I recommend the book - Gelvin Bay Cash Games

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to learn poker you are at the right place at cardschat. There are many strategy articles here for you to read. Here is the link: https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php There you will first find which starting hands are playable and how you play post-flop when you raise, call or limp. Just reading articles is not enough to become a good poker player. You need experience and that is real money experience. If you play for play money, it has less to do with reality and you only learn bad habits.
if you ask yourself with some hands whether your move was the right one, you can also post the hand in the forum to find out.

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat, twitch tv, some youtube channels, books

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately not anymore. I used to have a larger student period, but since then I have only spent very little time on it. At the time, I studied mostly in written form.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Should always study more then you actually play. Depending on your level of play and where your dreams want to take you would often determine the methods and types of study you should pursue.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to learn about poker from books, or read articles on the Internet, I read only 4 books about poker, I do not think it is necessary to read them a lot, because there is the same thing, the main thing is to know poker mathematics and psychology.
Now I watch streams or recordings of tournament games of plus regulars, it is better to watch not one player but many.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A quality VOD will help you reach the top of the art of poker much faster and more efficiently than even the best poker book, and creating your own competent VOD can make your name famous all over the Internet and maybe beyond. But do not forget that, whatever one may say, the fundamental means of gaining experience is practice, that is, a real game of poker, only in this way you will become a real professional, and maybe even a world star. It's up to you to decide.

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to learn about poker from books, or read articles on the Internet, I read only 4 books about poker, I do not think it is necessary to read them a lot, because there is the same thing, the main thing is to know poker mathematics and psychology.
Now I watch streams or recordings of tournament games of plus regulars, it is better to watch not one player but many.
I also agree I think that in time there comes a time when you do
n't evolve any more

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that where i learn most is playing and observing the repeated movements in a given situation and position.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My son in law is giving me hints when I play. I don't know if it's considered studying or not.

F

Felipebarao

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have much team but I learned a lot on this forum and from watching pros play online on youtube
This helps more also hinders watch videos and do not like reading books do not confuse

My son in law is giving me hints when I play. I don't know if it's considered studying or not.

Study and see things your brother-in-law doesn't teach you

I recommend the book - Gelvin Bay Cash Games
I don't like the idea of ​​cash because I am focused on mtt ... more I will pay attention to this book ... thanks for your comment

I'm too old for that
Better
late than never !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my laziness was not so strong, I would study poker a lot more. There is a lot of information on YouTube for free, and even more in poker schools, but it's already paid)))

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theory+ work in solver on the game, gives a good sense

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I watch more educational videos, and poker pro, their game

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... the truth is, recently I hardly have much time available ... however every time I have an opportunity I try to read an educational article ... or watch a live stream of some pokerstar pro ... and get feedback and learn from the professionals ...!

B

blun777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm using the material from this platform and watching pros play on youtube and twitch

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even a recreational player can benefit from a little study. Cardschat has really good free resources to help your game and there are others available for the low cost of a Google search.

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are several sites with good poker schools and blogs including this one and I used a few.