Am i stupid or the worst player in the world?

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
A few days ago I made a $ 20 deposit to 888 poker. All right ... I started playing cash. I doubled my money after 2 hours of play. I lost everything in about 10 minutes. How? The bad part that I deconcentrated after I lost an all in for about $ 10, I KK vs A3. From this moment everything has been ruined. My state of mind, focus have gone ..... my question always sounds in my mind ..... how can you play all in with A3 ???? At this point ... I have no more fun playing poker. How long ... I do not know .... I'm disappointed. Am I stupid or the worst player in the world ???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know that mistreating people is very bad, Don't you?. So, you should not mistreat yourself. We all make mistakes and from them we must learn the lesson. Stop saying that you are the worst or the most stupid player in the world. Instead of feeling bad or self-pity you have to start working on how to improve that negative part of you.I will share a big mistake that I made a few days ago.
https://www.cardschat.com/

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are not alone, a very high percentage of people lose in online poker. They pay rake and the house always wins. You are not the worst player, just a little unlucky. If you are not enjoying it any more you can stop depositing. You can consider freerolls in 888 Poker.

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stupid? no...worst player in the world? doubtful

If you put too much pressure on yourself, you will never enjoy the game...why just not accept that you are where you are right now (in terms of ability) ...just learn things in small chunks (if you want to learn that is)...if not, then you will pick things us, through experience..

enjoyment is key...but that is only possible, if you take the pressure off yourself and accept you are where you are currently. top:

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Mean Answer: Dude, you haven't played enough to get past mathematical variance. So, there is no way to know if you're good or not.

The Nice Answer: Some of the people you've played with probably think you're a genius. Others are ambush predators just waiting for you to come along. So, it's all relative.

The Accurate Answer: Poker is actually a difficult game to learn. So, find your level, relax and have fun. :top:

Cheers!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Don't seek for answer in a short term result! Poker is a long term ''activity'' . Ok I know there are some guys who bink something big in the short term but how many are those?

Play whenever you can , improve your game and I believe that this is the key to success. Never tell yourself that you know everything about poker!

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I started playing poker in 2008 I played at least four days each week for about 4 years. I was winning a $ 10,000 Freeroll at Carbon Poker, earning $ 1632! (check in the Carbon Poker archive). I started playing Cash. The biggest cash withdrawal was $ 3,000. Finally ... my life has reserved something else and I started playing poker less and less in the last few years of any game! 2-3 months ago I started playing again. Now I play from memories ???

Thank you all for your good and pozitive words.

AlfieAA said something to remember it : enjoyment is key!!!

It’s the best advice ever!!

Thank you!

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is part of poker, especially in cash games. You can be sure that there are many like you the worst of everything everything is when you have any set and another player has a set bigger than yours

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fully agree: top prio is to enjoy!
From what you describe, please have a look at BRM Bank Roll Management. If done well, you cannot go broke.
I'm probably worse than you as player, but didn't go broke (yet).
Good Luck (it also help, apart from BRM, study and good cards)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me all the time, I think the culprit of this is the attention and greed, the inability to stop in time and slow down!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cash Games are a whole new beast...

Hi there,

the first rule of cash poker is....its not the hand you play but the relative size of someones bankroll.
I have seen players with Ace rag offsuit be prepared to risk all as they can probably afford it and go up against monster hands...AK is never safe and i would take 22 over AK offsuit more often in a flip than not...
Cash games are great tv and its clear why players move tables regularly to keep the focus.

i wish you every luck

Pirateglenn

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not that great of a player personally but I remember sharkscoping this player on ACR who has lost $60,000 dollars approx with average bet of like $3.5. Which is insane. He called my all in on flop with king queen high I had pocket 77 flop was 992 he rivered a queen and I decided to look him up it was like legrerr or legerr. Worst player on ACR for sure.

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10$ all in, with 20$ stack? are you serious?
Maybe you should learn bankroll management?

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
10$ all in, with 20$ stack? are you serious?
Maybe you should learn bankroll management?

If you read well, my bankroll was $ 40 !!! I call all in with KK in my hand. He had A 3 ... total pot was 21 $. What did you do? Folded?

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the problem is knowing when to stop for a break and try another day. I use to make the same mistakes you did but I learned to be different. no matter what you will not be lucky all the time just need to learn when to stop.

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you read well, my bankroll was $ 40 !!! I call all in with KK in my hand. He had A 3 ... total pot was 21 $. What did you do? Folded?

I think this forum is for learning and not for criticizing !!! if I needed to be criticized I was going to “my wife “!!I[emoji23]
I have told the story, hoping that some of the players here have done the same and can give me some advice!
If you have a good advice , i’m very glad to hear it.

If not... good Luck at tables and please don’t do my mistake!

With all my respect... Adrian

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the greatest thing poker teaches you for life, given you are willing to listen, is that it makes you realize how fragile and (in OP’s words) stupid your mind is.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
A few days ago I made a $ 20 deposit to 888 poker. All right ... I started playing cash. I doubled my money after 2 hours of play. I lost everything in about 10 minutes. How? The bad part that I deconcentrated after I lost an all in for about $ 10, I KK vs A3. From this moment everything has been ruined. My state of mind, focus have gone ..... my question always sounds in my mind ..... how can you play all in with A3 ???? At this point ... I have no more fun playing poker. How long ... I do not know .... I'm disappointed. Am I stupid or the worst player in the world ???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hello Friend ! You're not stupid, you're not the worst player in the world! You just got into a bad series! This thing can happen to everyone, another Bad Beat!It seems like you are entered into a full tilt ! You must take immediate measures to prevent catastrophic consequences! Success !

mitchy boi

mitchy boi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All these responses and I'm the first person to talk about bankroll management?

The Mean Answer: You played too high.

The Nice Answer: I'm sure they were such bad beats keep your chin up

The Accurate Answer: Exercise proper bankroll management there is a great thread on CC about it.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think having a good run then losing it put you on Entitlement tilt.
Have a read of Jerrard Tendler book of google it. Very helpful book.

Sent from my SM-G935F using CardsChat mobile app

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The mean answer: That's what happens when you don't follow proper bankroll managment. What did you expect when playing half your bankroll in a pot really? Or you believe you would never lose a shove with kings?

The nice answer: If we exclude bankroll managment, you definately are not stupid shoving with pocket kings. The worst player on the world is probably the one who called a shove with Ace rag. Wtf really.. Even at play money they don't do that stuff!

The accurate answer: Someone donking on your kings with ace rag may be hard to swallow, but not a good reason to lose your last 20$. You should control tilt. One way to prevent tilt is exercising proper bankroll managment. Let's say you stopped at 40$ and played maybe 10$ dollars, the bad beat pot would be 5$ dollars. Not enough to tilt you into "I just lost a 2 hours profit and I'm back to zero, I want to quit poker forever, I don't care, I'm shoving bottom pair". You would still have money to play comfortably and not emotionally. And in all probability, you would make even more money, since finding an opponent willing to call a shove with Ace rag, means +ev in the long run.

Last edited:
David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is called tilt, it happens unfortunately and usually the opponent is also tilted and that's why he goes all In with crap. When your head goes you must stop playing until it's clear again. Meditation helps but tilt can last for days.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry about what happened to you, but it will happen from time to time.There are days when the game is against you and do not let the thoughts think that you are the worst player...Good luck, keep your hands up...

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to me all the time, I think the culprit of this is the attention and greed, the inability to stop in time and slow down!
I think when these things happen it is good bc of the pain u r able to put limits. Sadly some, get rewarded and their pleasure is so great that eventually when they lose, the lesson isn't learnt.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No mate you are human it is not the end of the world.