Do you usually risk everything you have?

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never risk everything because it, in any case, will someday result in losses. And I do not play cash games, I prefer tournaments. In tournaments, your costs are limited and therefore the risk of losing more than you can afford is minimal.
Not to sound negative but this post caught my attention. There is no difference between risking everything in a tournament or in a cash game. You could be in a $200 buy in tournament and have the same decision with AA. Are you also never going to call the all in pre flop then? Alternatively you could be in a cash game online playing 10NL with a $10 stack. Are you never going to call the all in pre with AA there either? I thought the obvious answer (although it doesn't seem obvious from reading some of the posts here) is to only play with what you can afford to lose. That way it doesn't matter if it's a tournament or a cash game when you have the best hand you will never think about folding it. The whole point of the game is to get all the money in the middle when you have the best hand. If you're only willing to do this if your opponent is drawing dead then you should probably find another game to play because that is super rare in poker.

Q

qbvbsite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA if I have the opportunity to get it all in the middle, it's going in 100% of the time. You're a strong favorite over all other hand's why wouldn't you?

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know how they say, who runs the risk of he will get profit :D but i would definitely pay all in for hand AAs :)

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday, guy played utg j10 all in . Mf I called with 99, was it mistake? How do you think?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to sound negative but this post caught my attention. There is no difference between risking everything in a tournament or in a cash game. You could be in a $200 buy in tournament and have the same decision with AA. Are you also never going to call the all in pre flop then? Alternatively you could be in a cash game online playing 10NL with a $10 stack. Are you never going to call the all in pre with AA there either? I thought the obvious answer (although it doesn't seem obvious from reading some of the posts here) is to only play with what you can afford to lose. That way it doesn't matter if it's a tournament or a cash game when you have the best hand you will never think about folding it. The whole point of the game is to get all the money in the middle when you have the best hand. If you're only willing to do this if your opponent is drawing dead then you should probably find another game to play because that is super rare in poker.

I do not agree with you. For me, tournaments are safer because my spending on play is limited by buy-in. When I'm playing cash games, I'm more emotional and I can just spend more than I planned.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not agree with you. For me, tournaments are safer because my spending on play is limited by buy-in. When I'm playing cash games, I'm more emotional and I can just spend more than I planned.
That’s fine, we can agree to disagree. Your spending on play is always limited by buy in for both tournaments and cash. Many tournaments have rebuy and add on options as well so you could also spend more than you planned there too. So are you folding the AA in the tournament as well? It sounds to me like the tournament is only safer in your mind since you are less likely to re-buy if that is even allowed. Learning not to spend more than you planned is good. But folding AA in general is bad. If we thought hard we could probably come up with an ICM tournament fold on the bubble in a 9 way all in, closing the action for stacks with AA or something. But in general we should be piling in money pre with AA in both tournaments and cash.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no matter what the distribution is, it is forbidden to throw two aces preflop))

S

stormyf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. On the one hand, I would never put my entire abncroll on 1 page. On the other hand, the AA combination in my statistics is 80% fall, 20% gain.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you were willing to put all of your $200 into the game, you absolutely have to be willing to put AA all-in pre=flop.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the best starting hand so I would put it all on the line in a cash game if I lost my mind and played with all my bankroll as one buy-in

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Sometimes you need to risk with emotions :))

Tox1cel

Tox1cel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have lost 100 pounds with AA and he had KK, and guess what? He made 4 of kind and i had full... After that hand i never go all în with AA

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

Thank you for your post. With pocket A's preflop I'm gladly getting all my money in. If you're hesitating shoving all in preflop with the best hand ever created then maybe you would feel more comfortable moving down in stakes. A much more skilled and knowledgeable poker player told me not to play anything higher than a cash game my bankroll can cover 400bb in. Thus the amount of money being played for won't influence your decision making and you can just view the players actions as bb bets and what the amounts signify in that particular hand. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

M

marfuki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not risk it quads an be a killer believe me :) or even flush :)

walkkking

walkkking

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course i am call. Without risk, there is no victory. If I get an AA, I'm happy to call for allin

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost to quads a few days ago. Had the nut boat. He had the ugly 7. I doubt id play it any different, all in for sure.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost to quads a few days ago. Had the nut boat. He had the ugly 7. I doubt id play it any different, all in for sure.

Aw! That’s a tough loss for sure. I try not to go all in unless I know I have the nuts or close to them, but there are situations. Especially, when you are the low stack and have your back against the wall.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if they were black aces. Because... It's fun to not have any idea of poker theory.

C

chattydb4567

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

That’s one part of my game I don’t have trouble with every hand has a chance to be your last unless I’m on trny bubble full steam a head

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing poker, sometimes you have to risk everything, there’s no getting around it.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

I think it is very hard to fold that hand depends on the players that you have been playing with and if you can call their bluffs or not.:jd4:

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You should not focus on the outcome of one hand, instead focus on what is the average amount you win or lose if the event in question happens an infinite amount of times. If you have the nuts in preflop you should not fear anything and your goal has to be to induce your opponents to put a ton of chips before flop.