Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No idea if this is good or not:

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with A:club: 5:spade:
4 folds, Hero raises to $4, BB calls $2

Flop: ($8.00) 2:heart: 6:spade: A:spade: (2 players)
Hero bets $5, BB raises to $15, Hero raises to $35, BB folds

Final Pot: $38.00
Hero mucks A:club: 5:spade:
Hero wins $36.29
(Rake: $1.71)

stately7

stately7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with A<font color='black'>♣</font> 5<font color='black'>♠</font>

Flop: ($8.00) 2<font color='red'>♥</font> 6<font color='black'>♠</font> A<font color='black'>♠</font> (2 players)

Hero mucks A<font color='black'>♣</font> 5<font color='black'>♠</font>
Hero wins $36.29

What on earth are these villains raise / folding with? You have a huge amount of fear/fold equity with your regs man - it's brilliant :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What on earth are these villains raise / folding with? You have a huge amount of fear/fold equity with your regs man - it's brilliant :)
Ranges are so wide because it' BvB that he can literally probably call pre and raise any flop with ATC and be profitable against most villains (not Zach obviously). That said I don't really like 3betting there. We're actually ahead of his range since he's not doing this with better Aces. Not sure how we're going to get much value on later streets though.

If he jams over are you calling?

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me or some of this stuff is facepalm worthy?

Edit: Obviously overbets don't work on lower levels so I can't be sure how good the idea is... just that someone is bound to notice the tendency, no?

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was going to fold to a jam, like idk just when I call I get put in a ton of dumb spots and my hand is kinda face up, plus I can get him to turn his hand face up if I make a small 3b here. Obviously it sucks when he folds and he would have bluffed later streets with practically no equity but I think he's going to 3b all his 2p+ hands and call all his draws. So if he calls I can vbet a lot of turns and probably ch/c rivers that miss as well for max value. Only time that sucks is if maybe he flats pre and raises strong Ax hands or maybe like raise/calls A2.

I mean like I said I'm honestly not sure if it's good or not need to think about it a bit more I think but heading out now.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it just me or some of this stuff is facepalm worthy?

Edit: Obviously overbets don't work on lower levels so I can't be sure how good the idea is... just that someone is bound to notice the tendency, no?

I don't overbet that often. I'm pretty much posting every overbet (skipped one that was just super obvious this session) I make. I just post the hands I think are interesting. For the most part I play a pretty abc game. But it's not that exciting to be posting a hand where I flop a set and bet 3 streets or bet flop and ch/f turn.

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lies! No way a 10NL player folds a full house.

I actually can't fault villain for folding. From his perspective he probably thinks he's calling as a super bluff catch, or more likely, to chop. Choop, sorry to derail, but what Qx and 9x do you get to this river with? I'm guessing something like 9x 98+ (from villain's perspective 22 combos), and QT, QJ, KQ, possibly some AQ (a lot of combos)? So like... I can understand his fold.

i actually expect most 10regs to fold it (this guy is like your stereotypical meh-tight, 16/15, 3bing like 5%, nice looking ABC stats and super slow and steady minor profit grinder. even though its bad in this spot, i actually think the fact that he folded made him stand out as a player at this level

as soon as that river peels and i take a short sec and mega OB, i think i immediately get credit for all overpair FHs, as well as the Q, and weighting on the 9 goes from literally 0% to something >0
even if i had Jx, i would bet the river exactly the same.

and yeah i would be x2 barrelling KQ like, 95%. so theres tons of Q in my range if hes thinking about this (fwiw, i think that he probably is)

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kinda tired of getting ch/jammed on in those turn spots, still never sure wtf to do becasue if I check I get almost no credit on most rivers but if I bet I get ch/jammed on a decent amount and don't get to realize my equity at all. Not sure how good this is but as long as overbets still get respect regardless of what I rep this seems like an ok alternative.

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with Q<font color='red'>♥</font> 7<font color='red'>♥</font>
2 folds, CO raises to $5, Hero raises to $14, 2 folds, CO calls $9

Flop: ($31.00) 8<font color='black'>♣</font> J<font color='black'>♣</font> K<font color='red'>♥</font> (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $17, CO calls $17

Turn: ($65.00) 6<font color='red'>♥</font> (2 players)
CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($65.00) 4<font color='black'>♣</font> (2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $111, CO folds

Final Pot: $65.00
Hero mucks Q<font color='red'>♥</font> 7<font color='red'>♥</font>
Hero wins $62.20
(Rake: $2.80)

HH is uber gross ^

^

gotta admit though, this is even more awesome than any of the previous OB HH's because as you say, it helps make up for that complete loss of credit we get OTR when we check back turns. was also gunna comment on how i was scared that the regularly of OB bluff HHs in here in the last few days correllated with the amount youre making in game. that was going to worry me lolo, glad you arent

vnh

Last edited:
JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

x/r'ing A high flops after you call BTN opens is a pretty standard bluff spot bc BTNs opening range is ridic wide. its one of the few moves i was actually able to carry down limits that still actually works- and the beauty of it at the lower levels is that they never ever think youre bluffing

pistolpetewags11

pistolpetewags11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zach, I don't know you as I am also new. But good luck! you seem to have great success in the game and that is admiring to me and I assume everyone else who loves poker.

I work 9 hours a day at a desk job, and you know what I wish I could do for those 9 hours? If you said work you guessed incorrectly. haha.

I would love to sit and play poker, but I can't win consistently. I know I have the mindset, and the knowledge of the game, but I don't have the combined confidence and focus required to be successful at this game.

I wish you luck in your success, and hope to see you around the tables!

pistolpetewags11

pistolpetewags11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Point

Ranges are so wide because it' BvB that he can literally probably call pre and raise any flop with ATC and be profitable against most villains (not Zach obviously). That said I don't really like 3betting there. We're actually ahead of his range since he's not doing this with better Aces. Not sure how we're going to get much value on later streets though.

If he jams over are you calling?

I think this is a great point. Are you suggesting that just a call is made and then play from there? You would get more value out of the hand, because you could check call the turn as he is most likely to bet again.

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with A<font color='black'>♣</font> 5<font color='black'>♠</font>

Flop: ($8.00) 2<font color='red'>♥</font> 6<font color='black'>♠</font> A<font color='black'>♠</font> (2 players)

Hero mucks A<font color='black'>♣</font> 5<font color='black'>♠</font>
Hero wins $36.29

In HMP. Good luck making SNE

Are you just 3betting the flop because if we call were OOP on a wet board and villain and triple barrel on us so easily and get us to fold later streets?

stately7

stately7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
x/r'ing A high flops after you call BTN opens is a pretty standard bluff spot bc BTNs opening range is ridic wide. its one of the few moves i was actually able to carry down limits that still actually works- and the beauty of it at the lower levels is that they never ever think youre bluffing

Well even though it was BvB rather than a BTN raise (so not a c/r by villain), I do totally see what you're saying JC and yeah, I suppose I do rep / bluff an A in similar or ideal situations, so duh to my original question. In light of this, tough choice between flatting the flop raise for additional value later or the small re-raise - but I do quite like taking down the pot there and then, avoiding stupid 2pair spots that MAY eventuate on turn & river, and right then, onto next hand.

And Zach - ofc you're only posting interesting hands rather than OB every other hand. Kinda relieved to hear this too!

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read somewhere that SNE is like 100k+ per year in bonuses if you can break even? In that case go for it, I wish I could do it :)

Yeah occasional overbets should be OK, I just thought there is no way you can do this often and not get analyzed by regs and soon it backfires... for example I have seen quite a few such overbets while climbing up levels and whenever I looked the guy up in the DB it turned out that almost never are those pure bluffs (since they get called a lot).

I suppose at some point habitual callers hit a wall and can't move up levels and then you can use these as bluffs against people like me :D

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was going to fold to a jam, like idk just when I call I get put in a ton of dumb spots and my hand is kinda face up, plus I can get him to turn his hand face up if I make a small 3b here. Obviously it sucks when he folds and he would have bluffed later streets with practically no equity but I think he's going to 3b all his 2p+ hands and call all his draws. So if he calls I can vbet a lot of turns and probably ch/c rivers that miss as well for max value. Only time that sucks is if maybe he flats pre and raises strong Ax hands or maybe like raise/calls A2.

I mean like I said I'm honestly not sure if it's good or not need to think about it a bit more I think but heading out now.
If you don't think he's going to shove his draws at least you can fold confidently to a jam. Still don't think I like 3betting though except that it makes the hand easier to play.

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My attempt to balance. He snapfolded too lol

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with 7:diamond: A:club:
4 folds, SB raises to $4, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($8.00) 7:club: 7:heart: 7:spade: (2 players)
SB bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($20.00) T:heart: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($20.00) T:club: (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $36, SB folds

Final Pot: $20.00
Hero mucks 7:diamond: A:club:
Hero wins $19.10
(Rake: $0.90)

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's what I find so interesting about this discussion. At say 10NL or 20NL, I like the overbet value jam too, it often looks/feels like a bluff and I'm called even by weak draws or weird one pair hands - lol. So it must be a function of these higher stakes being played. But even then, the environment will differ - various sites, live or online. This game is so bloody situational it's ridiculous!

Well, I'm playing 100nl atm, but it's on Bovada, and so far I'd equate 100nl Bovada to something like 10nl on Merge (can't compare to any non-US sites unfortunately).

i actually expect most 10regs to fold it (this guy is like your stereotypical meh-tight, 16/15, 3bing like 5%, nice looking ABC stats and super slow and steady minor profit grinder. even though its bad in this spot, i actually think the fact that he folded made him stand out as a player at this level

as soon as that river peels and i take a short sec and mega OB, i think i immediately get credit for all overpair FHs, as well as the Q, and weighting on the 9 goes from literally 0% to something >0
even if i had Jx, i would bet the river exactly the same.

and yeah i would be x2 barrelling KQ like, 95%. so theres tons of Q in my range if hes thinking about this (fwiw, i think that he probably is)

Like I didn't want to say it looks like a standard fold, but in villain's spot unless I saw you as an uber-spewtard, AND had seen you overbet-bluff pure air before, looks like a fold. But I have no idea what stars 10nl regs are like postflop in all fairness. Thanks for your comments JC.

@hack: Keep the sexy HH's coming!

C

cpgd176

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope you noted that buddy folded the fullhouse on the river. Gotta watch out for him, he's gonna do big things in the near future. Sicko!

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with 7 A

Flop: ($8.00) 7 7 7 (2 players)

Turn: ($20.00) T (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($20.00) T (2 players)

Hero mucks 7 A
Hero wins $19.10

He probably knows your a nit.:p

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
subscription order placed

pistolpetewags11

pistolpetewags11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BB with 7<font color='red'>♦</font> A<font color='black'>♣</font>

Flop: ($8.00) 7<font color='black'>♣</font> 7<font color='red'>♥</font> 7<font color='black'>♠</font> (2 players)

Turn: ($20.00) T<font color='red'>♥</font> (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($20.00) T<font color='black'>♣</font> (2 players)

Hero mucks 7<font color='red'>♦</font> A<font color='black'>♣</font>
Hero wins $19.10

If you lead the flop here I think you should lead the turn here as well. Lost some value there. Then check the river and have him bluff. What do you think?

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was IP, I didn't lead the flop.

pistolpetewags11

pistolpetewags11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sorry, misread it. Think you played it correctly. Although, now I could see a smallish re raise on flop, check check turn and bet river!

hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Owned I guess, not sure what to think of either of our plays:

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is UTG with J:spade: J:club:
Hero raises to $6, MP calls $6, 4 folds

Flop: ($15.00) 5:club: 4:spade: 3:club: (2 players)
Hero bets $9, MP raises to $24, Hero calls $15

Turn: ($63.00) 5:diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $42, Hero calls $42

River: ($147.00) 3:heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $131 all in, Hero calls $128 all in

Final Pot: $403.00
Hero mucks J:spade: J:club:
MP shows Q:club: Q:spade: (two pair, Queens and Fives)
MP wins $400.20
(Rake: $2.80)

Organize a Home Poker Game