xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in

first real SNE thread on CC in a longgggggg time, gl dude!

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your results!

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dude your stars screename is in your profile lol gl in your goal
He doesn't want it used in this thread so a search of his stars name doesn't turn up this thread.

Hard to discus strategy when your villains are reading it too.

-

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll definitely be keeping a vpp tally here. The thing with $ is like I had a rl friend find on google my mtt results and I had an 86k score (although I had sold action, lost other tourneys in the summer, taxes, etc. but it's still a lot for someone still in college) and it was just kinda awkward. I make it a policy to never talk about money amounts with people who don't play poker, it just never ends well. So I'm leaning towards including it here since I don't see how non-poker friends would ever find this but yeah hopefully you understand. Poker players see money won as points and success, while non-poker players a lot of the time see it as the money so it's either "omgomg you lost thousands of dollars call gambler's anonymous" or "omgomg you won thousands of dollars can I have some?"

Yeah I hear ya that when you win they want a piece but if you lose its a problem. I will certainly be looking forward to the updates and your progress and wish you all the best on it, certainly an accomplishment to be able to even give it a run for many of us micro players.

Last edited:
vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In. Really good thread. Hoping i can learn a thing or two or three from this thread. Wishing you all the rungood in the world.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck hmp, looking forward to your thread :)

chory1414

chory1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zach luck hopefully you get to supernova, and well as you say take it easy and also take a few days off and Players wide awake and well fed, luck at the tables and I hope you achieve what you both want.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't expect poker to be profitable for that much longer so I'd like to milk what I can from it and give myself as big a cushion as possible before moving on to whatever I do after.

Love to read your thoughts that generated this comment.

R

Riverup16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck buddy... That's a lot of grinding!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL dude, and in!

8k hands per day at zoom is gonna be a grind mate. Here's hoping you get a great start coz its gonna make the difference between success or jacking it in.

You gonna try 6 tabling at all and mixing in some limits, like 100 and 200nl or 200 and 500nl? WOuld make it a tonne easier if you can and still maintain >0bb winrate.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love to read your thoughts that generated this comment.

It's just simple economics. There's a ton of money in poker so there's been a ton of research into beating it. There have been bots beating 400-1knl on ipoker and it's only a matter of time until there's a strategy that's easy enough for a human to understand and just follow by clicking buttons. This wouldn't break any poker site rules and would literally destroy the game.

Add onto that the fact that in other countries the alternative to online poker is literally less than $1/hour, the rise in legitimate poker pros, the legal troubles in various countries (not just the US) that prevent fish from playing, and just in general poker's getting harder and harder. I'm sure live will continue to be soft just because if you don't make enough from live poker you aren't able to survive and there are still plenty of fish. But in online poker you have people whose alternative is like $1/day so there's a shitton of incentive for them to grind to the point where the average pro's hourly is less than minimum wage.

But honestly I wouldn't be surprised with computing power the way it is if 100bb nlhe is solved in the next 5-10 years. It's just a question of whether it'll be by a research team and made public or by a private group that will use it to milk the rest of the profit out of poker themselves.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL dude, and in!

8k hands per day at zoom is gonna be a grind mate. Here's hoping you get a great start coz its gonna make the difference between success or jacking it in.

You gonna try 6 tabling at all and mixing in some limits, like 100 and 200nl or 200 and 500nl? WOuld make it a tonne easier if you can and still maintain >0bb winrate.

Yeah I'm probably gonna start 4-tabling 200nl + starting tables on the side. I'll probably start mixing 500nl zoom if I have some success early. But basically I know I have a huge edge at 200nl zoom when not playing mass volume so I wanna start playing mass volume in that environment. If I can keep playing well then I'll start adding other stuff as well.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also thanks everyone for the good wishes, really means a lot.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's just simple economics. There's a ton of money in poker so there's been a ton of research into beating it. There have been bots beating 400-1knl on ipoker and it's only a matter of time until there's a strategy that's easy enough for a human to understand and just follow by clicking buttons. This wouldn't break any poker site rules and would literally destroy the game.

Add onto that the fact that in other countries the alternative to online poker is literally less than $1/hour, the rise in legitimate poker pros, the legal troubles in various countries (not just the US) that prevent fish from playing, and just in general poker's getting harder and harder. I'm sure live will continue to be soft just because if you don't make enough from live poker you aren't able to survive and there are still plenty of fish. But in online poker you have people whose alternative is like $1/day so there's a shitton of incentive for them to grind to the point where the average pro's hourly is less than minimum wage.

But honestly I wouldn't be surprised with computing power the way it is if 100bb nlhe is solved in the next 5-10 years. It's just a question of whether it'll be by a research team and made public or by a private group that will use it to milk the rest of the profit out of poker themselves.

This makes me all of the sad. Idk that I'm willing to hop on an estimate-train in terms of the years it will or won't take, but it is certainly astonishing the leaps and bounds poker has taken as a game in such a short amount of time.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 hands, both lines I'm trying to take more often.

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with Q:spade: T:spade:
3 folds, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $3, BB calls $2

Flop: ($12.00) 8:diamond: 5:spade: 3:spade: (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $8, SB folds, BB calls $8

Turn: ($28.00) 7:heart: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $42, BB folds

Final Pot: $28.00
Hero mucks Q:spade: T:spade:
Hero wins $26.74
(Rake: $1.26)

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with Q:diamond: 5:diamond:
3 folds, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9.00) 8:spade: 5:spade: J:club: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB raises to $18, Hero raises to $44, BB folds

Final Pot: $45.00
Hero mucks Q:diamond: 5:diamond:
Hero wins $42.98
(Rake: $2.02)

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 hands, both lines I'm trying to take more often.

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with Q T
3 folds, Hero raises to $4, SB calls $3, BB calls $2

Flop: ($12.00) 8 5 3 (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $8, SB folds, BB calls $8

Turn: ($28.00) 7 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $42, BB folds

Final Pot: $28.00
Hero mucks Q T
Hero wins $26.74
(Rake: $1.26)

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with Q 5
3 folds, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, BB calls $2

Flop: ($9.00) 8 5 J (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB raises to $18, Hero raises to $44, BB folds

Final Pot: $45.00
Hero mucks Q 5
Hero wins $42.98
(Rake: $2.02)

Good luck with that! :D

First hand is beyond my level of thinking, I can't even begin to try to understand why you would want to overbet bluff in that spot more often :)

I could see why you would re pop bottom pair vs certain villians in HU spots but i'm sure your reasoning is far beyond mine :eek:

I am excited to follow your progress man! Good luck!

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first hand logic is my betting range is sets and strong draws, whereas his is a lot of bluffcatchers as well as some draws. With those ranges I want to bet big. I'm either going to get more FE with these types of hands, or I'm going to get more value when I do have a set or something here.

The 2nd one there are some better boards to do it on but here he's probably 3-betting JJ pre, I block 55, so he's got 1 55 combo, 3 88 combos, and then a few J8 combos. If he didn't have as many J8 combos I'd like it a lot more, but more and more people are opting to call with their draws (which I don't think is necessarily bad) so his range is a lot of gutter/backdoor type stuff, maybe some T9 stuff even. If he does raise his weak draws he's going to perceive not much FE and just call and it's not that bad for me anyway. Another reason it kinda sucks is if he has Jx/spades I'm crushed. But yeah for the most part I think just the raise to fold out dumb stuff is going to be profitable in and of itself. It's just a spot I think people are super weighted towards air-type hands and just don't have many value hands.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first hand logic is my betting range is sets and strong draws, whereas his is a lot of bluffcatchers as well as some draws. With those ranges I want to bet big. I'm either going to get more FE with these types of hands, or I'm going to get more value when I do have a set or something here.

The 2nd one there are some better boards to do it on but here he's probably 3-betting JJ pre, I block 55, so he's got 1 55 combo, 3 88 combos, and then a few J8 combos. If he didn't have as many J8 combos I'd like it a lot more, but more and more people are opting to call with their draws (which I don't think is necessarily bad) so his range is a lot of gutter/backdoor type stuff, maybe some T9 stuff even. If he does raise his weak draws he's going to perceive not much FE and just call and it's not that bad for me anyway. Another reason it kinda sucks is if he has Jx/spades I'm crushed. But yeah for the most part I think just the raise to fold out dumb stuff is going to be profitable in and of itself. It's just a spot I think people are super weighted towards air-type hands and just don't have many value hands.

Makes sense.

Last edited:
hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
more fun overbets:

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with K:club: T:club:
UTG calls $2, MP raises to $9, 2 folds, Hero calls $8, 2 folds

Flop: ($22.00) 6:heart: 4:heart: 7:heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($22.00) A:diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets $13, MP calls $13

River: ($48.00) 9:diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets $100, MP folds

Final Pot: $48.00
Hero mucks K:club: T:club:
Hero wins $45.84
(Rake: $2.16)

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

where does this leave you with hands like overpairs, TPTK etc?

more fun overbets:

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with K<font color='black'>♣</font> T<font color='black'>♣</font>
UTG calls $2, MP raises to $9, 2 folds, Hero calls $8, 2 folds

Flop: ($22.00) 6<font color='red'>♥</font> 4<font color='red'>♥</font> 7<font color='red'>♥</font> (2 players)
Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($22.00) A<font color='red'>♦</font> (2 players)
Hero bets $13, MP calls $13

River: ($48.00) 9<font color='red'>♦</font> (2 players)
Hero bets $100, MP folds

Final Pot: $48.00
Hero mucks K<font color='black'>♣</font> T<font color='black'>♣</font>
Hero wins $45.84
(Rake: $2.16)

this is sexy, but i feel like ~$65 instead of $100 gets you such a similar amount of FE, with a ton less $ spewed the raaaaaare occasion you get owned by a flopped flush. i assume youve thought of this though... so ye why x2 pot? lol

slowhand

slowhand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you make it can you send me dollaz? :D

Organize a Home Poker Game