Why all the All-Ins online & how to beat it?

D

Dream Slayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to online poker and get really frustrated with the constant All-in play. It seems like a lot of players go all-in when they get a good hand, I guess I should appreciate it, but don't understand it. Then there are some that just push all the time ? Is this the culture or just bad play ?

trippin

trippin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament play it could be several different reasons, stack, blinds, tilt, ect.. cash, they are probably scared with a good pair/hand.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You will find alot of that in freerolls and in the firsr hour of micro (R&A) MTT's . Just be patient once you improve your game and build your bankroll you will get away from it .

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you, there are many online players who play so, be patient and you have to answer when you get a good hand. I think it's a boring game style, but everyone is allowed to play in their own way.

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For maniacs who go all in every hand just be patiant and whait for 99+ AK,AQ and take easy double up (yes maniac can suckout on you but long run its profitable call).Also..peopel with around 15bb-20bb go all in for steal or posibble double up becouse they are short to play posto flop and minreise- cbet almost makes them pot commited so yeah thats why many people shove 15-20bb and less ofc (i say this becouse you say you are new to online) so against them you need to think about villan position and number of blinds he shoves when you want to call..closer position and smaller stack means wider range and vice verse.You will rearly see chip leader on table to open shoves KQ suited but somone with 10 blinds while go for it for sure

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part of that will be the stakes you are playing too. Micro stakes tend to be much wilder although online is typically a faster pace platform. I would say the best strategy is to tighten up and not play marginal hands, at least out of position. Be patient and the right situations will come about. Patients is the key

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the tournament, sometimes it's necessary to go all-in .. If I with a short stack is less than 10BB I almost always go all-in, but much depends on the players.

M

Marj651992

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It does get to be very annoying but take the time to sit back and study the players if you don't have a good hand that is. The ones that go all in continuously do get beat out once players figure out what they go all in with. Be patient is the key to beating the all in guys

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from my experience I can say that the more chips you have in online poker, the better the hands would the program give you ,knowing it's the many players going to allin trying to make stack the largest and if they are lucky and if they'll win several times, it's very likely they can win the tournament

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online poker has everything, there are players of all kinds, you must have patience.You do not say what level you play, if you play freerolls, it is normal to see players go all in all the time, you just have to wait for a good and to play against them and double you stack.
Do not bluff against these types of players, you have to have a good hand against them.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they wonder how they can defend themselves from a simple maniac, do not get involved in that kind of hands if they do not feel safe with their hands, that is to say, retire and wait, in the end, n tournament is about getting as far as possible, not getting chips fast

J

Jakobsladder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of a tournament when stacks are deep, if people are randomly going all in it's usually because it's a low stakes game where people don't care about the money and are just looking to gamble early and double up or bust. Coming up with a range to call, say a 100bb open shove, is a bit difficult and extremely player dependent at these stakes.

You won't see this much in higher stakes because it's a terrible play no matter what hand you have.

When stacks are much shorter, say less than 15bb, open shoving all in is part of a well rounded strategy. To counter all ins, you have to use all of your info to determine what % of hands they are shoving in certain positions on certain stack sizes. For example, a player is going to open shove a much wider range with 8bb on the button than they will with 15bb from UTG. Once you estimate a player's range, you can find the range of hands you can profitably call with. ICMizer is a good program to use to solve these spots.

R

Rskeyyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it's only when people don't care about money and they don't want to waste of time sit and wait for chance. so all in shows whether it's good day for them or not.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<div>I have this same problem in cash games, or they over bet and were all in by turn, I just play less hands than I would if there is someone at my table like this, and pick hands knowing theres a good chance this is happening, and hands I have better chance to defend against this, betting is only betting doesn't mean they have a big hand cause they push or raise, especially if there doing often.
patience is your best weapon </div>

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With such players you need to sit and wait for a good hand. With a strong hand you need to make the opponent play in his style and then you get the maximum.

Shalarin

Shalarin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't care about their game play. Of course you ask yourselfe how they can shove A3o or Q4s and win with it a few times. Those players often build a big stack in a short time. But believe me: 90% of them lose it as fast as they build it up . Be patient and enjoy watching them loosing all if they get destroyed a bit later against player who noticed their gameplay

:cool::D:D:D

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree about people going all in all the time so i will put in the blind before they go all in and then i wait in till i get a good i will do the same thing then when they go all i will call them and that helps a lot

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I agree with the others. You just have to be patient and wait for good hands. You will sometimes lose to their trash hands but overall you'll come out ahead. People shove like this in early stages of freerolls or low stakes mtt's to try to build up a big stack but they don't know when to stop and their recklessness and lack of discipline is their downfall. They'll eventually bust and you'll still be around.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players seeing AA - with joy throw all the money in the bank ...)
In tournaments, the game for all money - the desire to quickly increase your bank and become a leader ... There is even just a stupid person ..))):driver:

D

Dream Slayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you
You all gave me good things to think about

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see this in tournaments from the short stacks and chip leader and I will fold my marginal hands and wait for the strong ones where my chances of winning are better and chip up. Patience is the key. :turtle:

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part of that will be the stakes you are playing too. Micro stakes tend to be much wilder although online is typically a faster pace platform. I would say the best strategy is to tighten up and not play marginal hands, at least out of position. Be patient and the right situations will come about. Patients is the key

I kind of think that is it. When you are in the Micros people generally don't have patience. They aren't very good and want action, action, action. You just need to adjust your game to take advantage of this, but be ready to take a lot of beats, it is going to happen.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just at a table with an 'all-in'er and he was stealing a lot of antes and blinds but I folded and folded until I was dealt pocket 10s and double up on him. After the double up the table switched me before I could get the rest of his stack. You just gotta have patience with these players and just wait for your time to break them. :idea:

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know the answer of how to combat the pre flop all in every hand person. I try to use good hands against them and it doesn't work. ak and aq are not that great against their random shove hands. Even the pocket pairs are vulnerable. Aces don't come that often. I guess the only sure footed way to get around the maniacs are to either wait for them to get moved or let some other poor sap try to take them out.

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remember these on line sites are no different than Cambridge Analytics, and they reward loose play with "miracle cards."
Play your good hands and it'll pretty much be up to the site whether or not you win that hand. or tournament.
It's too bad, but they've trained everyone to call people like me "crybaby", meanwhile, what you're posting about, is actually happening.
*fresh off 99 losing to Q7, and the math'll work out when Ivanka's president.