Do you usually risk everything you have?

Y

Yontox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah definitely with Aces. You have the second nuts in this scenario. The only thing that'd beat you is quads. If they have it, they have it.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely Yes! Poker needs risk
and Pocket of AA its very strong hand to do this!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In that type of situation I probably would call an all-in bet because he could have the Jack or he could be betting with another pocket pair like Kings or Queens and lets be honest about it would it be profitable if he chose to shove all-in with the case Jack and chase everyone off the pot?
I would certainly check if I had 4 of a kind hoping for some other player to lead out on it and hope to win with pocket pairs.
Risking everything in a game is different from risking your entire bankroll on a single game. I had a friend once who told me he had lost his entire bankroll on one game and I told him he was crazy risking everything on one game, I had over $150 in my bankroll and he said he would use that to buy into 3 X $50 games and go for it or go Broke! and I replied but that is why I have $150 and you have nothing.
Never use more than 1% of your bankroll to buy into any game, Cash or Tourney, If you do you are heading for a meltdown and losing the lot.
Patience and Persistence Pays Off. Use your bankroll cautiously and you will in the long run reap the rewards.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I would have risked undeniably. Because with AA preflop, you have a better chance of winning. Does it make sense to play poker to fold AA preflop? This is absurd, doesn't it seem strange to you? I think everyone here will go to All IN

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brave

The risk is a noble cause, intuition to help, I think it is worth taking such a step. What rate plays a role.:rolleyes:

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:

IMO if you're not calling you need to leave the table as it means you're scared money and will just get taken advantage of in any other hand you play.

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in such a situation there will be no mistake to equalize ollin.
On the other hand, the pass saved money if the game goes against a thread player who never bluffs, I would still think first.
and then stabbed 50/50.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is part of the game and must be treated with understanding!

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is a good card. You can take risks. But not always. I think that risk is a game. Life is bad without risk. Who does not take risks does not drink champagne !!!:):jd4:

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will always call everything I have with a pair of AA, but I have a bad experience, I called everything with this hand on the flop AA A88 and ended up losing against a straight flush.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
everything is relative, playing zoom you can only go all in with the best possible combination on the table, as for the tournament itself, playing all in is a direct part of the tournament, so yes, and often I go all in with good cards starting with the preflop..

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what a position to be in...but it's all or nothing in that moment.....if I'm feeling the vibe I would without hesitation but I'm all in I prefer to lose a good hand than lose money with a good hand!!!

Last edited:
G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $ 200 in the cash game would you risk calling All in if your hand was A A preflop?+_+:jd4::jd4::jd4:
Im always trying to see flop, usually im pushing preflop with meduim cards and low stack with good pos (im a fun player, lol)

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
of course I go for everything, even recently I had a similar situation. There was TTT on the table, me with AA, unfortunately I was unsuccessful becouse enemy with AT.