Am i stupid or the worst player in the world?

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few days ago I made a $ 20 deposit to 888 poker. All right ... I started playing cash. I doubled my money after 2 hours of play. I lost everything in about 10 minutes. How? The bad part that I deconcentrated after I lost an all in for about $ 10, I KK vs A3. From this moment everything has been ruined. My state of mind, focus have gone ..... my question always sounds in my mind ..... how can you play all in with A3 ???? At this point ... I have no more fun playing poker. How long ... I do not know .... I'm disappointed. Am I stupid or the worst player in the world ???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

This made me laugh more than it should have lol. It's like I wrote this myself. I feel the same way sometimes and even if I didn't do anything wrong, I can't get it out of my mind how lucky others can be while going A 3 all in for 10$ preflop. I can understand it in a tournament depending the situation, but in a cash game??? It's not easy to recover from situations like this as you keep thinking wtf. But hey man, that sums up life in general lol

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few days ago I made a $ 20 deposit to 888 poker. All right ... I started playing cash. I doubled my money after 2 hours of play. I lost everything in about 10 minutes. How? The bad part that I deconcentrated after I lost an all in for about $ 10, I KK vs A3. From this moment everything has been ruined. My state of mind, focus have gone ..... my question always sounds in my mind ..... how can you play all in with A3 ???? At this point ... I have no more fun playing poker. How long ... I do not know .... I'm disappointed. Am I stupid or the worst player in the world ???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Don't be so hard on yourself, you are just inexperienced) Believe me, every player in the world has experienced such feelings at some point in time and more than once). I can advise you to work on the game and what is very important in your case is to pay attention to bankroll management.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deconcentration is a trait that is human. I also suffer from it. The only way to avoid this is to not play for too long, especially if you are inexperienced. Too bad this costs you money.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For a start I can see your biggest mistake was registering into a cash game where the possibility of losing your first entire deposit was very high. Lets be honest, a $10 bet to you was half your bankroll, whereas a $10 bet to the player who was all-in with A/3 could be a mere fraction of his bankroll, if he was sitting with a couple of thousand dollars in it.
Bankroll Management might sound boring and uninteresting to someone starting to play on-line, but it is one of the most important considerations starting off, You should NEVER! buy-in for more than 1% of your Bankroll, so depositing $20 give you a buy-in range of 2 Cents?
Not a lot, I know but that is the simple truth, you tried to run before you could walk.
I have never deposited a single penny on line, I have concentrated on free-rolls and then Micro stake SnGs. It took me years to build up a small Bankroll on several sites, pokerstars being my biggest, of close to $400. But even now I mostly play $1 buy-in games, 9 player K.O. being my favorite, but I can afford the odd $3 game and sometimes when in the mood I will play bigger fields like the 45 player games, but I will never go over the $3 maximum buy-in.
It is never about the money, It is always down to playing a game I love without breaking my Bankroll, Sure I could buy into bigger games like $11 super Sunday games or a $55 Bounty Hunter, but how long would it take me to lose $400? I could lose the lot in one night. No Thanks. Know your limits and stick to them.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Spielkind

Spielkind

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, follow your limits and play till you win your limit. find friends to talk, or forums like here and learn--its a long way with ups and downs....

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You just need to find help and study a lot. Don't be rude to yourself, you can do it. Believe in yourself, is the first step! Work hard, work until it works.

meagain00

R

Rodriguesxr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 20 USD is not a bankroll for play cash game. But you're not stupid! Why not play SNG?

S

sestonsento

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't beat your self up for sure. you have to understand this in poker or forget bout it imho. I once came back from a late mid tournament with under 100 chips I believe the blinds were like 600 got QQ went all in got a bunch of callers Q came out I made a bit more next time someone shoved on me for stealing the blinds but I had AK and won a bigger pot I came back to win 1st place. Other times it feel like you just can't win . side note: I see a ton of people that cant let go of KK when that A flops. Moral of the story you van win with any two cards just be smart where and when. enough of my chatter good luck don't beat yourself up to much and study . all the best.

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this forum is for learning and not for criticizing !!! if I needed to be criticized I was going to “my wife “!!I[emoji23]
I have told the story, hoping that some of the players here have done the same and can give me some advice!
If you have a good advice , i’m very glad to hear it.

If not... good Luck at tables and please don’t do my mistake!

With all my respect... Adrian

Of course i would although go all in preflop with KK, but if i would have 40$ in total in my bankroll i would not play with all of this on one table, i think with 40$ BR you should go to NL2 Tabels there this could not happen.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

all in was preflop?? (KK A3)

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps you simply did not find the type of tournament suitable for your game, or it was not luck that you can face for a long period of time. My advice to you to try and experiment, only through experience and time you will understand it yourself !!

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are not stupid or the worst player in the world, but you need work and study, the game is not easy and it needs practice and patience

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its tough losing like that, but it does happen. so forget it and go on with your life

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You are not stupid or the worst player in the world, you are a poker player. These happen, poker is a sequence, has ups and downs. Keep the positive part, you doubled your money! You can do it again but more carefull. Protect your accomplishments, don't expose them!:joyman:

W

wonima

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you're not the worst player. He's writing this at the moment.

K

Kbecar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take it easy

Its just time. You will learn how to play with a lot of practice

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quite old post.

I do not think so, anyone should play CG with 20$, as it is not a bankroll for micro tourneys.

I burnt a significant part of my winning by playing CG, so if you are not profitable, do not play that, in my opinion. Even if it is hard to stand.

By the way, I think it was on 0.05/0.10$ limit, so micro, where is plenty fun players, and you did not even mentioned, it was preflop allin or went allin somewhere else. So relatively, you have high chance to face with A3 preflop allin, they still get 30+% for win against any pair except AA.
An other thing, also just my experience, if the 'runs, bad beats' whatever else start against you, it can go unbelievable long online. In the same limit, I had -120or 30$ minus within half hour and I got the 'good' preflop hands, flops where ever we went allin the chances were 70-80% at least for me. Of course, I never will get it back, does not matter how much, how long I play, as I never even start to play with out of range cards in a hole session, days or weeks, a run like this never happens, meantime against me it happens again and again. And this is a fact, so better avoid CG. Playing tourneys last long, the reg cost is relatively small, and the FT, top 3 pays relatively high. For me that is suitable.

The CG anyway is an annoying thing, as I know decade long winning players, and there is no significant differences how we play. They play better the bluffs only, that should not result I am in same minus, how profitable they are.

The other 'nice' thing the PLO CG, for fun it is one of the best, but playing it for money, one of the worst, most annoying thing. One day, I think that was the worst CG day ever for me, I just started to calculate, how big is the chance, that backdoor, river 1-2 cards runs go on so long, unbelievable like that, it will repeat itself again and I tried to undercount that, as I was not sure about everything, but it gave me 1: 20 million.... and I had 2 similar within 2 months, but never to my direction...

Avoid CG!