Am i stupid or the worst player in the world?

R

renandm14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No man. Its wonderfull. U dont give up to luck

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The instinct after losing with kings in a cash game is to fix the unjust result right away. Win it back. Now.

The hard choice is taking a break. Getting your head straight.

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worst poker player in the world? I don't think so. Stupid? Don't think that is it either, first thing I thought was how/why did you lose a $10 all in with a ~40 bank roll. I think it was poor bankroll management and the variance of poker got you. Been guilty of that myself; time to take a break, clear your head, and focus on the positive.

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mean answer: That's what happens when you don't follow proper bankroll managment. What did you expect when playing half your bankroll in a pot really? Or you believe you would never lose a shove with kings?

The nice answer: If we exclude bankroll managment, you definately are not stupid shoving with pocket kings. The worst player on the world is probably the one who called a shove with Ace rag. Wtf really.. Even at play money they don't do that stuff!

The accurate answer: Someone donking on your kings with ace rag may be hard to swallow, but not a good reason to lose your last 20$. You should control tilt. One way to prevent tilt is exercising proper bankroll managment. Let's say you stopped at 40$ and played maybe 10$ dollars, the bad beat pot would be 5$ dollars. Not enough to tilt you into "I just lost a 2 hours profit and I'm back to zero, I want to quit poker forever, I don't care, I'm shoving bottom pair". You would still have money to play comfortably and not emotionally. And in all probability, you would make even more money, since finding an opponent willing to call a shove with Ace rag, means +ev in the long run.

I really agree here with you, the first thing that came to mind was, what about bankroll management? I like to play poker a lot, but I am definitely not a good poker player myself. Still I did not make any losses, but even a small profit playing poker over the last six months. Bankroll management is the key I would say, although it is really hard to resist playing poker with higher stakes.

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Thank you all for your advice ... i start google it for bankroll management to read something about it!!

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is no absolute.

Poker is not absolute. Anything can happen in a card game. In saying that, some players go nuts when they get an Ace in their hand;no matter the size of the kicker. Many times player will lose with high poker pairs after being called by some one with rags.

In saying that, this player may have won that pot. But, in the long run, playing like that will result in losses over the long run.

Good luck, don't get discouraged. It happens to all poker players.

mange1234

Mootizit

Mootizit

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably it only had to do with sample size and brm.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
heyyyyy, that's my title! There are days that I am the most stupid player on the planet

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In principle, you are right, it is very difficult to lose such cards. And the fact that people go to an all in with A 3, that is their business. There are many online poker) Maybe they were drunk, smoke-filled can, I have no idea)

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
heyyyyy, that's my title! There are days that I am the most stupid player on the planet

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I'm sorry .... but we have to share this title! For now...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mentally step back and realize that this is not indicative of you as a player or how smart you are. Let go of this session, in your mind, or it will weigh you down. If you do that you will have better success in the future. Good Luck!!

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday, on my pokerstar account, I had $ 100, which I was collecting from scratch with hard work, and finally I lost it for one hour once again, I went to the tilt and asked the same questions

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fully agree: top prio is to enjoy!
From what you describe, please have a look at BRM Bank Roll Management. If done well, you cannot go broke.
I'm probably worse than you as player, but didn't go broke (yet).
Good Luck (it also help, apart from BRM, study and good cards)

I agree. Bank Roll Management is probably the most important as well as the biggest subject poker players face. We all get bad beats every once and awhile, and on a few of these sites, bad beats are 9x the normal live game ratio, but with the most solid bank Roll Management you will sustain an up trending bankroll with consistency. If you ever had a bad beat that was so sick (which most of them are) that you decide to risk more of a percentage of your bankroll in your next session? That's what bad beats do to most poker players. The human condition is always the dilemma when it comes to long-term survival in the poker world.

M

MrSamsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As good as you may or may not be, will never be better than math. If it was suited your opponent had 30% equity. Yeah you are a huge favorite; but you are still EXPECTED TO LOOSE A THIRD OF THE TIME.

You are printing money long run but that doesn't mean you can't loose, in fact your situation is kind of a bland everyday cooler its your own fault for not practicing BRM.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
adigeamanu. I figured I would post this so you know you have company. This just happened. I had KK on the button. Utg raised to .30. I 3bet to .85. BB 4 bets to 1.45. Utg calls. I 5bet all in for 5.95. They both call. Utg has A6 and BB has AQoff. Ace on the flop and AQ scoops 17 dollar pot. Similar hands have happened way too often this week. sigh

R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry to hear this, but my I'll awnser in 2 ways:

1) Having the best hands pre-flop (ore even just befor the river) doesn't mean you'll win if the opponent has any chance left (even a 1% or less) there "must" be times that they will win!! (Just rules of statistics (a bit of Murphy's law), and when you're the one that has go get the blow it sucks)

2) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,,, learn to handle youre bankroll with "BANKROLLMANAGEMENT"; if you've got $20 in youre bankroll you should play $2 games!!!!!!!! (if you lose that $2 and therefore left with $18 you should play $1.5 games,...) This way you can play longer with youre monney and avoid the losses of some bad-playing-lucky-guys(/girls). And the only way to improve youre skills is to play (a lot).

To close this post, look on the other side, lets pretend you're on the downside (ex. you AK opponent AA) and still win, this gives you a rush. If you want to beleve in balance of the universe winning here and losing there is all part of life (sertenly in poker).

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Everything has changed after i read something about Bankroll. I dont know if is very helpful but i must share:

Attachments

• Bankroll.jpg
    Bankroll.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 81
Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, for me you're not the worst player, maybe it s me :sheep:
But the player who is all in with Ace-3 is even worse than us.
About bankroll, remember that the other players know that too, so boundaries and some use and abuse it against you.:hmmmm2:

Last edited:
A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games on888 are rigged to induce betting for their extremely high rake. I see so many aa vs kk where the aa loses, ot 3 in the same where 88 hits. That's poker and on 888 you need to be very disciplined with the all ins.

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, my guess is you didnt enforce proper bankroll management..

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A few days ago I made a $ 20 deposit to 888 poker. All right ... I started playing cash. I doubled my money after 2 hours of play. I lost everything in about 10 minutes. How? The bad part that I deconcentrated after I lost an all in for about $ 10, I KK vs A3. From this moment everything has been ruined. My state of mind, focus have gone ..... my question always sounds in my mind ..... how can you play all in with A3 ???? At this point ... I have no more fun playing poker. How long ... I do not know .... I'm disappointed. Am I stupid or the worst player in the world ???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Play in freerolls untill you are comfortable in the way you play. Then deposit money or mabye
you can make a bank roll by playing freerolls.
You never know.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you read well, my bankroll was $ 40 !!! I call all in with KK in my hand. He had A 3 ... total pot was 21 $. What did you do? Folded?

You need to work on tilt control, first and foremost. This is Poker, and esssss happens. You got it in good, and he had just three outs and got there.

Happened last night: opened with pocket jacks (my fourth favorite hand, BTW) and Fish #1 calls behind. He has ~1/2 stack left. Fish #2 comes over the top for 4X. I'm pretty sure I'm good here, so I stuff it in to iso, and both call. Pocket jacks are good, and these fish have each other blocked. One has ( Ac,Tc ) (so his call wasn't as horrible as usual) and the other has ( A,8-o ) Two outs: that's pretty much all they had except for very rare flopped straights and flushes. That $#&@! ace rolls off on the flop. Nothing you can do about that other than hope these two yutzes never run out of money.

GII good, and you've done your job. They want to make -EV calls, well, bully for them when they hit their miracle card. They'll give everything they won off you back with interest. ESSSSSS like this is what keeps 'em coming back and back to lose a whole lot more over the next days and weeks. If the fish didn't win some, they wouldn't play.

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well ill tell you that i would consider playing A3 if im the caller to the all in and only one opponent will challenge me and i can cover the all in and still have 20 big blinds left if i lose and after all that it still would depend on who was going all in. But u should consider going all in or not depending on your opponent. KK although being a very strong pre flop hand a pair of aces still beats you so. All in is really for the best hand and skillfully using to win hands you would lose if you didnt bet big. But any two hole cards can be beat after the cards are dealt. Maybe dont push all in on every monster. And to answer your question you are not stupid cause in poker you can do everything right and still lose. I tend to live by the motto play the competition not the cards

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad play

I literally wish I could knock myself out after making a stupid play. I know that bad plays for me is all just a lack of concentration on my part. What's crazy is I can tell when I'm going to make a bad play cause it's usually when I can't seem to get decent hole cards for a while or I make a good play but get beat even though odds were in my favor. Even though I can feel a bad play coming I never can stop it LOL

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not stupid, you just didn't use Bankroll Management. $20 isn't enough to withstand the variance swings in this game. Best of luck.

R