Do you usually risk everything you have?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Absolutely! That said, I just lost a hand with AA. He had KK to start and ended up with quads. Anything can and does happen in poker.

Exactly the same happened to me, and yes you were right to call an all-in with AA
80% of the time you would win the hand, Just pure luck on his side that beat you.

D

D1enonli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not even close. If this was my entire bankroll I'd easily fold because you can wait for a better opportunity to risk your entire bankroll when you have the nutz. How many times have you been beaten holding AA. It's not worth it. I always would at least want to see a flop.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in any case you need to play! the main thing is that it is not the last 200 $

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

I don't risk what I have at all, I try to be within the 100 buy-in rule, if I don't have anything I play freerolls. If I can't win I will stop playing:captain:
Greetings

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes go all in with AA in pre flop. Agree and support you.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't dare to put $200 on AA preflop then you
shouldn't join a $200 game....

Since you should have a bankroll of 15 -20 K for playing that stake
you should be able to afford the $200 loss in case your opponent does
get lucky in that hand.

C

chefsense

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played it both ways but I'm beginning to be persuaded with the all in philosophy.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90% yes, 10% no if the person going all-in has had a run of great hands previous to this hand, I might thing twice.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly the same happened to me, and yes you were right to call an all-in with AA
80% of the time you would win the hand, Just pure luck on his side that beat you.
I've been on the wrong side of that "pure luck" a lot lately. Yesterday got it all in with a set of tens on the flop. He was semi-bluffing and got caught empty-handed with JJ; then made a runner-runner str8 on the end when one of three available queens hit on the river. 5% - it happens a lot to me.

There's something in the air, I swear. It's not just me. 9 out of 10 hands seem to go the wrong way.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all..no not everything..risk should be factored in your play..not many players lose a full bankroll in a session

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, I would risk AA preflop if that $200 were the last money in my bankroll. AA is the best hand in Hold'em preflop, if you don't risk this hand, then which hands should you risk with?) Whether or not you are lucky in this hand is another question. There are many factors that influence the outcome of a given hand, for example, how many opponents entered the hand with you, what style of play these opponents are, loose or tight, and many other factors. AA can be folded on the flop when you are sure your opponents are stronger than you, but you cannot fold that hand preflop.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"With 200$ in the cash game". That information is not enough to answer this question. You need to know how much money you have behind and a little bit of info on who you're calling. That's pretty much what you need to make a decision.

psihoz35

psihoz35

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

hello, sometimes it is worth risking everything, as they say - whoever does not risk does not drink champagne

D

DeadlyAce85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jam and pile money in with AA everytime.

But... what if you're sitting at 300bb deep? or 400? 500?

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

if my bankroll is $200 probably not .
if $200 is just part of my bankroll yes definitely , even if it represents up to 70% of it

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I take risks and I will always take risks when I have AA)) To survive the pain that I will experience in case of loss, I need a bankroll.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In poker, like in any investment, you can't risk everything you've got.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I risk every time I will sink into pines

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well considering all three jacks are diamonds would definitely call if both my aces are diamonds.:D

N

Nairne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do I ever go all-in at a table? Obviously - I’m here to make money! Do I ever put all of my bankroll on one buy in? Never. The other week I entered a tournament with some friends for 3% of my bankroll and that’s the most I’ve ever risked and felt awful doing it.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I go in with my guns blazing all depends wining or losing its going to cost you to see next card that how I play your not going to beat me with7 2. You hit pair and win it going to cost you to play. You better fold them crapping hands donksomebody out

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. Why would you fold the best possible hand preflop?
This would be very dumb.

T

tommyboobaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shouldn't do it as much as I do. Do it more unfortunately when I have caught nothing but garbage for a couple hours.