Rebuy Yes or No!

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s not so import but I prefer tournament without rebuy and if with a rebuy, max. 2.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rebuy are useful especially in MTT and in cases that are cheap satellites. Usually i rebuy only at KO tournaments and only if first i have won a satellite for the second rebuy. If it happens that i have more than 3 satellites i often use the tournament money to secure for a bigger ko.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i dont like rebuys ...it is to loose game

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it won't hurt your bankroll then it's good to rebuy. A lot of players play very loose in early stages and a lot of weak player will do some weird plays early on.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play satelittes for a big tournament

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind the rebuys and I don't mind people going in with any 2 to gamble and try to get a stack. All you can do is call with better and over time you'll come out ahead.

TheIpS

TheIpS

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like tournaments with unlimited rebuys. Maximum one or two and add-on

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally don't play them. If I am going to rebuy, I prefer to do that in a cash game. I prefer freezeouts when I play a tournament.

If you do decide to play a rebuy/re-entry, know which one you are in as it will affect the cost, and also be prepared to rebuy a few times. Understand how many rebuys you will allow for yourself and under what circumstances. Having that game plan set up ahead of time is very helpful as you approach how you are going to play.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also don't like rebuy games because the players play less responsibly. But if the prizes are good, then I buy it myself.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to rebut up to a certain level, anything less then 20bb and I just give up.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at least one time is good to rebuy

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I prefer freeze out mtts rather than rebuy mtts, but if I was deciding whether to rebuy or not, I think it depends on the situation, like how many bbs do you get for it and how close to the bubble/payouts is it.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i personally dont like rebuy tournaments because when a player plays bad and gets eliminated he / she can rebuy and then in the end have more chips than someone who played good . and because rebuy tournaments take a lot longer to finish

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was just curious do you like rebuys or do you hate rebuys?

Do you prefer a MTT with rebuys or Freeze out? Freeze out

Is there an advantage for rebuys? YES

Do you need to have more poker skills in freeze outs? NO

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
All $ is good $. It's like tournaments for ring-gamers. Who doesn't like a bigger prize-pool? :dontknow:

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since with bankroll control, rebuy is a good option. You can risk going all-in with premium hands to build a solid stack and if you get a badbeat you can re-enter by taking a more conservative stance. However, you must be responsible for managing your bankroll and not play loose just because you have the possibility of re-entry.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't really like playing rebuy tournaments but when I play depending on whether I had a lot at the beginning and I fall into the tournament I usually do rebuys, I don't like playing very much because players play anyway because there are rebuys

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always do 1-2 rebuys and always addon

tenk27

tenk27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you must, it is better to leave for adona.:)

J

Justashot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much of a rebuy or add-on type. I know its silly thinking you should get just one chance, but if I bust out, I'm just not inclined to pay to try again.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just curious do you like rebuys or do you hate rebuys?

Do you prefer a MTT with rebuys or Freeze out?

Is there an advantage for rebuys?

Do you need to have more poker skills in freeze outs?

I almost want to avoid rebuys myself as people go all in and call with anything and the rebuy right back in.

Now for the pros they probably say that makes the payout better.

But when you have AA and they have 76s and call an all in raise and hit two pair and take you down, now you have to rebuy or be me at what happened. If I rebir seems like I never recover in the same tournament.

Please give me any tips you may have and how does your bankroll handle those?

Should I just stick to freezeouts or do you recommend that I truly try to get good at rebuys, not that I am any good at freeze outs.....Lol

I prefer freezout. but I also play in rebuy tournaments.
If you play rebuy tournament, you have less chance of not being really good players in the end.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if by the end of late registration I can't get a big stack, then I play variance and try to go all in, even with weak hands, rebuy is always like insurance, and I always do addon

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigjay wants to know

I love rebuys I feel there bigger pots looser playing, and the final table payouts alot bigger. I say when everybody plays loose I play tight.....:joyman::deal:

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think being able to rebuys can help players who have a lot of money and disadvantage others because they will open their game and do anything :smile::rolleyes: