Who is the better tournament poker player?

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Definitely I vote for Phil Hellmuth ! I think in the near future He will show his superiority ! I don’t remember how many bracelets Phil Helmut has, but I know for sure that bracelets are not easy to win, so he is better !

And to be honest I don't know Bryn Kenney .

Last edited:
Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In my opinion there's no contest, for a plethora of reasons. :)

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
The two are legends but I vote for Bryn Kenney because he’s a master player he genuinely just understands the broad concept of live poker. He’s not a math whiz or anything, and doesn’t go extra mode to get that edge, he’s a classic style player who relies on experience and game IQ.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Between these two poker players who is the better tournament player and why? Phil Hellmuth or Bryn Kenney?
It's a shame that Daniel Negreanu isn't on this list, he's a better shot than those two.

But since I have to choose between the two, I definitely prefer Bryn Kenney, Phil Hellmuth is a tilted crybaby.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fo me is neither of these 2 players, for me the best tournament poker player is the Brazilian Yurithenerdguy, the guy is very good at tournaments.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you can only choose between the two of them, I think Phil is better, although sometimes his behavior is a bit hysterical, but maybe he is better in terms of skill.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Bryn Kenney is of course better at No-Limit Holdem than Phil Hellmuth (who isn't?)

But I think Phil Hellmuth is better at mixed games and all the lesser-known/solved variants in poker. Not that I know for certain - just looking at the results.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I know the other guy but never heard of the other :rolleyes:
Edit. Okay, I looked him up.
Still, who am I to say which of them is better?
There is an old saying that hair and sense do not come along in the same head. Therefore Bryn must be more,,, (your adjective here).

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Phil Hellmuth or Bryn Kenney? Sadly, I have never heard of Bryn. But probably wouldn't matter, I am die hard Hellmuth fan. I love his tantrums, they make me bust out laughing. He is so passionate for the game, that's the greatest thing for anyone who plays. And even with his tantrums, he is an excellent player winning lots of tourneys. GOAT!!!

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i would say Bryn Kenney...even if phil is a legend bryn have been destroying the high roller games for years when phil have struggle when he was playing the most elite tournament and moslty perform in a lesser level of tourney.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Between these two poker players who is the better tournament player and why? Phil Hellmuth or Bryn Kenney?

View attachment 348665 View attachment 348666
Bryn is still young and may surpass Phil one day, but for now, I think Phil Hellmuth is the better tournament player. Bryn has won more money but Phil has longevity and the most wsop bracelets (which I think are still the most coveted poker titles/hardware).

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Depends on if by "Best" you mean bracelets or winnings, Helmuth has the bracelets but Kenney has more than double the live money winnings.
My vote is for Kenney cause bracelets are nice but money in the bank is nicer.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe the better tournament player is Phil Hellmuth. According to wiki, he is ranked 21st on the all-time money list. He holds the records for most WSOP cashes (154) and most WSOP final tables (64), overtaking TJ Cloutier. Not familiar with Bryn Kenney so I had to look him up. He have impressive credentials but still some way to go to be recognized amongst the legends of tournament poker.

As a poker player, however, I just don't like the poker brat.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I wish you guys gave us the choice between Brian and someone else. Phil is tough even to talk about. What a character !
Anyway, Brian is a terrific player no doubt, but despite the number of his huge cashes, I'm inclined to call him a "Rising Star" (Sorry CC, I had to steel that from you in this contest ;)). And even though the "Brat" could be a real brat sometimes, there's History that could not be erased or forgotten, not to mention the stats that speak for themselves in term of prestigious Bracelets and big events Finale Tables of different variants of poker.
I think Brian will definitely catch up in the near future, but for now, I have to go with Phil (I don't even like him that much ;):ROFLMAO:).

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Ian Matakis named WSOP Player of the Year 2023.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I think it's Phil Hellmuth. He has quite significant achievements, he is probably one of the most skilled players at the moment.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Don't like him at all but one glimpse at Hellmuth's WSOP bracelets should settle this question rather quickly..

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me is Phil Hellmuth, even though most of the people "hate" him, for my is one of the best players of all time, and he proved it over and over again. He still has to learn cash games :)) but in tournaments I would always put my money on him. Also is not the same playing tournaments against 5000+ players and win them, or you play tournaments with 150 players (>$100 000) and win. He can do it both.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I were to answer correctly it would be Philly, but Billi hates Philly so with my stubborn side I will say Bryn will be one day.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Phil does better vs. recreational players and in large fields. Brynn does better vs. the elite of the poker world.

Phil acts like a d1ck on the tables but is a great guy away from poker. Bryn is just a P.O.S. every which way you look at it (he's a known cheating scumbag and am not sure why he would be picked for this thread)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I mean this is no contest.... although I do find it interesting only one person mentioned all of the controversy surrounding Kenney, why he would be mentioned in the same category as Hellmuth for that reason alone is odd.

Hellmuth is one of the best holdem tourney players as his record shows.
.... don't think much of his skill in other formats and if he values his money he should steer clear of cash games but in tourney holdem he can't be denied even if I think he's a big whiny baby in general.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Phil Helmuth is by far a better pokerplayer.

Bryn Kenny is a great player for sure but the only reason he is where he is on the all time money list is because of running well in a couple of the highest buy in events avalible.

Nowhere near the same accolades or longevity.