Would you go All in first hand.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$250.00 buy-in. Texas Holdem tournament
You plan your weekend to play in a fund raiser tournament. The tournament was located approximately 2 hour away from home. Played over two days. The first hand you are dealt is a pair of A's. Two people go all-in. Would you go all-in or fold?
I folded. I did not want to be knocked out first hand of the tournament. I feel like I am about 50/50 when I am dealt a pair of A's and go all-in.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All-in or fold, AA first hand, a third path..

You have pocket AA but fear getting knocked out on the first hand. Its not a binary, 0(fold) or 1(all-in) decision. Could play it: 1 You could check the hand, let the other players give their input, proceed from there.
2. You could do min raise
3. do a mid sized raise.

Even with a rare, premium hand, it doesn't mean you have to go to extremes, don't automatically go outside of your normal range of plays.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go All-in
It is a pity to throw away pocket aces
Besides, we as players look forward to pocket aces all the time.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have thee easiest decision under the sun - go all in with AA. One exception when you can fold with AA is a bubble tournament in which all prizes are the same, e.g. 1-100 players got 1050 tickets and we have a medium or larger stack. We have a guaranteed win - just fold all the time.

yelmopoker01

yelmopoker01

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we know that we have a 2.1% percentage of having an AA in hand, we can not miss the opportunity based on the number of opponents we will face and also at the time of the tournament, as I do not know if I will have another chance to have another AA in front of me !!! Thus, it is All in always against one, against two, against a thousand !!!

yelmopoker01

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don’t go all in with AA then what’s the point of playing poker? Of course I’d risk it!

S

scissaro24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i can understand your dilemma of possible going out first hand with all in, but that is not your only option unless someone else has gone all in before you, why not put in a large raise suitable and play it from there, i myself would not throw them away under any circumstanses

Chechiing

Chechiing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even with you going All-IN against 2 other pockets, you still have 66% chance to get this. Don't hesitate. Poker is very tough, but the goal is to win as many chips as possible and when you have the advantage, take it!

If ever this situation truly happens, always plan other things to do in the area where you're going. Busted, you go enjoy the rest of your day. Life goes on.

Rule is to never play Poker with money you don't have, this way, busting doesn't become such a harsh situation.

Enjoy [emoji4]

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
With AA in my first hand and with 2 opponents all-in ... There is NO better scenario to multiply your chips ... Of course I would go all-in without thinking twice ... and if I lose I would lose with pleasure .... !

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA in the first hand go all-in for the gold, it s not good to fold aces why you play poker if you fold AA? GL.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're going to throw away AA, you're playing scared poker. These are the times you make decisions not based on the outcome, but based on who has the best hand...which is you.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned a word to that situations: 'You cant win a tournament at first hand but you can lose".
I think that against 2 players it's call, but if there are most players to call, maybe it's a good fold because that is your target tournament. If tournament are turbo I think that is a call but if are regular maybe you can fold.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You plan your weekend to play in a fund raiser tournament. The tournament was located approximately 2 hour away from home. Played over two days. The first hand you are dealt is a pair of A's. Two people go all-in. Would you go all-in or fold?
I folded. I did not want to be knocked out first hand of the tournament. I feel like I am about 50/50 when I am dealt a pair of A's and go all-in.

It doesnt matter if it the 1st hand.. You should call. None hand is risk free..

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, of course I´d go all in with pocket aces in the first hand..It´s the best opportunity to double up your chips.Maybe if I had pocket aces close to the bubble and almost sure ITM,I´d fold AA but in the first hand is ALL IN no matter if there is 1 or 2 players playing against.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When we know that we have a 2.1% percentage of having an AA in hand, we can not miss the opportunity based on the number of opponents we will face and also at the time of the tournament, as I do not know if I will have another chance to have another AA in front of me !!! Thus, it is All in always against one, against two, against a thousand !!!

yelmopoker01
In the theoretical 'against 1000', all odds calculators will show you that AA has 0% chance to win.
against 1: call,
against 2: probably call,
against 3: probably not call,
against 4: fold
against 1000: fold

L

LameSANO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I have been waiting for the tournament for a long time, still at the fullts, as a result, the first hand is AA (mine) versus 22 (the opponent), he will charge the raise, I will call, he will eventually get thrips, this is the first and last hand of the long-awaited tournament :)

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guess you wanted more to play tournament then to be first. If you wanted to win it, I think you would pay/

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. It's illogical, you have the most chances to win and you decided to fold because of fear. Not judging, just saying. But anyways, you made a decision and i respect that.

C

Cavanaughking

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I say FOLD

I totally agree with you. I am of the notion that those pocket AA's and the probability that someone else will beat me add up to too much of a chance to go all that way to play in a tourny to get bumped out. When there are plenty of other ways throughput the tournament to stack chips and gain momentum, the first hand often feels like the last place for this to happen. I would also encourage someone to read the room ie; if you think the other players would be pushing all in with mediocre hands like K 10 or heck even lucky enough A J then by all means go all in and feel confident knowing you have the best starting hand.

Thats my take I dont blame you one bit for folding :)

ACR SN: Hump2Daddy

:top: :puke:

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Curious to know how the hand played out.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With :as4: :ad4: I call for sure.The best hand I probably go all in .If I lose that was just bad luck.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no better way to start a tournament with AA. If you do not play, makes no sense. Many dream of linking good hands. I would go for everything and if you did not win, at the least will have a clear conscience.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You call. You play to win even if it means losing and you're putting yourself in great position there. No need to be superstitious. Sure you might get sucked out on, but it's worth it considering most of the time your hand is going to hold. And even if you get sucked out on, it's poker. You have to take the good with the bad. If you're too afraid to lose that you won't play with nothing but the nuts, then you're better off not playing at all honestly.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments are not won at an early stage! I think you did everything right.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands