Who is the better tournament poker player?

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bryn is incredibly lucky, yes he's good, but I think that Hellmuth is better. Not like way ahead, but he's better in tough spots. From what i've seen Bryn always had mostly easy decisions, haven't seen him performing incredible folds, maybe I've missed it. I do like Bryn more as a character, but Phil i think is little bit better in poker, if he had like 80% of Bryns luck then i think he would be on top of the poker all time money ladder list.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, it's obvious to me that Bryn Kenney has a higher tournament win total. And since prize money is the only important criterion in poker for me, Bryn is a stronger player than Phil Hellmuth. But as far as I know, Phil has won the most WCOOP bracelets. This is a serious achievement, but I think Bryn Kenney is still more successful. :unsure:

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I looked it up on wikipedia and it turns out that Phil is almost a living legend. Didn't even know he had so many achievements. Obviously, Phil Hellmuth is one of the best.
Screenshot 8Screenshot 9

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Phil Helmuth! He is crazy a bit but great player no doubt!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Phil Hellmuth. According to all available indicators, his achievements are more significant :)

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have to be honest and say that is the first time I heard about Bryn Kenny, so I can't have a judgment about that.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to admit I never heared of Bryn Kenney until this question.

If you count the money it may be Bryn Kenney, but if you count the long term sucess it is clearly Phil Hellmuth in my opinion.
The long constant winning in tournaments speaks for his skill.
I don't like his way of acting at the table and away from the table, but that is another side of the same coin.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Phil Hellmuth, definitely better. This is evidenced by his impressive achievements in live events :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Phil Helmut is undoubtably a great Tournament player, but from what you see in many Videos is he Sucks! at cash games. I believe many of his Cash Table opponents know how easy it is to put him on Tilt! and do it on purpose, so they can get more money out of him.
There is a reason he has the nickname of "The Brat" because like a spoiled Child he always spits the Dummy out.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
If we put human personal qualities aside, and take into account professionalism and ability to play, then I choose Phil Hellmuth:cool:

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's good that I can say who is the best since we have some names that are always winning
but there is a champion and I think this is it.
Bryn Kenney

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Phil Hellmuth. I think he is better. At least that's what I think, although it's quite possible that I don't know something and I'm wrong.

dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Phil Hellmuth, because heis an American professional poker player who has won a record 17 wsop bracelets.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'll say it's Phil Hellmuth. If Daniel Nigreanu was on this list, I would vote for him. He may not play better than these two, but I really like his style of play.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love this question because it pits the most successful players in history - Bryn in overall winnings vs Phil in overall WSOP bracelets.

Bryn - $65.1M
Phil - $17.6M

Phil - 17 WSOP bracelets
Bryn - 1 WSOP bracelet

Ultimately this conversation comes down to which you value more - the allure of the WSOP or just straight cashes in tounraments. For me, Phil wins. Why? Bryn had a $20M win in 2019 when he won the $1M buy-in charity event at the London Triton stop. He beat 53 other players that time. Yes - it is the best of the best but it massively skews his numbers.

Phil has beaten massive fields at the WSOP to win some of his bracelets and it is still considered the pinnacle of poker - Triton titles are special, no doubt but because the general poker community can't play them, while the general poker community can and does play the WSOP, beating massive fields with way more variance is more impressive to me than beeting 53 pros whom you have been able to study and dissect much more.

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I vote for Phil. I don't have a positive opinion about him, but the offered competitor is even lower on my scale.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil was really good when he started, being solid for some years. But right on this moment, Bryn is more sharp and more intelligent playing it.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hellmuth gets my pick just due to his enduring relevance. He has been a consistent winner for decades.

Brigistul

Brigistul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is the best!he has a special talent and feel towards the other top players!

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Phil Helmuth obviously, people like to give im hell because of his playstyle but his WSOP wins are literally only proof ever needed to win this battle.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hellmuth is the GOAT. He has all the bracelets baby. That other guy, who I will not type his name, is a knows cheat and scumbag. He's a stain on the poker community. Hellmuth is the easy answer.