Do you usually risk everything you have?

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is a easy all in pre flop, yestarday I lost AA x QJo

the olny thing that makes me happy is to know that in more than 80% of the time i will be winning if i lose thats happens.

I tilt in the beggining of this year and get in on cash game with all my bankroll of course I lost. the leasson is not to play tilted today is hard to i tilt easilly even losing AA x QJo I was ok with this.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
risk is a noble thing but still not worth the risk.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think i would go all in, but i would raise pretty darn high.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Courage is not the lack of fear, it's being in fear and still doing it anyway! yes, I have put all my bankroll into a game in the past like $600, and lost! No risk no reward! But what if I won or even placed well then the sky is the limit!

mardasenia

mardasenia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who does not take risks does not drink champagne !!!

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have already lost the entire bankroll several times, as I am recreational, invest low values and play micro stakes. When I earn a reasonable amount I usually withdraw so as not to lose all the profit.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There was a time when i lost all profit, but now i withdrawel big parts of profit, so i cant loose everything ;)

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do I risk everything

Never risk everything you have. You dont wanna be a d gen.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someones holding a jack. They are going to drag it out arent they. Check call then all in on the river. Well thats how I would play it. In regards holding aa. You gotta go all in in that situation

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, yeah I don't know if I'd go all-in with AA when 3 jack of diamonds hits the flop, something is wrong 😅. But it would be hard for me to fold AA with 3 jacks on the flop, I'm going all-in and I'm going to be either extremely happy or very disappointed.

pundim

pundim

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually do and it's when I get screwed hahahaha

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, in that case I have a player with jacks on my chair) I would never play

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, if it is not pokerstars i would definetly call allin 200$. It is not money to afraid lose all.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't put my whole stack into play. Not a fan of letting variance completely destroy me in one fell swoop.

I learned the hard way, took a few lessons though.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say 99% of the players blew their bankrolls ,the key is to learn from the mistakes.
Since I dont have a solid bankroll and I am semi-pro (more recreational) and since I have a real job,its hard for me to keep a decent bankroll.
For 2021 my resolution is to play more tournaments ,hoping to hit one in the 10.000s to build a solid bankroll and maybe give up my job

W

WolfDieter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey, You,

pretty philosophical in here. hope my english is enough... ;) the most obvious and, I guess, often the least understood, said Kidrock: Courage is not the lack of fear, it's being in fear and still doing it anyway!
if there is no fear, there can't be no courage... oh, I guess I am brave, cause I have no idea of double negation and still want to philosophize in a foreign language. by the way, not a small part of courage is exactly what might be called stupidity. And who wants to be in the world without being stupid... uhh, I guess, it was to cocky!

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were in this situation, I would take the risk, but I like to stick to the conservative game of means.

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have good hand , I will risk everything

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

Are we assuming 100bbs in a 200NL game? Absolutely. Every time. If you even have to second-guess getting all the money in preflop with literally the best starting hand in NLHE then you are fundamentally missing what the game is all about. odds and probability, having an edge, and maximizing value by making +EV plays. All in equity preflop does not get any better than that. Now, having said all that, if $200 is ALL I HAVE, then I am playing at the wrong limit. You should not take your whole bankroll to the table. With that amount of money 10NL is the absolute highest you should be playing, and only if you're a winning player who knows when to dial down the stakes when the downswings occur. If I'm properly bankrolled for 200NL (which would be a substantial amount, depending on your winrate, risk adversity, and lifestyle), then being stacked by getting it in the best possible situation before the flop, in a cash game (my tournament life isn't at stake here) means I lose a buy-in. NBD. Yeah, you will lose a fair amount of times in that scenario, but statistically-speaking it is the most profitable PREFLOP situation to be in.

I say all this as you said "if I had AA preflop" but you also have JJJ... of diamonds in your question. Does that mean we are now POSTFLOP and the board flopped 3 jacks? Then the play here is substantially different, and we need A LOT more information about how you ended up in a situation where your buy-in is at risk on that board. Truthfully I'd be more terrified of that in PLO/PLO8 than in NLHE, but still without knowing anything about the action so far, I can't say for certain whether or not I lay down American Airlines in this spot.

I

iamKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

Not sure why you wouldn’t want to call allin with the best preflop hand preflop. I can why you would ask this if it were to be a tournament but I’m cash game what makes you think you should fold AA preflop. If you are scared of going allin with AA preflop in cash game I think you should stop playing Poker as it would really hurt you when you do lose your AA due to bad beat.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have had a similar situation in a live game when I had rockets in the hi-jack position and the flop came 9,9,9, and the BB pushed all-in. My reasoning is, if I had quads would I chase money away by moving all-in? No! Certainly not, I would want my opponent to move all-in so I could destroy him. with Quads.
I called his all-in and he turned pocket Queens, Turn and River bricked so my Aces held.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, AA is the best hand preflop. If you have it, you have better than average chance of winning that hand. You go for it. Now, you should also be playing amounts that you are ok with losing. So hopefully that is the case.

S

Sbrzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing this post, I remembered a hand that my compatriot lost at the final table of the PCA. sick flop

obs: I don't know if I can post links here.