Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also don't like rebuy and addon. The intrigue in the game and the fear of the players die.

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes

I normaly do one rebuy.
Add on of course

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most pointless thing is the re-buy. I hate it and do not like to play any tournament with re-buy, even if the re-buy is 0.01c and I have 100 dollars in my cashier.

Reasons: Too many players playing so frivolously and do not paying attention to anything. They go all-in in every hand and re-buy 10 times.

2) Also, the re-buy is not good for people with weak mentality, because the can loose all their money in one tournament.

3) These tournaments with re-buys are so long that you can get bored very easily. I think that there are too much disadvantages of the re-buys than advantages. Most of the people here will agree with me.

Totally agree, 100% friend. Also, if I was eliminated at an early stage of the tournament, it means that I played incorrectly and gave in to emotions. I made a mistake. And I'm going to sort my hands out. And at later stages, I think there is no point in making a re-buy, the stacks are very deep.

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Rebuys are good when you want to gamble on a hand to get a double up or something like that because you have a second chance .I dont usually use rebuys because i am the kinda guy to plays a bit strict and dont call many all ins .

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the option. I would bust out and if I rebuy I would have less than 20
bbs. For me it's not worth it. I would rather wait for the next tournament at the same buy in.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never rebuy in. Feel like I'm behind already in chips by rebuying and at a disadvantage. Maybe that feeling is just me though?

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally prefer freeze outs
but how nice when you play with rebuys and you are doing well since the payments growns, the problem is when you take bad shots and lose repeatedly with worse hands

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. But in the traditional way? Never unlimited...that should not be a thing. And we need to shorten up the time frame. A few rounds. Don't most of us think tournys are getting longer! This is not the wsop.....It is a $5 + .50 lol. Yes longer is probably better for the sites....more rebuys more profit. I think we want....quicker tournys so me can play more in a day.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer rebuys. While I don't rebuy myself, I love the idea of having worst players inflate the prize pool with unlimited amount of rebuys.

Think of it like this, if a drunk is coming into your game willing to spend 20 buy-ins, why are you telling him he can only buy in once?

P

pete_ferret

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hardly ever rebuy

Love rebuy tourneys. Huge fish shoving more of their money in most of the time.

I do not partake though. Well very rarely.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really depends on where you are imo
early in the tourney? rebuy is fine later in the tourney i wouldnt do it

you get like 10/8/6 bbs sometimes while everyone has 40bb+ just doesnt make sense, now if you can do an add-on thats beter than doing a rebuy, more chips for a lower value. otherwise you are just flipping and flipping to get a stack

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the tournament is very advanced, I think it is no longer worth it.

ked717su

ked717su

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do as many as three rebays, if I couldn't get a good stack, then I don't do any more, and I think the addon is not correct and superfluous in the game

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do as many as three rebays, if I couldn't get a good stack, then I don't do any more, and I think the addon is not correct and superfluous in the game

you are thinking too narrowly.
The number of rebuys depends on your skill.
And the quality of the rebuy itself as of late in the tournament.
1. 50BB rebuy.
2. Rebuy 15BB
3. rebuy 5BB

H

HRVATSKIBOGMARS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I dont like rebuy tour because so many players play anti logical poker. They go all in with every two cards and of course so many times their hand is the best. I dont like it and I was sometimes angry because that. In freeze out you must to have more poker skills. That is my opinion.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just curious do you like rebuys or do you hate rebuys?

Do you prefer a MTT with rebuys or Freeze out?

Is there an advantage for rebuys?

Do you need to have more poker skills in freeze outs?

I almost want to avoid rebuys myself as people go all in and call with anything and the rebuy right back in.

Now for the pros they probably say that makes the payout better.

But when you have AA and they have 76s and call an all in raise and hit two pair and take you down, now you have to rebuy or be me at what happened. If I rebir seems like I never recover in the same tournament.

Please give me any tips you may have and how does your bankroll handle those?

Should I just stick to freezeouts or do you recommend that I truly try to get good at rebuys, not that I am any good at freeze outs.....Lol
There will be more players in these tournaments who will buy more chips than in the freerolls. Just like in a freeroll, you need to play your first hand and then fold to be able to rebuy. Being the chip leader at the table is very important, even in a rebuy tournament. In addition to normal hands, I would also play medium pairs and suited hands with 10 or more. I would also play any Ace paired with suited or unsuited cards, limping or accepting up to 4 big blinds. Postflop, you can bet big with top pair, second pair with picture cards, or one-hole flush. Try to get rid of the limpers. If anything, you can do a re-buy.

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I do not think you should re-buy, that is, that is not mandatory, first it depends on your bankroll, you must investigate about it, what I know is because a friend told me one day that I was playing a tournament of that type, I personally do not like to buy back, if they eliminate me I don't start investing what I don't owe, I have come across situations where a player bets everything over and over again and if he loses buyback without stopping, I just try to have a lot of patience and waiting for the right moment, maybe I don't handle it in the right way but we all have different ways of dealing with certain situations

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if the ROI is very interesting.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Somethimes good somethimes bad depend or Tournament and Structure on satellites a rebuy often

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certanentily

In something tournament you only to receive a rewards if you pay the rebuy.

Sometimes, you have a good position, but you can pay a adon and have best more time in your tournament and receive a best rewards

But, o think that rebuy is not good almost all time.

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Its depends on the situation. Sometimes you have a good table, with lots of players which you could think to outplay, but then you loose a hand with bad luck. Especially in early phases of the tourney in which the blinds not so high. Anotther thing is if you loose a big pot and you have no big stack anymore, sometimes it would be profitable to play more risky and if you win is good and if you loose you made a rebuy. It is not good to wait to long and play only made hands. So you get outblinded and card dead. If you get less then 10 bb i would not make a rebuy.

hunterws

hunterws

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please give me any tips you may have and how does your bankroll handle those?

Should I just stick to freezeouts or do you recommend that I truly try to get good at rebuys, not that I am any good at freeze outs.....Lol

I avoid rebuy tourneys, exactly for the reason you describe, so much bluffing until the rebuys stop. If it's one you can't pass up, I usually note the cutoff threshold of the rebuys and play really conservative until that threshold is met. Now the game starts.

Freezeout/Bounty ... when you're winning they're great, when you get taken out, they stink. I played a bounty recently and took out 6 people, that money goes straight to your account even if you get sucked out next hand. When I realized that, I warmed up to them.

If I'm low on patience, I avoid the rebuys ;)

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I even play rebuy tournaments, but I avoid re-entering. I don't like it much for the same reason you gave, players making the game luckier than anything else, just because I have re-entry, I prefer to enter a tournament with more expensive entry than make 2 or 3 rebuys.