Who is the better tournament poker player?

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
To date, Phil Helmuth is the better tournament poker player based on the number of bracelets he has. But that can still change!

Phil has been around for a few years longer and therefore has more success to his name, although he did have it in a time when poker wasn't as popular and the tournaments had fewer participants than they do today...as far as I know.

Bryn Kenny will outlive Phil and could continue to thrive in the poker community for several years after him. The future will show!

Dzill_230

Dzill_230

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
"Hello! Many people can be considered good athletes but not so likeable in real life. We were discussing who's the best at the table, and my opinion is: Phil! Not long ago, I came across one of his interviews, one of the latest ones - the guy has quite a few bracelets and he doesn't plan to stop, despite his age!"

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Helmuth is regarded to be the best , i would also say him , but the truth i guess is that Kenney is the better of the two or even the best of all , his results speak for his success , his lifetime earnings , and most of them without sponsorships or bonuses . he has only one bracelet but look his whole career and total earnings . but for sentimental reasons , not objectionally , i would say helmuth if asked , just because i am a fan of his

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I am gonna be honest : I of course know Phil Helmuth but have never seen Kenney playing.
So it's tough for me judge him.
That's why my answer to the question is following: Helmuth is famous for a very long time and won a lot of bracelets, so I will choose him.
But maybe the future of poker is Kenney...

cracker

cracker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just because one player wins more money than the other doesn't mean he is the better player. If I play 10 games heads up against the same player with the first 9 games paying $1.00 and the last game paying $20.00 and I win the first 9 and lose the last one who is the better player. Not the best question choosing these two players. The real question you are asking is what is more important, money or bracelets.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Definitely Phil Helmuth. Good player and I would imagine his antics will get under some players skin. Any "legit" way of gaining an advantage is acceptable.

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Phil Helmuth. A great poker player. Not so great of a person though...

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Because it's tournament poker, I would say Phil Helmuth even though I dislike him.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
An American professional player became the first to beat Negreana in terms of the amount of money earned offline. In 2018, he overtook Daniel by winning The Big One for One Drop. To date, his earnings on poker are slightly more than $ 40,000,000.
I don't miss a single game. It's like I'm playing myself.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Phil Hellmuth or Bryn Kenney? Both are Truely great players and It would be fun to see these 2 play heads up a few times to see how it would end up.

I have been thinking over this for the last few days and I looked up there results as well and I just keep coming back to Phil Hellmuth as the best tournament player. Phil has been playing and winning at a high level for 30+ years. He is the only wsop main event winner of the US and Europe main events. When you look at his 17 bracelets in all the larger events it hard to not believe in Phil. Bryn is a really great player winning much more cash than Phil but the size of the fields he plays are much smaller and very high buy ins. I do think they are both really great players, but I will take Phil Helmuth at this point.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot stand Hellmuth but sadly I would have to vote for him. I do not know much about
Bryn Kenney but I hope he is the better player but I would have to vote for Hellmuth the spoil t brat of poker.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
iamluckbox (Michael Addamo). Distinguished by extreme aggression and ingenuity, especially in sizing. His sizing is the most unpredictable of all the top players. And his aggression is not blind, but very thoughtful.Masterfully determines the moments when the opponent is ready to go to the end, and gets the most out of them.In 2021, he won a WSOP-C ring in a massive New Year's tournament for $400.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To be quite honest, I haven't followed Phil Hellmuth's story much, but I know that he is in the hall of fame when it comes to tournaments, the other player, i don't remember seeing anything about him, but I know that Phil, even though he is a controversial player, has many titles in the CV that are enviable in a good way, so I'm with Phil Hellmuth because he has already consolidated many titles in his career, and no one else can take that away from him.

Last edited:
Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
In my opinion Phil Hellmuth is probably one of the best 50 poker players ever - Bryn Kenney(i dont know much about him) but what i can say is that 17 bracelets won by Hellmuth is awesome and only 1 by Kenney. So i would say comparing the over 200 times finishing in the money by Hellmuth against under 50times from Kenney this shows that P. Hellmuth is in his own league vs. Kenney.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I currently consider Artur Martirosian the best player, he has been to several final tables both live and online

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I currently consider Artur Martirosian the best player, he has been to several final tables both live and online
The question is between the two players. Either Phil Hellmuth or Bryn Kenney?

Please repost and choose one of these.

Thank you.

Marc

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Between these two poker players who is the better tournament player and why? Phil Hellmuth or Bryn Kenney?

View attachment 348665 View attachment 348666
Definitely Bryn. Maybe he is not more experienced than Phil, but in my opinion he has a better style of play, he has more awards and prizes in tournaments.
Yes, Phil has a lot of bracelets, but the age difference makes it possible to win more prizes and awards.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Phil Helmuth has been proving for many years that he is one of the best poker player in contrast to his opponent. Quality and stability over many years gives preference to Phil. Although everything can change after some time in future.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
helmuth is somewhat of a crybaby but unlike kenney, he HAS NEVER BEEN KNOWN TO CHEAT. So I would therefore go for Helmuth

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guy on the left has been doing it for longer and plays all the tourns in every game.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is just a legend player of tournaments, so, that my answer.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Phil Helmuth is the better poker player because: "I got the aces honey"
I don´t even know that other guy. Another reason why Phil is better ;)
Tbh. I know him and I do not like him at all. I also think highrollers are not necessary good overall poker players. Their game is very different from what a normal poker game looks like. Phil is much better overall.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
never liked Kenney since he showed up a one drop final table without a suit, as was requested by the promoters ( everyone else complied ).that said, he is clearly cleaning up in big buyin events , so i would say he is the superior player . Hellmuth has gotten many of his bracelets in events loaded with less skilled amateurs ( although also more total entrants ) so that is a talent in itself to be admired . i call it 'bottomfeeding' !