Why all the All-Ins online & how to beat it?

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am amazed at the number of times players go all in participating in the freerolls. I will usually fold as I strongly believe not to put all your chips at stake. The only time I do I make sure I have premium face cards in pairs, AA, KK, QQ as my pocket cards. The reason I did not include JJ pair as the odds on those getting beat are just to high for me personally. Yes, I am an conservative player but when I do play it is usually aggressive as I do make sure I have premium face cards as my pocket cards.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is a Super turbo game then All in is worth to go but for regular games it is a foolish move.

MaxMarauder

MaxMarauder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've watched this stupidity for as long as I've played online. Do not bet into multihand shoves. Be patient, your time will come to eliminate if not seriously de-chip this type of player. Even freeroll tourneys are marathons not sprints. Have seen thousands of chips lost and won in the late rounds. Play your game.

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens late in Tournament too right? You can't just wait, other wise the blinds will kill you

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mostly freerolls have lot of all ins because they do not invest any money and hoping for a bingo. but its not the case when high buyin situation. also noticed the final stages of the tourney have all in situation when they are in low stack to get some hit to double up. watch the game and make your move. Good luck and cheers.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overplaying your cards, use to your advantage.

It depends, a free tourney, or at beginning levels of tourney, people shove just to get their bankroll, etc, so the won't have the blinds eat you alive. Online the tendency is to overplay the cards you are dealt.

Use this to your advantage. A lot of times players shove with a junk A2.A9, unsuited)

And it's hard to put down QQ and KK, even AA before the river. Sometimes, better to wait for better, shoving isn't the same as having the nuts after the river.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go all-in in the following situations

1. Super-hand, nuts - in such happy moments you do not just need to push the chips into the center of the table, but somehow force competitors to respond with their money, unless of course they thought of putting them first - this is the most optimal option. Sometimes the strongest hand at the moment, can be "overbought", i.e. beaten opponent on the following streets. All-in bet will force him to pay immediately, and not make a choice later, depending on whether he collects what he wanted or not.

2. They want their opponents to fold. In this case, the player can be like a complete garbage on his hands, i.e. pure bluff (not very recommended), and some sort of mediocre combination with the possibility (outs) to improve, then this is a semi-bluff. You can win the hand even if you have a weak hand if you make the bets yourself. Calling the same, you have to show the combination better, so an active game with stakes, makes life difficult for the opponent. In any case, responding to a bet is harder than betting and let this weight be better on the shoulders of an opponent than yours.

3. When just a bank on the table is already large, you have little left and you need to "exhibit" to reach the showdown and maybe still win.

4. In tournaments, when chips are thrown, you do not have more than 10 BB (big blinds) and you need to do something. This is a push or fold strategy.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion it's just bad play . As you gain experience you will see them get taken down time and time again . One bad player at a full table makes the whole table seem bad . Watch and see how the better players pick them off . Then you will know how to deal with them . Good luck .

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play really tight in the beginning of the mtt. You will get into spots where people are giving you their stack or watch how many times a certain person is going all in and you will see which of your hands should be ahead of their range

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What I like to do with a player who goes all in over and over is to slow play a great starting hand and when they go all in behind you, call. Sometimes you will lose but there is very good chance you will win.

:bebored:

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont risk your stack

poker is a marathon, u really never have to risk all your chips. lets say blinds are 100/250 and starting stack 10000. u have about 14k, u bet 3x and it comes around to a guy with 18k and he pushes. u have a pocket pair of Qs. that leaves u with 13250, u can see how many more blinds. we all fall victim to these moves. but when we win big or go a long way, its when u fold to the unneccasaary risk. low risk and patience is rewarded in poker. best of hustling

Justin Bloomquist

Justin Bloomquist

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be patient and wait till you get a good hand and double up through them.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Constant all ins are extremely annoying.. Like people have said be patient and wait for a solid hand. Somebody will catch him/her, just pray that its you...

G

geoff4376

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For maniacs who go all in every hand just be patiant and whait for 99+ AK,AQ and take easy double up (yes maniac can suckout on you but long run its profitable call).Also..peopel with around 15bb-20bb go all in for steal or posibble double up becouse they are short to play posto flop and minreise- cbet almost makes them pot commited so yeah thats why many people shove 15-20bb and less ofc (i say this becouse you say you are new to online) so against them you need to think about villan position and number of blinds he shoves when you want to call..closer position and smaller stack means wider range and vice verse.You will rearly see chip leader on table to open shoves KQ suited but somone with 10 blinds while go for it for sure

This is the correct answer, OP.

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to online poker and get really frustrated with the constant All-in play. It seems like a lot of players go all-in when they get a good hand, I guess I should appreciate it, but don't understand it. Then there are some that just push all the time ? Is this the culture or just bad play ?

Ohhhh Mahn!!!
It depends on many factors- limits you play, your stack, tipe of MTT, battle of positions etc. Now poker is more aggressive than some years ago. And when you get 3bet from some agro player you can shove becouse you know, that he knows, that you know blah blah blah
Hope you understand.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The question is, you just want to win, everyone has their reasons to push the push, if I know it's a fish and take on the flop my bet, of course with a good hit I'll put up, so as not to leave any chance to the villain to move me.:bike::bike::bike:

SocialBombast

SocialBombast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it is just funny.

Saturday I was in one of ACR's on demand freerolls. I won a few hands so had a little more than what you start with.

One guy went out and someone took his place. I am assuming he was a late reg due to his stack size being what everyone starts with. He immediatly went to the all in for every hand and everyone was folding.

Dont recall my exact hand but I believe it was KQs and I called him.

He had 74o which didnt shock me but I lost to his paired 4 (he hit the flop and I didn't).

I had like 800 chips left and he continued. Two hands later I got something like 22. I was btn and he was BB everyone before me folded so I shoved. SB folded and you know who calls.

This time he had something like 34s. Well I hit the flop this time. You would have thought it was the end of the world. I just happened to notice a language warning in the chat box. Scrolling up he was threatening to do things with my dead body. Full tilt.

I simply replied that things work both ways as I chuckled inside. He got worse.

Next hand another player went all in preflop and he called. This guy had AA and villian had something like 83s. I pretyped Bye in the chat window and waited until river. Once I saw he lost I hit the enter key.

^^Perfect way to handle these dummies^^ We should all aspire to play more like you.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why all the All-Ins online & how to beat it?

Unfortunately this is going on too much. Shoving all in every hand can really make a table dynamic really shitty. Obviously it’s done repeatedly by bad players that will eventually bust out or get lucky. Inevitably, even when they win a few hands they go to the well too many times and punt there stack. IMO it’s not a good play even if you have aces. Often times you are losing value by getting the table to fold. Whereas betting an amount that will be callable will win more in the long run. I’m seeing it more and more at the low to mid stakes on top of the freeroll tournaments. I don’t play many freerolls besides the CardsChat ones because it’s a bingo fest. I’m noticing some newer CardsChat players frequently shoving a full stack in level 1. This wasn’t always the case. The CardsChat tournaments has some realistic play and skilled players. I’m hoping the freeroll shove players realize it’s not a profitable play and stop it. Shoving every hand for fives minutes until you bust is a waste of time and a clear intent on being annoying. It should go without saying that shoving any 2 is not a sustainable strategy. Yet it still happens. The best way to beat it is to be patient and capitalize with good hands. They are trying to give you chips so let them.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes with all possible bad bid on this game the plupard tries to protect their hands from the beginning to take the least risk.

For example it is easier to win with a pair against a single player so it's better to go all in early.

But of course other factors can be taken into account in decision-making.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most common situations/reasons for going all-in:
- early in freeroll / it's free, nothing to lose, people go allin with any 2 cards
- in low stakes when having 'the nuts' / in low stakes very often soemone will call
- when short stacked / mathematically sound play, depending the cards
- bluff / when having a read on opponents not to have anything

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also noticed that players who are allin all the time, the program helps them gain

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That's how it seems, but there are frequently players who fold but would have won. If you really think you are seeing something, keep a journal of both the times when you folded and would have won against the all in together with those times when you would have lost.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday I had the courage to follow one of the allin crazy, I had a good hand KJ and him K4 and I finally win i was happy

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to online poker and get really frustrated with the constant All-in play. It seems like a lot of players go all-in when they get a good hand, I guess I should appreciate it, but don't understand it. Then there are some that just push all the time ? Is this the culture or just bad play ?

depends, I often go all in because I want to force the opponent to drop and of course I depend on the hand I have I want to call my stack, but that's right, many go allin with nothing, a risky strategy that compromises the game but has that having the courage, is getting used because this will repeat itself many times just will not be nervous.

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

they usually play freerolls, but there are those who let off steam in cheap tournaments and play well in expensive ones like Daniel Negreanu