Hacking my way as a live pro in 2014

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are we setting the line at if yall play?

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I swear every time I plan to start playing I never do. Played a bit more last few days roll back up to 1.8kish gonna keep playing 100nl though. Still planning on recording a session soon.

Still up for this?

Yep, just give me three weeks to finish finals, but I'll definitely still play.

What are we setting the line at if yall play?

I was thinking Zach -200 but it would probably massively dependent on the specifics. We were thinking like 3-4 tables HU and like 5k hands I think? Maybe it was like 10k hands? I don't remember exactly :confused:

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
knowing you, 10k hands is going to take 4 months.

I would think Zach would be -175 over 10k hands and -130 over 5k hands

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played some live 10/25 last night, have a hand. Villain is very good I know he plays in this game regularly and is one of the biggest winners. I don't think we've ever played but I'm a 25 year old guy in a hoodie not open limping.

We're roughly 100bb deep he opens MP to 50 I 3-bet button to 175 with A5cc he calls. Flop=774r (one club) he checks I check back. Turn=8d (2nd diamond) he bets 325 (into 385) I call. River=offsuit 5 he bets 900 (into 1035). Fold/call/shove?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played some live 10/25 last night, have a hand. Villain is very good I know he plays in this game regularly and is one of the biggest winners. I don't think we've ever played but I'm a 25 year old guy in a hoodie not open limping.

We're roughly 100bb deep he opens MP to 50 I 3-bet button to 175 with A5cc he calls. Flop=774r (one club) he checks I check back. Turn=8d (2nd diamond) he bets 325 (into 385) I call. River=offsuit 5 he bets 900 (into 1035). Fold/call/shove?

Call, seeing as he doesnt know you, even if he views you as competent, Im guessing that he would still assume you are betting big pairs on that flop most of the time. Other than that, you cant really have anything on this board. Im also assuming he takes this line with QQ type hands but the sizing is a bit weird i think.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
knowing you, 10k hands is going to take 4 months.

I would think Zach would be -175 over 10k hands and -130 over 5k hands

Hey I get 30k+ per month when I'm not in school, I'm not the absolute worst for volume lol.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm calling. We rep primarily A high I think, and his sizing looks designed to price out bluff catchers.

Also, ffs, you regularly have 10/25 games at Maryland Live? Reconsidering my life choices...

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10/25 is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. 10k deep ftw. Don't mind im down lifetime...

Scourgge now that you are rolling, you got to find one.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If he's a good reg, then you should be folding. Marginal or bad reg, then I'd probably call but still close. I don't think shove is an option here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him VB basically anything here hard considering your hoodie and you're a young punk in "his" game.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
10/25 is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. 10k deep ftw. Don't mind im down lifetime...

Scourgge now that you are rolling, you got to find one.

Casually sit down with half my roll? I guess I've done it before, but not for quite so much. :eek:

D

deuceswild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys would call river bet with botom pair? Wtf? Lolol

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im pretty sure thats your gimmick account

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man I swear I never play anymore. Tonight I'm finally gonna record that video of me playing on bovada. The hand I posted forever ago I called and he had JJ. Pretty sure John's right I feel like a lot of us when we look at someone good tend to think of the fact that they're capable of bluffing in spotsbut not of value betting as well. You don't get to be one of the biggest winners in the biggest game that runs regularly at least on the east coast by being super imbalanced in spots like that.

Anyway I do have one more hand it's not a big pot just more of a common scenario question.

10/25nl I'm ~3k deep both villains cover. I'm UTG I open 99 to $100, MP calls, button makes it $325. MP is on the fishy side but plays the game regularly and isn't like a super whale but definitely sees too many flops/turns/rivers. Not sure who button is never seen him before but he's young and doesn't look like he's scared money at all and hasn't done anything fishy in the 1-2 hours since I've sat down so most likely he's a pro of some kind. I think it's a pretty easy call MP calls too.

Flop=J83r checked to button who makes it $450. Fold or call?

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No ****ing clue but in for discussions I guess.

Main issue I have no idea what his 3b range would be in a 10/25 game.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kinda miserable if MP also calls, but I think it's a call.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My main issue with calling is that it's multiway and I don't really know what to do on bad turn cards OOP. Or good cards OOP when he fires again.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Button is cbetting that flop so often and barreling brick turns so infrequently with air, imo. I don't even mind calling bad turns either because his range should stay wide. I just feel like because MP is behind us villain plays more "predictable" the rest of the hand.

Organize a Home Poker Game