Depend on position i am but if 2 players go all in its a call for sure

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the end I would have won the hand. The winner hole card's kings. A pair of Queens on the flop. That was all needed to win the hand. Made it to the second day. Used the last of my chips on a K, Q of clubs. Three hearts on the flop and then two diamonds. Could not even get another black card. In the end we had fun.

Did this tilt you?

How did you deal with the information that you folded a monster hand that would have tripled up?

Nobody would even believe you at the table if you told them.

J

jppetey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a lot more likely to do this on a freeroll, in late position with a large pair.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against two opponents with either hand, the odds of winning are more than 73%. If you narrow their ranges to JJ+ chances are 61%. So it's easy call

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$250.00 buy-in. Texas Holdem tournament
You plan your weekend to play in a fund raiser tournament. The tournament was located approximately 2 hour away from home.
Played over two days. The first hand you are dealt is a pair of A's. Two people go all-in. Would you go all-in or fold?
I folded. I did not want to be knocked out first hand of the tournament. I feel like I am about 50/50 when I am dealt a pair of A's and go all-in.

This circumstances are unimportant or they should be! It sounds a little bit like excuses.

I would never fold AA. Which hands they could have? KK? QQ? KQs? JTs? Smaller pairs? In a three way pot your winning rate is always higher then 60%. No chance to fold this hand for me personally. It doesn't matter, that it is possible to lose. Would you fold AA, when it would be the hundredth hand? I supose not! So you should not fold it even in the first hand.

For me it would be the perfect spot to triple up in the first hand. Best start in a tournament with a triple stack i could imagine.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
having two aces on hand, of course allin, I think there are few who can throw, although practice shows that they often move them :)

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course this is AA and KK and only freeroll or spin n gos.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shoving Eliminates Position

What does position have to do with it?

Absolutely nothing.

Shoving eliminates position because there is no more action.

That is why I am so aggressive if I will play my hand OOP preflop.

Good luck !

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$250.00 buy-in. Texas Holdem tournament
You plan your weekend to play in a fund raiser tournament. The tournament was located approximately 2 hour away from home. Played over two days. The first hand you are dealt is a pair of A's. Two people go all-in. Would you go all-in or fold?
I folded. I did not want to be knocked out first hand of the tournament. I feel like I am about 50/50 when I am dealt a pair of A's and go all-in.

Bad friend kkkkkkkkk, deaculpe amigo an opinion that pass you and believe the most important and that vove stay calm.
Then everything is resolved, I really hope, friend, that you will be well and get out of Tilt. I really love you.
We are Friends CardChats.:icon_thum:drunken_s

Respect me.
I respect you S2.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone has the power to show me for fasvoor that day our community reaches the number 300,000.00 thousand.
Lucky us all here | CardsChat.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love everyone and that everyone is lucky for me in my female friends

someone has the power to show me for fasvoor that day our community reaches the number 300,000.00 thousand.
Lucky us all here | CardsChat.
:icon_sant

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket aces at the start of the tournament is a gift from God.
There is certainly a risk, but you certainly have a better chance of winning both of them.
Admittedly a safer option would be against only one player, but I would recall my friend's favorite phrase "more cows, more milk" ...

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yeah, lets call for sure with pocket aces against 2 opps, math is on our side.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the others that have said similar, we have the absolute best starting hand in poker and need to go with it.

There’s always an obvious worst case in tournament poker—that we bust. But too often we fail to think about the tremendous upside that oftentimes occurs when we decide to make big profitable calls—tripling up in this case and becoming chip leader on the first hand! :)

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Me, I would Never fold the rockets, and I would be grateful that there are the 2 or 3 kindhearted players who are (hopefully) going to give me their chips. And why has my computer started typing in Italics?? Everything is going crazy this morning!!!!

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes in freerolls with A high or pocket pair. Usually get at least 1 caller with rags that doesn't want to play so they just donate their stack. If I paid a buy in to play, I am more selective with my shoving hands.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definite call for me. Too strong a hand to fold and best preflop hand you can have. Obviously I would prefer being in a hand where I have the nuts,but often in those situations you cannot get all the chips in without people folding. Bad boards to come, but at this point your hand is ahead.

While yes it is a possibility you may get knocked out I have also been in tournaments when I have had absolute rubbish hands for over an hour and that's so much worse than taking a chance with a premium hand. Either you have to chance and bluff sub standard hands or lose a significant amount of your stack waiting.

E

EBRJ16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As they said before, depending on what position you are in so you can go all in, maybe you pay with AA in any position worth the redundancy if someone bet everything :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often go allin on the first hand of bounty SNGs.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is it a face in your game or are you doing it with other hands too?

It depends on my position and the specific format of the KO. I've found that players will call surprisingly light on the first hand, so I'm usually open jamming A9+, K10+, 88+, maybe some other hands mixed in. I've been called by some crazy hands (just today my 1010 was called by 74os!) :D

But on BetOnline, the PKO SNGs award so much to the bounties that I (almost) completely ignore "cashing" and simply go for bounties. The irony is that I cash a lot more when I don't care about cashing.

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the answer is in, I'd say 90% or more of people here would have played that AA, as would I.
If i s ee that most of table are popping the coins in I d jump on it also but then I have pushed just cause

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A long wait for a premium hand is fraught with consequences,ante and blinds will quickly eat up your stack, and you need to take risks when it's convenient-it's especially important to be in position.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the only time I wouldn't call it would be if it was just on the verge of payouts, and I knew the players were solid and not just B.S. by then.

Wait, I take it back, I would go in, all the more sure of it.

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands