Do you usually risk everything you have?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if there's three Jacks of diamonds on the board I'm calling the floor or exiting the website lol. But to answer your question, yes I'm putting all the money in with AA on that flop. It goes without saying that there was at least one raise pre flop. Your opponent will very rarely have the last J. And even when they do, you can statistically still go runner runner quad Aces. Both are very unlikely but ultimately poker is a game of edges or probability gaps. If you aren't willing to get all the money in in situations like this then you shouldn't be playing with that much money on the table. Work your way up and take those edges where you can find them.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would, but depends on how I feel where I'm at in the situation.

Don't be too attached that you can't fold Aces (common beginner mistake) but also don't be afraid to call.

You go into a poker game not being afraid to lose your buyin. Can't let the fear of losing or making mistakes period weigh on you.

With that being said, depends on the action. Your opponent can easily have a lower pocket pair than you that he went crazy with.
KK, QQ, TT-22
He can also put you on having nothing so he thinks he can re-"bluff" the pot away from you.
Or he can Jx who got too excited when he hit quads.

Def take the preflop action into account and what you think is in his range. Alot of people just come to gamble, $200 is nothing to them. So ATC is always a possibility in their preflop range.

You have to give us more details.

Plus sometimes if you put so little in the pot if you fold it's not like you lost alot. Other hands will present themselves where you're more sure about having the better hand.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or he can Jx who got too excited when he hit quads.

Def take the preflop action into account and what you think is in his range. Alot of people just come to gamble, $200 is nothing to them.

He can also be bluffing and repping Jx cuz he knows you don't have Jx is not in your range given the preflop action if 3 or 4 bet AA pre. Takes alot of boldness and is an advanced play tho.

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Usually" -- no.
"Sometimes" -- yes.

Depends on the stack size and what action I'm facing. Low stack sizes mean all the cash is getting in more easily than large stack sizes.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just realized I read the initial question wrong. The JJJ was just your signature. To your question, if I'm in a cash game and I ever have a chance to call off my $200 stack with AA I am making that call 100% of the time.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I finished earlier game all in AJ , and he got A 5 , blinds were 60000 , so i got 450000 :( i should to do this

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
correctly written, the main game is bankroll and discipline, and there will be no questions, there will be an understanding of the game

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just realized I read the initial question wrong. The JJJ was just your signature. To your question, if I'm in a cash game and I ever have a chance to call off my $200 stack with AA I am making that call 100% of the time.
You are not the only one😁!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes but by praying that this hand will hold up against my opponent. variance does not make a gift especially in cash game.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a game of variance

AA all in preflop is a no brainer, especially in a cash game

this is your dream scenario

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

Yes of course I'd call it all off with AA preflop

BUT, if I only had $200 to my name I would never sit with all the money at a poker table

Sitting only with money you can afford to lose and still maintain your level of lifestyle is essential to responsible gambling and being able to play poker with full confidence.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, it’s realy sad to lose AA to KK

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I am not sure, what the question is? Preflop AA is the nuts, so of course I am never folding it in a cash game or a normal tournament. Only in a satellite tournament or a DON can it sometimes be correct to fold AA preflop, if you can fold your way to a sure ticket or cash.

If you are talking about a situation, where we see a JJJ flop, then it depends on stack sizes, positions and preflop action. If I raise AA from late position, and BB defend, then the stack to pot ratio is very deep, and both players can have JX quite a lot. So in that spot I am not nessesarely ready to play for all the money without the last J in my hand.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never risk everything because it, in any case, will someday result in losses. And I do not play cash games, I prefer tournaments. In tournaments, your costs are limited and therefore the risk of losing more than you can afford is minimal.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on what else was on the flop. But in general, it’s not worth the risk of such money.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, again, I loose my bankroll (
Maybe I shouldn’t play spin & go? )

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as I didn't suspect foul play. If you're thinking about folding AA pre flop you shouldn't be in that game.

Y

ypiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
absolutely… its a strategy to not ending the stock and to not making the things more difficult like less money more trouble to earn…