Do you usually risk everything you have?

S

sebablue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Normalmente no, pero obviamente cuando tengo la mejor mano estoy dispuesto a apostarlo todo. También creo que saber cómo doblar manos premium cuando tienes que doblarlas te hace madurar como jugador.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, if you don't a preflop shove with AA, when you would call? Poker is about calculated risk, you will never be sure of nothing most of time. But there is not a good spot like that. I would call and pray.

freerollz

freerollz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take risks and practice conservative BRM (not that most people actually will).

If you can't handle a bad beat when you are in a highly "favorable" position, you should probably play a different game.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no matter how much money is at stake, throwing out AA will be a mistake. Everyone with aces preflop can call any stack, because the chances of winning are the greatest

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take risks and practice conservative BRM (not that most people actually will).

If you can't handle a bad beat when you are in a highly "favorable" position, you should probably play a different game.

Its not the bad beat I cant handle. Its the fact that no matter how aggressive, passive, tight, or loose I play in tournaments I have the same end result which is a bad beat. If you play loose you usually lose a legit hand to a better hand. If you play tight you run kings into aces. But heres the thing if a tourney last 6 hours. Regardless of how you play you loose just before the money. That you can have an amazing start to a tourney and quickly get a few double ups and triple ups and have a large chip stack right away and then it gets dwindle down because you stop getting hands or playing loose and you bust just before the money or just after the money. Conversely if you play tight and wait for a good hand over 6 hours you play fewer hands and slowly rise with a smaller chip stack until you get knocked out to a bad beat running kings into aces or something like that or someone with a worse pair hits trips. My point isnt that this happens its the timing of it happening and how often it happens compared to how often I run good and make a decent cash. So over a 6 hour period you only play until just before or after the money bubble and then you bust regardless of how you play. Mostly its before the money bubble. And it happens regardless of how big your chip stack is whether you have a big chip stack or average chip stack early you run into hands that deplete your chip stack before the money or just after the money. Its the timing of loses that is overly consistent between 2-3 hours of a tournament which should not be consistent but it is and the only common denominator for the timing is just missing the money or busting after the money regardless of chip stack size. You could play loose and have a 100 000 in chips and be leading the tourney and you run into a couple of smaller stacks or the one other big stack at your table and lose after doing well to that point and then bust the tourney. Or you can slowly climb playing tight with 100 000 and run aces into trips or kings into aces. Regardless of how you play loose or tight you lose at the mark just before the money so you have to keep depositing. In a game with so much variance and mathematical probability that should not be so consistent that you lose just before the money. It should be just as probable or consistent that after enough playing watching videos and taking poker courses and studying you should be able to as consistently cash in tourneys as previously you didn't consistently cash in tourneys. That hasnt happened for me yet. I have watched hours of streamers streaming their poker sessions and talking about how to play. I have spent thousands of my own money playing poker over the years I have learned from playing thousands of hours of tourneys I have played at all levels of the game low mid and high and am yet to get a consistent winning record playing online. This is just some of the things I have noticed. But dont get me wrong I have fun playing and love the game the logic and the challenge every single different game and person I have played against and would never give up playing. But it is a bit frustrating not to consistently win as consistently as you lose based solely on variance and "luck".

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never risk anything, but if I'm very sure on the hand then I pay:rolleyes:

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not the bad beat I cant handle. Its the fact that no matter how aggressive, passive, tight, or loose I play in tournaments I have the same end result which is a bad beat. If you play loose you usually lose a legit hand to a better hand. If you play tight you run kings into aces. But heres the thing if a tourney last 6 hours. Regardless of how you play you loose just before the money. That you can have an amazing start to a tourney and quickly get a few double ups and triple ups and have a large chip stack right away and then it gets dwindle down because you stop getting hands or playing loose and you bust just before the money or just after the money. Conversely if you play tight and wait for a good hand over 6 hours you play fewer hands and slowly rise with a smaller chip stack until you get knocked out to a bad beat running kings into aces or something like that or someone with a worse pair hits trips. My point isnt that this happens its the timing of it happening and how often it happens compared to how often I run good and make a decent cash. So over a 6 hour period you only play until just before or after the money bubble and then you bust regardless of how you play. Mostly its before the money bubble. And it happens regardless of how big your chip stack is whether you have a big chip stack or average chip stack early you run into hands that deplete your chip stack before the money or just after the money. Its the timing of loses that is overly consistent between 2-3 hours of a tournament which should not be consistent but it is and the only common denominator for the timing is just missing the money or busting after the money regardless of chip stack size. You could play loose and have a 100 000 in chips and be leading the tourney and you run into a couple of smaller stacks or the one other big stack at your table and lose after doing well to that point and then bust the tourney. Or you can slowly climb playing tight with 100 000 and run aces into trips or kings into aces. Regardless of how you play loose or tight you lose at the mark just before the money so you have to keep depositing. In a game with so much variance and mathematical probability that should not be so consistent that you lose just before the money. It should be just as probable or consistent that after enough playing watching videos and taking poker courses and studying you should be able to as consistently cash in tourneys as previously you didn't consistently cash in tourneys. That hasnt happened for me yet. I have watched hours of streamers streaming their poker sessions and talking about how to play. I have spent thousands of my own money playing poker over the years I have learned from playing thousands of hours of tourneys I have played at all levels of the game low mid and high and am yet to get a consistent winning record playing online. This is just some of the things I have noticed. But dont get me wrong I have fun playing and love the game the logic and the challenge every single different game and person I have played against and would never give up playing. But it is a bit frustrating not to consistently win as consistently as you lose based solely on variance and "luck".

And I should add after a lot of trial and error I have noticed one thing. When you play loose and a lot of hands and run deep 2-3 hours in a tourney you do it with alot of mid range hands when doing so you dont run into to many premium hands. Also over the same type of deep run in a 2 - 3 hour period if you play tight you run into alot more premium hands. I realize every tourney and hand is different. But I am talking about the cards you get dealt. So over a 3 hour period playing tight you see quite a few premium hands. When you are playing loose over a 3 hour period you dont run into to many premium hands you just get mid range hands. Its almost like there is an algorithm that feeds you cards based on your type of play if your willing you play mid range hands that is what you get dealt if you only play premium hands that is what you get dealt. I realize that logic would dictate you are more likely to lose playing mid range hands and will get knocked out sooner in a tourney where you play lose mid range hands more often than if you play tight premium hands. But I am talking about repetitively playing in tourneys online where I play lose for 3 hours and never see a premium hand. And conversely when I play tight over 3 hours I see lots of premium hands. If you don't believe me try a test sample yourself and see.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With such a hand, you can take risks with cash on tables with cash. I would use my chance.

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is always a voice in my head saying risk it all,risk all and i usually lose there lol xd

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know, I will loss, but I am doing that !!!!

TILT

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Risk

Sometimes you have to risk something...
Lose with ass's is not a shame...
You only can win with some risk.

Z

zokiusa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

If u dont risk u cant win.But if u risk all its not good
What i mean is if u have 5000 usd u should gamble 500usd.Nothing more.

B

BamaRaised

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I would. AA doesn't always win obviously, but i'll take my chances if my opponent goes all in pre flop.

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm not usually risk everything. Depends the moment , but i have predilections for be more conservator and feel the table .

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I think my hand is the best then yes

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA all in 200 preflop everytime. You have the best starting hand never fold AA pre flop. You will win more than lose in the long run.

M

mrpig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

I don 't like losing with AA
All-in at once.
Securely cut off weak cards and hope for luck.

But this not for Omaha Hi/Lo

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I think I have the best book at the table, I risk everything I have.:rock:

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.I believe that to risk everything,this is stupid.but there are situations when the card is very good, two aces, for example. then it is difficult to resist the temptation.)and also there are tournaments on the same 888, where the growth of blainds is 3 minutes.there you have to take risks, otherwise you will simply run out of chips.in General, I think such tournaments are not worthy of poker,they ruin the entire strategy.you start playing roulette instead of poker.the rapid growth of blinds,it is a deception.

Maume

Maume

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Y E S

For sure. If I lost I wouldn't be sad!

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did it several times until I learned not to run that irrigation is very dangerous for tubestrategy or your long-term game there is to run risks but only when you have a very high probability of winning

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost to quads a few days ago. Had the nut boat. He had the ugly 7. I doubt id play it any different, all in for sure.

If he had the ugly 7, and you had the nut boat, then you had AA. But there were also three 7s on board. How did the board, and the betting, play out?

meser09

meser09

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, it's not good to risk everything on one hand, but as Kipling said in his famous poem, if you can risk everything on one book and start over if you lose, there are situations when you have nothing to do. You have to risk everything! So take a risk and move on no matter what happens.

m_v_a

m_v_a

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you need to play all in if you feel that You have a stronger hand than your opponents.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to take risks, but not very often, you need to evaluate yourself and your opponents, luck will decide everything else)