MP wins $400.20
(Rake: $2.80)
Yup thats an odd one, surprised MP didn't 3-bet pre with QQ might have been the only indication of being beaten. Maybe check/jam instead of check/call the 5 on the turn but how either of you would expect a 5 in the others range probably wouldn't make any sense either(A2s or 67s possibly could play that way with the flat pre for speculating), although possibly suspect a wider range with the flat pre by MP such as in brackets above.

Probably can't see how it could have turned out any differently tbh, both with the overpair unless info on MP to suspect stronger than the JJ but am sure if there was it would have turned out differently. Unfortunate cooler IMO.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is CO with K:diamond: K:heart:
UTG raises to $6, 1 fold, Hero raises to $17, BTN raises to $156.56 all in, 2 folds, UTG raises to $200 all in, 1 fold

Final Pot: $333.12
BTN shows A:heart: K:club: (high card Ace)
UTG shows A:club: A:spade: (a pair of Aces)
UTG wins $165.16
UTG wins $165.16

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Owned I guess, not sure what to think of either of our plays:

Dirty lol. I kinda like villain's play there. Might go a little higher on the flop and/or less on the river. For the jacks I can maybe get away from them I dunno it all depends on the other player ofc. I'd probably just shrug fold against a complete unknown but the way it's played here isn't terrible or anything. The only thing I hate about the hand is that it reminds me of a big pot lost last night QQ vs JJ. A bit of a spew monkey makes quads on the river and I had the nut boat. fml

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villains play is retarded against our range. We have KK+/33-55 A2s on the flop, he flips vs AK/AQss. JJ is pretty much the bottom of our stacking range here.
I dunno how he intends to protect his flatting range with a value range this absurdly wide.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're assuming this is how villain typically plays QQ against most utg opens. If he takes this line frequently on different run outs then sure, it's goofy. Still, why would jacks be the bottom of our stacking range (it probably doesn't make it into mine fwiw). If you're catching a bluff with JJ why not TT or 99. Wider value in spots where you're perceived to have a polarized range is ssnl 101. The board favoured him pretty well in that regard (not that we're likely to play a set like this anyway).

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah idk it's close he does have it going for him that I probably raise turn with 5x and would have most likely 3b the flop with sets but then again I'm not sure how wide I'm calling down here like pretty sure I'm snapfolding 88-TT on the flop honestly JJ might be a fold on this flop a lot. Probably still have 100% of 66-77 though. idk it seemed horrendous to me at first glance but I'm not really sure it might be close.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for the KK hand honestly I think it's the cold 4b shover that I expect to not do that with QQ/AK very often (obviously this time he did) and yeah I think some % the original opener folds QQ/AK as well. Even if both players have 100% of their QQ+/AK range we have 36% according to pokerstove. I haven't done the math yet but I'm assuming we need 30% or so? I think they have enough QQ/AK removed from their ranges that I can safely fold.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really nice challenge ! God luck and success !
(in these days, can you really make a very long term challenge like this?)

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah nice fold on the KK hand. I guess I didn't say that yet. Assuming equal ranges for both villains and that you cover UTG then I get about 32.9 needed. Not much dead money in there.

The QQ hand is certainly different. I tend to have an appreciation for a lot of non standard plays.. even the weirder ones because that's how money is made (or lost) playing online poker. I wasn't saying it was villain's best course of action necessarily. Just thought it was interesting.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
reads: first guy folds to 3b 82%, guy behind squeezes 12%, hence the flat pre. Post I'm not really sure about my flop play but as played I think river is good:

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with A:diamond: A:club:
2 folds, CO raises to $5, 1 fold, Hero calls $4, BB calls $3

Flop: ($15.00) 6:heart: 9:heart: 5:diamond: (3 players)
Hero bets $9, BB raises to $27.86, CO folds, Hero calls $18.86

Turn: ($70.72) 8:diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($70.72) T:heart: (2 players)
Hero bets $100, BB folds

Final Pot: $70.72
Hero mucks A:diamond: A:club:
Hero wins $67.92

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I like river there. I think. Would rather hold the A:heart: but oh well.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd CIB on the flop and I don't get the river overbet there at all.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm bluffing the river. I expect him to fold all his sets/2 pairs he raised flop with.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really think his range is mostly better there after he checks the turn?

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't have to be, he just needs to fold enough of his better to make it better than check.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still don't see him having better that he folds that often. I mean he surely has plenty of flushes that he plays this way on the flop/turn.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So tilting need to start folding because no one bluffs this way ever but I'm like lol I lose to naked 9x that raised flop and that's it he should never have 2p with 9 pre. Of course he has it because no one ever bluffs this way in a million years just tilting that I have mega top of my range and am supposed to fold.

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with A:diamond: A:club:
Hero raises to $6, MP calls $6, 4 folds

Flop: ($15.00) 5:heart: 9:club: 6:heart: (2 players)
Hero bets $9, MP raises to $26, Hero calls $17

Turn: ($67.00) 9:heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $32, Hero calls $32

River: ($131.00) 9:diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $136 all in, Hero calls $136

Hero shows A:diamond: A:club: (a full house, Nines full of Aces)
MP shows T:spade: 9:spade: (four of a kind, Nines)
MP wins $400.20

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still don't see him having better that he folds that often. I mean he surely has plenty of flushes that he plays this way on the flop/turn.

I expect him to bet almost all his FDs on the turn given that I rarely have a straight and it looks super scary to me because he can have one.

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
subscription order placed

+1

I enjoy reading threads like this because it is mind blowing to a fish like me how much better players think. It is inspiring and intimidating. Thanks for sharing , Hack and good luck!

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't played a ton last few days, here's a good hand though. Not sure why shortstacks think they can 4b so wide and to such a small size.

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with A:heart: 7:heart:
1 fold, MP raises to $4.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $12, 2 folds, MP raises to $22.80, Hero calls $10.80

Flop: ($48.60) A:club: 2:heart: 3:diamond: (2 players)
MP bets $17, Hero calls $17

Turn: ($82.60) J:club: (2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($82.60) 4:diamond: (2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

Final Pot: $82.60
Hero shows A:heart: 7:heart: (a pair of Aces)
MP shows J:diamond: K:heart: (a pair of Jacks)
Hero wins $79.80

pistolpetewags11

pistolpetewags11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So tilting need to start folding because no one bluffs this way ever but I'm like lol I lose to naked 9x that raised flop and that's it he should never have 2p with 9 pre. Of course he has it because no one ever bluffs this way in a million years just tilting that I have mega top of my range and am supposed to fold.

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with A A
Hero raises to $6, MP calls $6, 4 folds

Flop: ($15.00) 5 9 6 (2 players)
Hero bets $9, MP raises to $26, Hero calls $17

Turn: ($67.00) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $32, Hero calls $32

River: ($131.00) 9 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $136 all in, Hero calls $136

Hero shows A A (a full house, Nines full of Aces)
MP shows T 9 (four of a kind, Nines)
MP wins $400.20

This is brutal. And to get away from it on the river with the full house is near impossible. The flop raise to 26$ is a big cause for concern, and you have to seriously think when the next card comes. There are many hands that would raise here. Flush draw/straight draw combos. Once again, I think if you were to every fold that hand, it would have been on the turn. Once you see the river, how can you fold?

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold the turn if I could see his hand. Oh wait I can.
Fold turn!

Organize a Home Poker Game