Am i stupid or the worst player in the world?

S

spadeit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you were just tilting after the loss. Happens even to the best players from time to time.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A few days ago I made a $ 20 deposit to 888 poker. All right ... I started playing cash. I doubled my money after 2 hours of play. I lost everything in about 10 minutes. How? The bad part that I deconcentrated after I lost an all in for about $ 10, I KK vs A3. From this moment everything has been ruined. My state of mind, focus have gone ..... my question always sounds in my mind ..... how can you play all in with A3 ???? At this point ... I have no more fun playing poker. How long ... I do not know .... I'm disappointed. Am I stupid or the worst player in the world ???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I think you are too hard on yourself. You should step back and look at how you ended up all in. Did you over bet the pot to go all in? Could you have made a pot size bet or reraise? Ask yourself these questions when you lose a hand. It just maybe that you over played your hand.

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are too hard on yourself. You should step back and look at how you ended up all in. Did you over bet the pot to go all in? Could you have made a pot size bet or reraise? Ask yourself these questions when you lose a hand. It just maybe that you over played your hand.

I agree. Also, if you doubled up to $40 and lost $10 on an all in, the step back is well needed. Not only to reflect but to also reassess your bankroll management. Say you have $30 left, go back to .01/.02 for a week or two. By then you should have that ten back and then some. When depositing $20, you can’t expect to run it up once you feel you’re running good. Just stay consistent in time periods of management levels. It’s not easy. But when you set a structure, write it up and post it on your computer. Whatever you have to do to stay inbounds with your structure of success. [emoji41]

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this has happened to all the players. Part of the great challenge of playing is to have behavior and recover bad times without going into despair. You are not the best player in the world, you are simply human.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Well you are newbie, right? So you might be the worst player in the world, nothing wrong with that. You just need to learn from your mistakes.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
relax.. dont tilt if u loose one hand i loose lot of them with 1% or one out... focus on next hands, games..think positive, laugh when u loose..:cool:

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few days ago I made a $ 20 deposit to 888 poker. All right ... I started playing cash. I doubled my money after 2 hours of play. I lost everything in about 10 minutes. How? The bad part that I deconcentrated after I lost an all in for about $ 10, I KK vs A3. From this moment everything has been ruined. My state of mind, focus have gone ..... my question always sounds in my mind ..... how can you play all in with A3 ???? At this point ... I have no more fun playing poker. How long ... I do not know .... I'm disappointed. Am I stupid or the worst player in the world ???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Well i understand your pain, he ain't supposed to call with A3 such a bad kicker.
But a 40$ dollar bankroll you shouldn't be playing this stakes, you should be playing the minimum stake for this amount, it's always hard to face bad beats but that's poker you know ? You will understand that when you start to face them more often (yes they will keep happening, but guess what, if you have proper bankroll management you will be able to recovery this losses). And if i learned something with cash games, that thing is to stop on the top really, one time or another you will fall and it will hurt to see your profit become ashes.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I double up. I leave the table. Go back to the original buy in and play again. Then you have banked a win. That's a good day. Also you could take a break and enter a tourney. For the amount you won. You just won a free entry into a tournament. Poker takes a lot of discipline. Figure out what rules work for you, and enforce the rules. If you put a time limit on yourself or a $ amount wins/losses then stick to it. Nothing in this world is easy, hard work and discipline will pay off in results. Get back on that horse and Shuffle up and Deal!

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just not lucky this time) better luck next time) don't worry)

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Every poker player on the planet takes more than their fair share of bad beats. How you deal with them can define how well you do. IF you know you tend to go on tilt after a bad beat try taking a break for a few hands or taking a few deep breaths and counting to 10. Hang in there!:)

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I wonder if this happens online or live poker as well.....
There are always fishes that go with A3 and win against KK and AA too. But you must face it and go all in for sure
Rgds

J

Jsavage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just need to tell others sometimes

Hi, I’ve been looking all night for a place where people talk about situations where things went horribly wrong and this is the closest I found. If there is a better place for this I would appreciate a link. Basically I play moderately winning poke at low stakes. I feel that some hands are straight forward enough that I don’t doubt my play, just want to tell someone cause, damn it’s frustrating. Tonight was playing a 27 player tournament and 4 ppl left (were past the bubble ) I have played tight all night, and have about 8500 in chips. At this point we are just about all equal in stack at the table. I’m bb and under the gun Limps for 500. Other two players fold and action is on me. I have watched this guy limp several hands since final table started. So I decide to take a chance, and go all In j9 suited. I don’t really think he’ll call because he’s limp range has got to be really wide. But he does. He turns over pocket threes and I don’t make a hand. The sad thing is I was just going to try this one time because I didn’t want him to think that he could just limp my blinds. I had not shoved a single hand pre-flop and it had to of been 100 hands or more at the final table. I just don’t understand how he called. It seems like such a terrible terrible play. We are so deep and I have played so tight. He could just not waste the last two hours of his life on this tournament and blow it all on one hand hoping to have a 50% chance to win. I mean really that’s his best hope is that he has a 50% chance I know the players shove in the situation all the time with low pocket pairs. Lots of aces or kings. Basically it’s a dream for him if I only have two over cards. Or alternatively he could just fold one time and have a chance to not risk his entire tournament on a coin flip (or worse) end rant.

Who knows, maybe people will never feel the need to complain. And even as I write this this was over an hour ago and I’m basically over it. I just wanted a place to throw it out there. Share the pain if you know what I mean?

Thanks for listening

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are a good player, you just have little real experience and your templates get in the way. Poker is not checkers or backgammon, here your psyche will be tested for stress resistance by handing out a cooler and not in your direction. Do not be discouraged, for everyone this period passes and most of them find the strength to deal with it.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look at the big picture, all players run badly at times..

When things run badly, looking inward is natural. It was my decision, I did it, turned out to be a loser. Loser= I am a bad player; simple logic.

Mathematically, unless you are playing heads up, the odds of winning are against you. Ten player table, 9 opponents vs. just you. Your odds of winning are 1 in ten.
Some times you get great cards and beat the odds. Just remember that the wins are the exception, not the expected outcome.
Look at the big picture, not every hand; if you are playing your normal, logical game, and you know its simple variance causing to lose, don't worry about. Anybody tells you they never have bad runs at poker is not being honest.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
Do not worry!
It's just that a bad player this time was just lucky, at a distance you will tear them to shreds!
Relax and try again! :D
Distance, training, bankroll - success :cool::cool::cool:

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

Play freerolls, learn, develop. This is just one hand. Each hand has a chance of winning. There are no victories without defeat.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

i don't think you're wrong i think a poker game is 60 percent luck all the rest of tte your game knowledge is going on a lot of luck you also need to win isn't it in vain the question of whether poker is gambling or mind games?

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Not stupid. Not at all.

I hope that everything after your statement of “I lost everything ten min later” is simply exaggerating and frustration speaking.

I think we’ve all been there. On a heater and then BOOM you hit the wall.

Learn from any mistake you might have made. Players gonna push with shit cards. Doesn’t mean they’ll always hit.

Poker supposed to be fun. I know I wouldn’t play if I didn’t enjoy the game

joebenigno

joebenigno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're on tilt the best thing to do is to take a long break until that feeling comes back where you can't wait to get back on the felt

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe stupid is who went all in with A3.
The problem is that you are not stupid, the problem is the limit that you are willing to play with this bankroll that you have.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It always happens on line
the only thing you should do is to calm down, stop playing for an hour or so and start again when you are focused

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome to a new word that you will have to live with (when playing poker) its called being on TILT.
Its a form of auto-destruction unless you learn a self-control and discipline to put a stop to it.
The good news are you are not alone, the great majority of players do experience it

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dear friend, you are neither stupid nor the worst player in the world. He just stopped studying and training enough to be successful in his moves. Keep good self-esteem and good luck next time.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you think you can make so much money in poker? This is all thanks to players like you who think they are playing well. They don't care about improving their game or choosing the optimal playing conditions for themselves.