hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I study and I use multiple different avenues, each one has its own way of saying the same thing. Getting information from a competent person ( via any means) speeds up the learning process and increases your foundation of knowledge which gives you the ability to more accurately analyze and eliminate your faults. Continuing to make the same mistakes only keeps you in a losing rut that bleeds money, a larger amount of basic knowledge allows you to identify more accurately your mistakes. As my DI said in basic training, practice DOES NOT make perfect, PERFECT PRACTICE makes perfect.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

Of course, in some online schools, lessons are offered at several levels, and they give a prize for every level I passed after my exam. This is the motivation that distinguished some poker sites from others. Indeed, those lessons were very important to me at the beginning of my playing of poker.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far I've learned poker in such a way that I make different decisions depending on my gut feeling and spot, it depends on the spot. But poker is just a game of chance and in the end luck decides because you can have the best starting hand you want, man can lose. No matter what the pre flop says:)

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it's definitely worth reading Harrington's books on tournament poker. Nelson's book "Kill Everyone". Moshman's books on playing SnGs and SnGs HU. And Sklansky's book "The Theory of Poker" to learn how to act not according to a template, but thinking about each specific situation.

And then watch the VODs from advanced MTTs players.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont really study the game, i do pick up on little things and incorporate them into my game. For me, poker is just fun!

bilva1984

bilva1984

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

I am watching videos and trying to learn from there.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I bought a book Poker for Dummies over 10 yrs ago, and studied the hell out of it in the beginning! But then mostly lots of practice over the years helped me grasp everything that was taught in the book. I'm still learning ;)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like some of the video classes on bbzpoker.com. You can buy individual videos and bundles. I got the Lex bundle and I think it's really helpful.

gigantbil

gigantbil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not at all)) sometimes I watch streamers and take experience from them

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I want to but can't read a book about poker - I'm hoarse

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that player is lucky who, without any help, can independently improve in poker. But in my opinion, this is only up to a certain level, after which help is needed, because it is very difficult to collect, process and analyze a large amount of information. It is very difficult to compete in this matter with funds that provide a bankroll to players and train them. I bought individual workouts, and got information from public training videos, but it's in Russian.

L

Lemerg2288

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Help

Please help with poker literature. all that is on the internet is a repetition of the same thing in every book

P

Putohaze

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning community, I'm taking poker at 50% theoretical and 50% in practice and writing down my mistakes. GL!

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thinks its also possible to study poker just by doing mistakes and learning from them. As i remember Mustapha Kanit did same way.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
Yes I am, I am studying poker. But I am always looking for free content like the 30 days course here on CC.
I think a winning player should be always trying to improve his game.
Gl at the tables

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Where do you learn more about poker?

At the moment I'm not very focused on poker studies, but I'm always reading poker articles, watching video lessons and watching free lessons that poker pros do on YouTube and twitch

"No one is always a winner, and anyone who says they are is either a liar or has never played poker" - Amarillo Slim

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is a simple game. To study the game of poker, you do not need to enroll in a special educational institution with annual semesters and exams. And that's fine. However, the simplicity of the rules gives you unlimited opportunities to use various tactics and strategies. I believe that the most important quality for playing poker is patience, perseverance and a creative approach to solving constantly incoming new tasks with the next distribution of cards. Mostly I study by myself, but I also take note of interesting decisions of opponents.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on your goal, you may want to try and study the game in detal. As I'm playing out of hobby, there's no reason for me to invest too much time.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Now I don't have much time, I spend a lot of time studying at the university. But I try to watch training videos whenever possible, analyze my game.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think a lot of this will depend on your current experience level and your game will change over time.Of course,you need to be good at things like preflop hand selection. Poker is wide,a few minutes to learn,then a lifetime to master.You will discover where you are weak and where you are strong.Then use and learn accordingly.

Q

Qqcuellar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually learn poker by watching youtube picharapoker among others, but there is no doubt that poker is learned with practice, hand after hand, the more attention you pay to them, the more you realize that each one teaches you something

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play everyday, but I always set aside time to think back, watch or read at least something about poker. Whether it be something that happened to me or someone else.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am trying to become a professional poker player so i need to study. I see a lot of videos, spent my time here on CC, read books and use softwares to improve my game. I may prefer one to another but there's a lot of ways to improve your game the most important thing is to spend time doing that. Forgot to mention about twitch, you can see a lot of good players and tournaments there !!

Last edited:
mircea_0

mircea_0

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Poker is a simple game. To study the game of poker, you do not need to enroll in a special educational institution with annual semesters and exams. And that's fine. However, the simplicity of the rules gives you unlimited opportunities to use various tactics and strategies. I believe that the most important quality for playing poker is patience, perseverance and a creative approach to solving constantly incoming new tasks with the next distribution of cards. Mostly I study by myself, but I also take note of interesting decisions of opponents.

You are right! You don't need college to play quality poker!

Self-discipline, self-criticism, patience, are the basic elements in the game of poker! I can also consider the emotional state!
The rest is up to the experience, which is gained over time!

I consider myself an acceptable player without having studied in detail