Do you usually risk everything you have?

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA in cash you have to go or pay all in, it is the best possible hand then why not play it.

The pocket couple of aces, doesn't mean that in this distribution you will be a leader. Not always oll-in with aces means a victory. It will be good when against you 1 opponent goes if it is more, then the risk isn't justified. In that case, to play slowly and to watch what cards will drop out on a flop.

M

Mr_RichRich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo i will risk anything below 30 bigs for a solid all-in .
30bigs and above i will just hit the brakes and slow down .
And that is working so fine for me.:D

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think it is very hard to fold that hand depends on the players that you have been playing with and if you can call their bluffs or not.:jd4:

What?

How does it depend on the other players?

What does it matter if we can call their bluffs or not? We have AA... the question was if we can call off our entire stack with it preflop.

How this post has even more than one response in total is beyond words.
How this post can have more than one answer is amazing.

Poker is good.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Yes, almost always . But sometimes I try to set a trap for the players . But it doesn't always work out . Sometimes I fall into this trap myself !!!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the All CardsChat Community! In Poker, as in the Life, impossible without risk,
and in the same time need in time adjust under existing reality: in Poker this means to play
by bankroll, that not fear to lose the last money, and to think first of all about quality game,
and not only about money... Therefore correct bankroll management in Poker is rule number 1,
and main. And then the all will are OK! :)

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm at the game table, I don't think I'm thinking about losing everything, but how much I could win. :)

N

natasha_v

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey bro. I think it's obvious, that is the number 1 major reason why we all play this bloody game: moving all in with the best hand. LOL

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

Definitely do not risk everything I HAVE - which is why practicing good bankroll management. If I have $2,000 balance, $200 is probably the most id ever feel comfortable sitting with.

That way if you get the opportunity to stack off with AA pre and it doesnt work out... you dont want to kill yourself :)

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am short stacked the definitely yes ...if I a deep stacked mayb 5BB

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to say no but in the heat of moment, who am i kidding right this sec if i'm sitting on AA n other guy shoves especially HU I am gonna call every time.

P

PR0D1GY03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Reply: Do you usually risk everything you have?

Ive been playing texas holdem online now for 12 years, on nearly every platform. One thing ive seen consistently fail is entering a cash game or tournament with your full bankroll. Id say whatever the buy in is make sure your stash could cover 10× that at the very minimum. You have to be ready forrunning bad and and just simple unfortunate luck. Also players tend to not play to there potential with all there money on the line. Scared money dont make money:D

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

Kinda an old thread revisited.
I do not usually risk everything I have in a single session let alone a single hand and like many have said two words come to mind "Bankroll Management".

Bankroll Management is one of the first things one should learn and make it a Rule to follow and integrate into every facet of your game.

CardsChat has many links and many articles on Bankroll Management if you are interested.

Good Luck if you decide to call off your entire roll and best of luck.

Efeb23

Efeb23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U gotta play with no regrets. The game is more enjoyable that way.

S

Szocske2020

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No do you have to play be careful..Only when coming the b8g blinde or small blind is posible to rick

N

nyeesssss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it doesnt matter how much money u have on the table u cant fold AA on that flop.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
risk

I`ll risk on that flop, just can`t fold pocket aces it is just too bad, and i`m also pretty sure that the villan doesn`t have a jack.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
unfortunately it happens to me a lot. because I am tempted to increase the stack, which I push all in at the moment of the greatest pressure in the game. but I know that we often have to balance patience and aggression. I've already lost a lot in aggressiveness.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I'm calling the all in with aces. If you can't call all in pre flop with aces then you shouldn't be playing those stakes.

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks like you called an all in preflop with aces and had bad luck.

Poker is a game of chance, luck is a big factor in the short run.

Of course you go all the way with aces (preflop), you MUST.

AA vs random is about 82/18 so yes, 18 out of 100 times your aces might crumble, and its less than that if theres more than 1 villain.

One time I had aces and I shoved vs a really bad opponent (knowing he was calling with any 2) he had A4, flop was 444...

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No way, it’s crazy to risk everything all the time. But sometimes in certain situations you are sure to be better than the opponent according to your hand and the cards on the table, playing with the statistic in favor, then yes, it is interesting to take a chance because a double of money is always welcome

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never fold AA pre-flop in a cash game with a $200 buy-in. If it's meant to be for them to get crushed I've got to see it.