Are you studying poker?

L

Laddys

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
But probably you still profit from all those years of learning, right?
Yes, the most important lesson I learned for myself is to value my time. Invest time in what really benefits me and income (stable). Poker is like mathematics....and I applied this knowledge in a slightly different way: I calculated how much time I spent on poker and calculated my profit for this period of time. I realized that I value my time (which you can’t get back) very cheaply. Therefore, I first blocked my access to poker for 1 year (I needed this to overcome the addiction to the game acquired over time) and started doing completely different things. Now everything is fine, I still sometimes play, but there is no dependence on the game anymore and it’s more like for leisure, because sometimes you also need to rest .... That's when I rest, then I can afford to play ... not often .. ..Everything that I once learned about poker - of course I remember it all ... but if I used to consider myself a strong player (I achieved some success, studied at a paid poker school, and I had some success in the game) , now I'm most likely a "fish" .... just because I don't take it seriously anymore ... I go to poker to relax, not to strain, and when I play enough, I start to become a "fish", this is about an hour later - an hour and a half of non-stop playing in tournaments...

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the most important lesson I learned for myself is to value my time. Invest time in what really benefits me and income (stable). Poker is like mathematics....and I applied this knowledge in a slightly different way: I calculated how much time I spent on poker and calculated my profit for this period of time. I realized that I value my time (which you can’t get back) very cheaply. Therefore, I first blocked my access to poker for 1 year (I needed this to overcome the addiction to the game acquired over time) and started doing completely different things. Now everything is fine, I still sometimes play, but there is no dependence on the game anymore and it’s more like for leisure, because sometimes you also need to rest .... That's when I rest, then I can afford to play ... not often .. ..Everything that I once learned about poker - of course I remember it all ... but if I used to consider myself a strong player (I achieved some success, studied at a paid poker school, and I had some success in the game) , now I'm most likely a "fish" .... just because I don't take it seriously anymore ... I go to poker to relax, not to strain, and when I play enough, I start to become a "fish", this is about an hour later - an hour and a half of non-stop playing in tournaments...

I like your words, but somewhat contradictory, poker is a mental game, mathematical, and if you are not good, for that it is better that you retire, and not be ruined.

L

Laddys

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like your words, but somewhat contradictory, poker is a mental game, mathematical, and if you are not good, for that it is better that you retire, and not be ruined.
I can (I just don't want to). I don't see it as a source of income. It's not serious (no one canceled the downstreak after all)...even the top regs don't have stability here... If I set myself the goal of winning some tournament, I'll probably be able to do it (at least I feel that way). But, to sit 6-15 hours in tournaments, and be exhausted because of it for the money that I can easily earn for 2-3 hours of work....does it make any sense?....Probably not. ..And yes, I use the "responsible gambling" feature and have a deposit limit of $30 per month. So it doesn't hurt me at all.)

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can (I just don't want to). I don't see it as a source of income. It's not serious (after all, nobody canceled the losing streak)... even the best regs have no stability here... If I set myself the goal of winning some tournament, I can probably do it (at least I feel that way). But sitting for 6-15 hours in tournaments and being exhausted by the money that I can easily earn for 2-3 hours of work... does it make any sense?... Probably not. ..And yes, I use the "responsible gaming" feature and I have a deposit limit of $30 per month. So it doesn't hurt at all.)

it all depends if you are a money player or a tournament player, remember that you should always play with your bankroll, you should not exceed the limits of your bankroll, you should always play with conscience, at pokerstars, I think there is no monthly deposit limit , I consider myself a tournament player, and that's where the money is.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I study and/or learn about 2 hours a day. This includes webinars, quizzes, you tube videos, etc. Not all everyday but usually multiple sources.

Jim

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
if I study through explanatory videos, I am also trying to join a team in which they require you to study a lot what is strategy- for example- there is one called bluff cacher among other strategies.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First time I learn poker is from pokerstars school, I like to watch the video... Its easy to understand...

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Used to watch videos mainly not anymore just play lately

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very little atually, but so many lives on twitch help me to solve any questions.. :) [espessote _ superpoker]

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
studied when i first started , also cardschat have some course wich is very helpful

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to see hand reviews and read some books and articles at the CC too.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alwaaaaaaysss!
What I've been studying lately is
:
1. GTO solutions for 432ss/AK7ddd BUxBB 30bbs/20bbs spots
2. ICMizer Spots Hypers
3. Preflop 20bbs, specifically reactions facing 2bet UTG

Y

Yezkidder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Still looking how to play with those hands, about position, 3 bet, small and big blinds etc

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing tournaments and debating & analyzing them around here, I don't usually read books or watch videos.