Who is the better tournament poker player?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Without a doubt the better player for me is Phil Hellmuth. He has won so many WSOP titles that there is no basis for comparison. His demeanor in dealing with bad luck is endearing. So for me, Phil is a legend. Of course Bryn Kenny made a lot of money in a short time. He is said to have won $65 million from various tournaments. Let's also remember his poker tournament victory when he won $20 million from a tournament in 2019. Bryn Kenny made a lot of money in a short time and he's a great player too but Phil remains a legend to me

Brynn was also a HSMTT player online and did quite well.

How about this for comparison... who are each of these players competing against when winning money/titles?? Phil does great against a wide range of players and tends to play in tournaments that attract the greatest number of recreational players (donkeys... & 'northern Euro donks' < Phil's words),... whereas Brynn competes vs. the very BEST High Stakes MTT players in the world! (a player pool that Phil Helmuth very rarely swims in, knowing he doesn't have an edge in those fields).

Clearly it would need to say 'what defines being the best'?

Wayne Gretzky scoring 80 goals a year while competing amongst the Top NHL players of all time.... OR
Steve Hanson (#17 from Charleston Chiefs) scoring hundreds of goals in many local bar leagues & Junior hockey association?

Steve Hanson is clearly the winner? Maybe not...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a live format I think Phil has the edge in Mtts.

Look at his track record at wsop.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes Phil H has such a good WSOP record i have to pick him .He's been winning for decades .

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have not followed the careers and achievements of these two players, and in fact I have almost nothing to say about them. But Google tells me that Phil Hellmuth is probably the best. So, Phil Hellmuth.

ronaldof2

ronaldof2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Between the two, I'm with Phil Hellmuth, he is very skilled and calculating in his moves, o_Oas well as provoking many of his opponents.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my vote is for him for sure, he won the most money in several live tournaments in history.
bryn-k-jpg.348666

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Adrián Mateos without a doubt

@ficticius

Please choose either Phil Helmuth or Bryn Kenney - we are asking you which out of those two you think is the best.

I think Phil Helmuth, but he can be an ass too.

Thank you.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the best tournament poker player is Phil Ivey. I really like his analytics

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, Phil Hellmuth is better. If I'm not mistaken, he generally seems to be among the best of the best.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opnion Hellmuth is a better tournament poker player, but for sure Kenny is a big guy too.

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
I watch a lot of worldwide poker tournament programs and the best player for my taste is Adrián Mateos

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Currently I don't know who is the best. I really like Negreanu, but at the moment I don't know if he's among the best.

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I consider Phil Hellmuth, I don't know him well, but he's very well spoken here in brazil, considered the best poker player in the world, while Bryn Kenney, it's the first time I've seen that name, I even apologize if he's a world-renowned player, and I don't know it yet.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Helmuth is for me the most interesting and good player, I would like to be at least half as good as him.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I watch a lot of worldwide poker tournament programs and the best player for my taste is Adrián Mateos

Currently I don't know who is the best. I really like Negreanu, but at the moment I don't know if he's among the best.

Please read the 1st post in the thread. There maybe other players who you or I consider to be the best, however, we are asking you who is the best between these two.

Phil Hellmuth or Bryn Kenney?

Thank you. Try again, by picking between them.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Important specific here is who is the better tournament player

For me right now it goes to Phil just because of his track record & longevity.

Kenney is also half of Helmuth's age and pretty young. Will be interesting to see where he's at in 15 years in terms of GOAT status

Helmuth at the moment though for tournaments.. Kenney if it's cash

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
Excuse me. I thought the question was who I thought was the best tournament player in the whole world. But I do have to choose between these two. In my opinion Phil Hellmuth

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Phil is the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) of tournament poker. His success at WSOP with 17 Bracelets and over 200 cashes is amazing.
The most impressive part about him is having sustained success over three and a half decades. The world and game of poker has changed so much since Phil won the main event in 1989.

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I actually haven't heard anything about the player Bryn Kenney. But I've heard a lot about Phil Hellmuth, so I think Phil Hellmuth is better, at least better in the context of popularity :)

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Phil Hellmuth he is not the record holder of 17 wsop bracelets for nothing right

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In terms of achievements Phil Helmut is the best in my opinion 🙂🙂🙂

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of corse Phil ..by far , no question about this , he has more cashes then almost everyone :)