Are you studying poker?

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Study

Recently acquired Preflop poker math workbook by j.Sweeney. Completed most of it in the last few months. Recommend

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always study poker at night for about 2 hours, always reviewing my hands and watching poker articles, also watching videos of the great players, also of people who are dedicated to poker.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. But very bad at execution.

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't study it but I hope one day to be able to do it, although I already know the positions, the hands, the opponent's weaknesses and other things that are learned through experience playing every day against opponents who play better poker than one.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've heard of on-the-job training; well, I go with on the game losing. It's a great way to improve your game.

M

Minakshi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't study just wing it ,poker is my leisure activity

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have studied and read and watched. I take those lessons and apply them to my game. I make all efforts to learn from my mistakes which often is something I did against what I studied. After so many hours of study and play over the past 11 years, it kind of burns into your brain.

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Presently trying toget better at live reads

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course yes, if I want to improve in poker I have to study and play many hands

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have studied yes, not as I wanted to due to time, but I'm working hard.

H

Hedz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am studying it went I can, if anyone has any tips of some material I can look at to help it would be appreciated

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Streams on Twitch and Live coverage of EPT, tons of info.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I really don't spend a lot of time studying, even though I should. The game has grown quite a bit, and you have to study to keep up. I watch some online streams and hand analysis videos. However, I should do more.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I study every time I play, I study the ways of betting of the opponents and such

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first I studied more and played less, nowadays it's the opposite, nowadays I study more when I have doubts about a hand I played or a hand I folded

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually learn poker by watching youtube picharapoker among others, but there is no doubt that poker is learned with practice, hand after hand, the more attention you pay to them, the more you realize that each one teaches you something

Ah, in order to learn from his videos i have to learn Spanish :D :):):)

Maybe this is why brazilians are always doing great? :D

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play for fun, and I think poker situations depend so much on the environment at the table at that specific moment that you can't study much. (Apart from the maths, which is always good to know)

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did anyone try Upswing poker or one of those highly expensive courses? One of my friends attended it and he got better for some time.

I mainly read from online sources. Also cardschat podcast is excellent.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where I learn from depends; books; assorted training sites; youtube videos and twitch streams; playing vs solvers. Historically mostly books; lately mostly training sites and youtube or streams.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do theory, I analyze my base of hands, and, of course, practice, the more you play the better

L

Laddys

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I studied poker for a long time (about 8 years ago), I was very passionate about this game, and now I can devote a maximum of 2 hours a week to poker, since I started devoting time to my business .... poker now is more like to unload the brain ...

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always. Little less than some years ago.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I studied poker for a long time (about 8 years ago), I was very passionate about this game, and now I can devote a maximum of 2 hours a week to poker, since I started devoting time to my business .... poker now is more like to unload the brain ...
But probably you still profit from all those years of learning, right?

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not in the habit of reviewing hands or watching videos, where I learn the most is here with our conversations