Why all the All-Ins online & how to beat it?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If players are truly shoving every hand then they will continue to do so until
they are felted.

I find that some undeveloped players don't know how to play post-flop and so
they shove to eliminate the anxiety of post-flop play.

I guess I am saying that they don't always have good hands. Especially if they
are shoving every hand.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen this happen constantly in the freerolls tournaments, and in the early stages of the tournament, you have to be patient because then it gets interesting tournaments after the first few levels, if you have a Bank roll can play some tournaments and you will see the difference, patience is what will help you in the early stages of Freerolls. regards

JOKE on YOU

JOKE on YOU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when you have AAs and you limp around with it you end up losing to the weakest hand so beware how you play AAs

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on what limits you play, well, you're right everywhere there are those who shove all in every hand with any card, the main thing to be patient and catch the opponent, good luck

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the players who shove every hand. Sure they'll get lucky sometimes but often they're just handing you their chips.

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Online you get those players because many of them are just playing it like bingo or a slot machine, I just got my pocket 10s busted by K5o, after they 4 bet me all in.
People just play like that for no reason other than they are trying to get lucky.

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reading the latest posts I have to admit I ply high pairs online especially with low to freeroll games as protect. IMHO it is better to limit the field and get something than get rivered ou

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry I should define protect. If u have to bet against a 3-4 person table after the flop then for me I bet to protect my ppair or set rather the slow ply

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it is just funny.

Saturday I was in one of ACR's on demand freerolls. I won a few hands so had a little more than what you start with.

One guy went out and someone took his place. I am assuming he was a late reg due to his stack size being what everyone starts with. He immediatly went to the all in for every hand and everyone was folding.

Dont recall my exact hand but I believe it was KQs and I called him.

He had 74o which didnt shock me but I lost to his paired 4 (he hit the flop and I didn't).

I had like 800 chips left and he continued. Two hands later I got something like 22. I was btn and he was BB everyone before me folded so I shoved. SB folded and you know who calls.

This time he had something like 34s. Well I hit the flop this time. You would have thought it was the end of the world. I just happened to notice a language warning in the chat box. Scrolling up he was threatening to do things with my dead body. Full tilt.

I simply replied that things work both ways as I chuckled inside. He got worse.

Next hand another player went all in preflop and he called. This guy had AA and villian had something like 83s. I pretyped Bye in the chat window and waited until river. Once I saw he lost I hit the enter key.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
a player can bet everything for many reasons, to steal the blinds, to bluff, because he has a good hand, to play aggressive having more stack on table, etc, you must not fall into despair, you will always find players like that, until will arrive at the point where you do it, you say you are new playing online, well with time you will apply that and other techniques that players use

agrivion

agrivion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All-in

Not a huge fan of the all-in. However it seems you must do it on freeroll tourneys if you plan to make it to the end. There really is no sure way to win, it can all go south fast. Im fine to go all in after flop, atleast you have an idea. Pre-flop is all pure luck.

P

piko_bianko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A pro friend once told me:
The higher the stakes, the better your poker knowledge applies.
In other words, you have better chances to do well in a $40 buy in than in 40 $1 tournaments.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just the way we do it. When I go all-in, better do not call!

What I want to say is: You need to know the players. Play 3 months and take your notes. Sooner or later you will know with which hand range you can call the opponent's hand range...
In general you can say that somebody, who always goes all-in, when he bets, has read the chapters of hand selection and stopped studying.
I caLL THEM DONKS. Let them play with the fish and take the chips later...

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not good

It is not good when this happens in the online tournaments. I like to play poker one street at a time and not play the all-in game. When it does keep happening I just try to wait for a premium hand and call the all-in and hope I win. Good luck !

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every now and then you end up at a table with someone that plays every hand, and shoves every time. They aren't playing poker they are playing bingo. Don't let them get to you, play your hand watch your position. They may gain large stacks, but the rarely end up in the money.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all ins

Yep. It happens. It can be a positive. Wait patiently. When you get a monster, oblige the perpetrator.... and smile. Good luck!

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the shove and pray method!!!sometimes it works other times you go busto...

W

wildywild

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if u want to go all-in in those 9max mtt's, u should do it with a pair..

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe these types of players are wanting some fun or something similar. The goal is always to focus on the game and patience to wait for the best moment to act. The result after that is a consequence of persistence and hard work.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We must wait. In tournaments with small contributions is registered many such shot. They beat themselves out! We have to wait a little longer. And if you have a Good card in your hands, then shoot back! But we must remember that even AA win in 4 cases out of 5!

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes in a free roll, I will get exhausted by the seer number of "players" that don't want to learn. Don't be fooled into thinking it doesn't happen at higher levels. I am sure at very high levels it should be better, I will have to let you know if I ever do that. lol
There are a lot of people who have a lot more money than I do. I would never risk more than I can afford, bankroll management wise. That being said, a $15.00 buy in is not common for me although the money isn't that much really. Someone with a lot more money than me can treat that buy in as a free roll as well, it is just coins to them.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this will happen a lot at the beginning of the tournament, mainly freeroll, or in low-cost tournaments, the only secret is to have patience, this type of player dies soon.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the frequent All-Ins online. I call frequently with KK+ and enjoy watching my bankroll swell.

R