Who is the better tournament poker player?

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't know Bryn Kenney but anyway I would definitely vote for Phil Hellmuth. I just like his approach to the game, his poker thinking an general mindset about the game of poker. Also he has won the most wsop bracelets than any other guy. I've read his book Play Poker Like The Pros, it' well-written with solid advice and I constantly return back to it.

The best poll would be Stu Ungar vs Phil Hellmuth vs Erik Seidel vs Doyle Brunson.

rei signo

rei signo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I choose Phil Hellmuth, legendary and feared live poker player, as well as having great bracelets, Phil Hellmuth is historic and it's not enough to be a great player on the rise to be able to surpass the level of a legend!

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
this is quite possibly the easiest between these 2 who is best question you could ever ask lol.... without a doubt, for me, its hellmuth. i am not a bryn fan at all. he was part of some collusion and possible cheating going on in the past.. that alone is enough for me to question some of if not most of what hes accomplished. yes i realize he is the #2 all time money earner in poker, but that means next to nothing to me, since the prize pools in the last 5 years or so, so absolutely dwarf what the pools used to be in the old days... so thats as much if not more luck playing at the right time than anything else. hellmuth has shown for over 30 years now, that he can consistently play in, run deep and win NLH tournaments against all kinds of players. he is entertaining as hell too and kenney is about as entertaining as watching paint dry lol (though that has nothing to do, nor should it, with the answer of this question). so i guess in closing, id just say for me its hellmuth easily, and its because of the longevity and the amount of tournaments he has won and down very very well in, in both smaller and larger fields.

P

PRRP2010

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth for all the tournaments he won, especially the WSOP and for his undisputed trajectory.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Never had heard of Bryn Kenney, but I looked him up and he has quite a record.
But, based on overall wins and the time of Phil Hellmuth being in poker, I would certainly put my bet on Phil.
Phil has my vote between these two players based on "greater experience" and "overall winnings".

Wally

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Phil is a very knowledgeable player, he just cries too much! Given the question, I would give him the edge as the better poker player though.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me so far this is the easiest question. I never heard of Bryn Kenney (glad to see I'm not the only one so feel less embarrassed :unsure: ) therefore Phil Hellmuth is my obvious choice.

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think Phil Hellmut has more intuition and skill at the poker tables. If I have to choose one it would be him

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Gosto mais do estilo do Phil Hellmuth

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
They are both excellent players but I am going for Phil Hellmuth, for being the leader in championships won with his 15 world series of poker bracelets. He has the ability to read his opponents well and make strategic adjustments and play under pressure.

Y

Youvraj365

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MU
Chips
Needs to put both of them for a heads up then we will know who the best is.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would have to say Phil Helmuth is the better player out of the two choices, he has many bracelets which are difficult to get and many final table appearances at big events

Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There was some suspicion going on about Bryn Kenney. Whether true or not, it lends to give Phil Hellmuth a greater edge. Were Kenney's earnings all legitimate? Here is the link to the story.......Bryn Kenney

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In my opinion, only the best tournament player, which is Bryn Kenny, can win two high roller events in two days and become #1 on the All Time Money List.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going by # of bracelets, Phil Hellmuth seems better. But I am sure Bryn Kenney has won more prize money and plays more high rollers.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I choose Phil Hellmuth. No contest for me. He has a long history of tournament wins. Very well known player who has earned 17 World Series os Poker bracelets.

I barely know Bryn Kenney, but the few things I know about him is that there's quite a history of allegations of cheating.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
both are elite players, but for me Bryn is the slightly better player. He is a very cerebral and calculated player who controls his emotions well and thoroughly calculates every decision. On the other hand, Helmuth is the more dynamic and incisive player who likes to put pressure not only through the game but also psychologically on the opponents. It's not an easy choice, but I'm still leaning towards Bryn Kenney.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For once I disagree with the majority of the members here, if you followed some of my previous posts you guys probably know that I was and I'm still a pretty big Phil Helmuth fan(my first poker book was his and I've closely followed his activity on and off the poker tables since I've started playing poker) and the Poker Brat definitely has his spot in the discussions about the greatest poker players of all time, but DNegs made a great point not long ago which is tough to argue: to be the best you need to fight and beat the best poker players right now and IMO unfortunately Phil can't beat this 'new guys' in the small field/ high buy-ins tournaments... so, I'll take Bryn Kenney as the better tournament player right now- he constantly 'battles' vs. the toughest field you can imagine and he has great results that pushed him to 1st place in the All Time Money List- I mean, if for example we need to bet on one player from this two choices- like for example who's going to have a better 2024 at the poker tables(results/ winnings if they would play the same number of events/ total buy-ins), my money would definitely be on Bryan...

Last edited:
zands3

zands3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it's Bryn Kenney because I like his style of play

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly the best player in tournament poker Bryn Kenney.

B

Broz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Between those two, Phil Hellmuth.
When Bryn Kenney was just born, Phil was already winning a bracelet. 😁
There's no comparison.

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In my opinion Phil Helmut is the best of the two, because he has more titles than the other player if we look at the results, which for me is the most important thing.