Why all the All-Ins online & how to beat it?

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you see someone going all-in all the time, he's playing only counting with luck, that's no poker player. There's moments to push all-in, but not like that.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going all-in frequently doesn’t mean that they are bad players. It is unlikely that each time they enter with strong hands. It is also unlikely that each time they bluff with junk hands. In online tournaments sometimes it becomes very difficult to judge a player whether he is holding something strong or not.
Poker is a pressure game and all-in can create that pressure on you. It can threaten your survival in the tournament. It is up to you to decide how to release the pressure.
As in any tournament, staying in the tournament is important. Therefore, I suggest fold your hand against these players unless you have something stronger to compete with such aggression. In other words what I am saying is: be patient and play your normal game.
One more thing, don’t think of taking revenge on these all-in going players as negative thoughts might destroy your own game. As game progresses it is possible that someone else with strong hand might hunt them down.

T

timz10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
allin

it is a lot of fun when u finaly call and win all because u waited for the right hand the guy that opens every hand raise 5 times blind contines on flop u know doesnt allways have best hand fold more pick your hand takem down:eek::cool:

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it better to play hands when you can be the first person to raise. Often someone going all in has a better hand. Other times they think they're playing against someone who is going "by the book". Consider what you're table image is.

K

ksean

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with others, usually happens in freerolls and micro because they know if they don't get lucky, they can just play another one and keep trying.

O

Ocanadarebel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably, the best way to beat an all in is to sit in the weeds and wait for an AK or Queens or better paired up. The other thing to do is stay out of the way and wait until they lose and then no more problem

O

Ocanadarebel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it better to play hands when you can be the first person to raise. Often someone going all in has a better hand. Other times they think they're playing against someone who is going "by the book". Consider what you're table image is.

If you are second -4th on a big table when someone insta-bets allin, its not a good position for you to be in with many more behind you waiting to make their move.

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love allin-ers

I am new to online poker and get really frustrated with the constant All-in play. It seems like a lot of players go all-in when they get a good hand, I guess I should appreciate it, but don't understand it. Then there are some that just push all the time ? Is this the culture or just bad play ?

I remember back in the day when i was playing the Stars league freerolls, man... i couldn't get in the last 10% whatsoever because of the allins, and dumbass newbies who just kept on going allin no matter what, and of course i was dumber and i called. Until i got the hang of things, and started avoiding them early in the tournament. Those that go allin, all the time... don't survive long, and once their out, the game starts to fall on track. Like always, the goal in MTT's is to survive until "the fat lady sings". Don't call early in the tournament just because they frustrate you... let them do it, they will get called by a stronger hand eventually. Plus... you gotta love them, because once they start doing it, it becomes their style, and just like any other habit, it doesn't wear off easily, giving you the perfect chance to double up.

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's how it seems, but there are frequently players who fold but would have won. If you really think you are seeing something, keep a journal of both the times when you folded and would have won against the all in together with those times when you would have lost.

As for the post itself, the main goal of an MTT is survival (except bounty builders... but those too), so even with a decent hand it's good to think twice before calling an allin. Those that shove every hand will be out sooner than u think, and at that point, the game will start to fall on track.

...whereas for the quote, man i've been saying for a long time the game is rigged or juiced or whatever u wanna call it these days. Don't dwell over hands you folded and might have won. If your a good player, and your decision was made based on odds, position, stack and opponent gameplay, it was most likely a good one, and in the long run, it will pay off. As for studying that shyt, it often happens to me on PS that i am so card dead, that i actually cannot call any hand for an entire hour. 92 and 83 and J3 and always stuff like that, but if get to see the hands play out, i've seen as many as 8 consecutive wins for me, if would have called. Calling however doesn't insure u get to see the river, which is the card that is most likely to change everything in your favor. After seeing that, i thought... "i'm gonna call the next hand whatever happens", and i did, and the game got me chasing a flush, which crippled me so bad i was out in the next 20 mins. Folding a good/decent hand is not a bad decision if the situation demands it. Making a habit of calling everything just because you think your hand is good... is disastrous in the long run.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't call all in often. However I go all in with great hands when the blinds are big and im in position and playing at a table of good players.

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see many members are recommanding patience against that kind of aggro maniacs for me all I need is to wait just 3 4 hands just to identify what hands they are shoving then I can fold hands like 10-10 and lower but once I get some suited connectors let's say QJ or better I go for it waiting for monsters is not the best solution against them just fold some good hands and take your chance

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am new to online poker and get really frustrated with the constant All-in play. It seems like a lot of players go all-in when they get a good hand, I guess I should appreciate it, but don't understand it. Then there are some that just push all the time ? Is this the culture or just bad play ?

Same here I hate those instances where that happens because I lose out 100%.

I will say the right strategy is to be selective and patient. Its just from my experience I try to be patient yet not rewarded for good play instead bad beats over and over again.

But hey that poker.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here it is necessary to assess the situation. If you play tournament level which is small enough, you often will find yourself in a similar situation. The main thing in time to pull myself together and not repeat the same mistakes that make your opponents. Typically, for event 2 occurs waves at the beginning of the tournament, and immediately after the bubble. Try to just ride out the massive all-ins. But when the all-in players are 1-3, and you have on hand such as AA, you have an advantage preflop. Just evaluate the rest of the hand.

andy112211

andy112211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have Patience

When players shove all in in the beginning of a tournament have patience and wait your hand. Wait them out and when its your chance sock it to them. Good luck.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, it gets super annoying when people keep going all-in. What's more annoying is when you have a playable hand but somebody has you covered, you fold but see them go to the showdown with a complete bluff and drop out. My strategy for dealing with these people is to take their loose nature into account and change my gameplay - so I'll play much tighter if I'm in front of them.

Usually these players come in tournaments, though, where after 3-4 all-ins they lose and get kicked out and somebody a bit more pleasant comes to your table.

My suggestion if you're in a cash game and they keep doing it? Leave. I'd rather cut my losses at whatever I've lost until I realise what they're doing than keep having my blinds and bets stolen by them.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you will have to get used to this style in freerolls and micro stake tournaments.

Many beginners play a super aggressive style with decent hands because often the play is mathematically OK before the flop. This style keeps you out of situations in which you have to make really hard decisions post-flop.

If it annoys you so much you can check poker sites for games that are played with a limit, or a pot limit and not No Limit.

Stevendewitt7

Stevendewitt7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All In, all the time.

I play tournaments mostly and this is it. It is a shoving match. Even if you catch AK, it is not as rare as you think that someone has AA. Online is the wild west of poker. :cool:

D

Dogsoldier

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All in Strategy,

Some times The Big stack will do this to Frustrate the Table and make it Tilt, Or He Might be Targeting a Player.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My tactic is to just wait. If someone goes all in all the time, the player is generally bluffing. I would be patient.and wait it out. It's also different for all tables. Sometimes it's part of someone's gameplay.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love it if people over shove.
Sooner or later gonna get a good hand to call.

M

montlee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is free to play so they do not lose anything by going all-in. And if you are the lucky winner it give you a nice starting amount. It might be kids, with nothing to do, having fun.:mad:

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's normal in a tournament to jam all in with 10-15 big blinds. There can also be other reason like tilt etc.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
from my experience I can say that the more chips you have in online poker, the better the hands would the program give you ,knowing it's the many players going to allin trying to make stack the largest and if they are lucky and if they'll win several times, it's very likely they can win the tournament
Are u serious? This is nonsense..doesnt matter how many chips you have, is the same algorhythm for everyone. You wont get AA, AK just because u are the chip leader, everything is random as it should be.

On topic: patience is the key. Play only the premium hands in the beggining and dont go with the "wave" too much.

D

Dogsoldier

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ICMizer?

What kind of program is ICMizer and how do you get it?

At the beginning of a tournament when stacks are deep, if people are randomly going all in it's usually because it's a low stakes game where people don't care about the money and are just looking to gamble early and double up or bust. Coming up with a range to call, say a 100bb open shove, is a bit difficult and extremely player dependent at these stakes.

You won't see this much in higher stakes because it's a terrible play no matter what hand you have.

When stacks are much shorter, say less than 15bb, open shoving all in is part of a well rounded strategy. To counter all ins, you have to use all of your info to determine what % of hands they are shoving in certain positions on certain stack sizes. For example, a player is going to open shove a much wider range with 8bb on the button than they will with 15bb from UTG. Once you estimate a player's range, you can find the range of hands you can profitably call with. ICMizer is a good program to use to solve these spots.

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idc howmany BB i have if i see 4 people all in preflop im assuming they all have an ace and if theres 4 people all in and they do have an ace or whatever i am calling because if i am right then my rubbishy cards are going to donk them lolol.

algorythym smalgorythym i believethe winners are pre determined before the tournament and this is my reasoning. i was in a tourny last week and i was last out of 352 and the blinds were virually my entire small stack and i was left with no choice but to go all in and most ties i had the worsdt but it was ether that or the antis were going to beat me before the players were and what do ya know i won it lolol trust me i couldnt believe ether and then there were times i was chip leading the whole game and get the nicest premium hands any player would like to see especially when you are in that position only to get wasted and taken out of the tournies alltogether but hey thats just a theory and we all have them but now im choosing to stop overthinking things and just trying to enjoy the game no matter what happens.