Survival Tournament - would you fold KK?

A

amidoingitright?

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard for me to think about a realistic scenario that i fold kk pre. Hasn't happened thus far, and its been treating me well (broadly speaking). I dont plan on ever folding kk pre. If someone has aa, so be it. Someone earlier in thread stated they wouldn't jam because a2 suited has 35% equity, but that means you have 65%, which is a bet ill take every day for the rest of my life. Jam all day.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
never. whats the point of playing then? your goal is to make money right? you are on the FT wrer money яку made. If you want thet 1/2-3 place you need to play. if you are not playing you 2 best hand than... what are you going to play? if you are all short there is not post flop to play. what are going to play with 10-20bb post flop? 0_o
FT's in general are a lot of push-fold.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In your situation I will fold, he could have Ax and Ace comes on the flop and then you’re on 7th place and struggling for 6th place.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In this situation I think I would not Fold KK actually almost in any situation I would Fold KK preflop is just not right your chances agains Ax are way to good to fold them I think you're playing a little to Extremely tight you can just fold KK for being afraid to be shortstack also if the one all in is the shortstack his range is quite open for me to call with KK if he has AA well is just variance of poker but I don't really see as Good or Smart throw Kings just for survive You have better chances in doble up and eliminate the shortstack than losing ... hope this helps you GL!

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would probably call there is only one hand that beat you pre flop.The hands that I will consider to fold in that situation will be all pair till JJ and all Ax till AK but KK is to strong to fold.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the position in which you depend if the chip leader goes or not and how it is unfolding the hand:driver:

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a regular tournament I would never folded KK. But in a satellite or on a bubble it is possible. Much depends on the opponents - LAG or Nit and what his its range

SoCalGrndR1

SoCalGrndR1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The situation as you described would be a fold.
If you see that there are real potential 1-2 callers behind you that cover you along with your chip stack at 3rd. The optimal play is to gets you to 6th place, which is the same as 1st, and that would be a fold. Similar scenario as playing AA with many callers. You should be able to find a better spot if UTG+1 does not get knocked out.

SoCal

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting reads here. I would have though KK would be worthy of going in on this hand, but now I looking at things in a different light. Thanks guys.

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
easy all in call - if you lose, you still have 6 BB. KK in that spot is too valuable to fold.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm calling, and hoping the 2 loose stacks call and the big stack. You are on bubble and just need someone to beat the short stack and it's over. Imagine if You fold and big stack is only call and doubles him, and you would of won. Now you are in tight race with other 5 to cash. These types of tournaments are def different. Does seen that strange things happen on bubble

Same with me. If it is hard to shove and hard to fold as well, I can simply call and look what these big stacks gonna do.

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think no its call..because you can knockout out plaeyr and get itm

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation I would call the all in.:):):)

F

fievr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Final Table - need to make 6th to advance, 7 players are remaining, I'm 3rd in chips, but the stacks are all very close except for the chip leader who as 5x the amount of chips as me.

UTG+1 is the short stack and goes all-in.
Folds around to me on the BTN, I have KK.
SB has me covered and has demonstrated a willingness to call all-ins.
BB has me covered and is very aggressive and has been going all-in frequently.

This is a SURVIVAL tournament - if I call and lose I will be the short stack with 6 big blinds. There are also 2 loose players to act behind me. Should I fold KK here?

I just isolated myself with utg + 1

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never lol u have to take that chance i know its a servial but justthink if you double up lol

J

John Malvasio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think of it this way....you all win when 1 more player busts right? so i would be calling here all day, no point to ever raise. If the stacks behind want to come in im fine with that we can likely check it down to try and eliminate the short stack.

M

misiomick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not fold KK on final table. Of course it is a poker and anything can happen, including all 3 players + you involved and someone having AA but at this stage KK is just too good and too powerful to let it go. In general I would not fold AA or KK, despite the fact that lately I get to loose versus some small pockets getting lucky trips/straight or flush.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't understand all the comments about automatic call or shove. Clearly survival is the number one factor. You're 3rd in chips and there is every possibility the two loose cannons will call and take out UTG+1 which would end the tournament and make you a winner. So, it's a simple no-brainer fold.

maudoallin

maudoallin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If only 6th- recive the prize i would say that the prize of 6th place would be like less than 2x the buying, i wouldnt fold it, becuse SNG with less then 180 players i aways plays to reach at least the 3rd place, and that hand would be a importante double up. KK u are only behinds AA... and hes the lowest stack, thats means that he shoving 99,999999% hands worse than it

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering all the things you said i would call. A multi-pot can complicate a short stack guy (they can't wait only premium hands like QQ+ to shove) and you weren't this guy.

K

Kichidk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats your positio...eh I would call people are always afraid to go out on the button do you wanna win or do you wanna survive..??that's the question

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stack is probably desperate so will shove with any 2 face cards, Ace rag, pocket pair or mid-high suited connector.

I would shove no question.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is a risk game. if you throw out strong hands, then what to play with? but everyone has their own opinion. and you can talk a lot, but you can post in this situation in different ways. the moment in the game and the reasoning about the action are different things.

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final Table - need to make 6th to advance, 7 players are remaining, I'm 3rd in chips, but the stacks are all very close except for the chip leader who as 5x the amount of chips as me.

UTG+1 is the short stack and goes all-in.
Folds around to me on the BTN, I have KK.
SB has me covered and has demonstrated a willingness to call all-ins.
BB has me covered and is very aggressive and has been going all-in frequently.

This is a SURVIVAL tournament - if I call and lose I will be the short stack with 6 big blinds. There are also 2 loose players to act behind me. Should I fold KK here?

I'd Call There as it's the short stack you might get another call behind. KK too strong to fold in this exact spot. Folding could give the short stack more chips and a couple orbits and your now the short stack for playing too tightly. Just call and take him down he has AA very rarely.

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting.. short stack likely has at least an ace. This is one of the few times Id fold K-K with factoring in the bubble and 2 loose players left to act. So hard to lay down...

My sentiments go here. I`d fold this one.

Folding in Poker