Survival Tournament - would you fold KK?

olegbereza

olegbereza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can fold preflop KK only in the satellite, in any other tournament it is a direct road to all-in.

petshpe

petshpe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on various aspects,, but generally you have to shove here

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a situation where I'm too short stack and lack little to itm not worth calling all in hardly not have call and chances of leading a bad are immense

The right in this situation is to wait for the itm already in other circumstances only the same situation but with a very large itm pay jump there may compensate wait for money and v of my chips
:jd4:mateuspoker

K

KwazuluNatal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Africa

Final Table - need to make 6th to advance, 7 players are remaining, I'm 3rd in chips, but the stacks are all very close except for the chip leader who as 5x the amount of chips as me.

UTG+1 is the short stack and goes all-in.
Folds around to me on the BTN, I have KK.
SB has me covered and has demonstrated a willingness to call all-ins.
BB has me covered and is very aggressive and has been going all-in frequently.

This is a SURVIVAL tournament - if I call and lose I will be the short stack with 6 big blinds. There are also 2 loose players to act behind me. Should I fold KK here?

I would go all in, ie go big or go home, take a chance, only my opinion.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Fold. It goes against instinct and takes discipline. From what you describe, they'll take each other out.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Final Table - need to make 6th to advance, 7 players are remaining, I'm 3rd in chips, but the stacks are all very close except for the chip leader who as 5x the amount of chips as me.

UTG+1 is the short stack and goes all-in.
Folds around to me on the BTN, I have KK.
SB has me covered and has demonstrated a willingness to call all-ins.
BB has me covered and is very aggressive and has been going all-in frequently.

This is a SURVIVAL tournament - if I call and lose I will be the short stack with 6 big blinds. There are also 2 loose players to act behind me. Should I fold KK here?

since BB & SB is willing to go all in and next pay level is significantly more - fold and enjoy the next pay jump for free.

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cant fold there, shove and if the others come along you have a good chance of collecting a side pot if you miss the main by chance

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would go all in.. KK wins a very high percentage in my experience.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call to see the flop and hope another king or no ace. With a c bet to follow

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone who gives advice based on their style of play and it is right for them. Only you can decide whether you like to take risks and go olyn or prefer quiet style and ready to drop. In any case, it is you lose your money. You decide how to.

Elcholu

Elcholu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK for me is a very strong hand, and in that situation, covering the opponent's stack, I go all in.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you wanna win, just fold it. Just imagine if one ace come out at the river. Maybe your opponent gat Ak.you will never know... just play the best games... fold the rest... stay peace and relax:driver:

Folding in Poker