Rebuy Yes or No!

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely do not like games with rebuys, there is only one opportunity, if it didn’t work out, there is no point in playing in this tournament, I will register in another tournament or even in a poker room. About 80% of those who take the rebuy are already on tilt !!!

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DONT LIKE REBUYS BUT IT DOES ADD TO MONEY IF PLACE PEOPLE PLAY LOOSE

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I preffering frezouts. But re-entry is allright, but only maximum 3 re-entry.

Unlimitted is massive tilt maker :) is very easy lost all bankrol in one day.

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuy

In PKO MTTs defently not rebuy.
In regular Structure it depands, if you goal is to win the tournamant, you better play from the start. If your goal is to min cash so you better buy in in the last minute. That why in sattelites its better to buy in in the last minute.
I hope it was helpful.

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I preffering frezouts. But re-entry is allright, but only maximum 3 re-entry.

Unlimitted is massive tilt maker :) is very easy lost all bankrol in one day.

Some times you can take advantage from that.
In unlimited rebuy tournaments people will tent to play more loose, unlike frezouts tournaments people tent to play more tight ( wsop main event for exemple ).

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I even play rebuy tournaments, but I avoid re-entering. I don't like it much for the same reason you gave, players making the game luckier than anything else, just because I have re-entry, I prefer to enter a tournament with more expensive entry than make 2 or 3 rebuys.

I understand that sometimes the game is much more loose and luck base,
but a good player can take this to his adventage and exploit the overly loose players.
For me rebuys tournaments are the most profitable!
Try to adjust your game to the wide ranges of your opponents,
you will see that in the long run its profitable.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Some times you can take advantage from that.
In unlimited rebuy tournaments people will tent to play more loose, unlike frezouts tournaments people tent to play more tight ( WSOP main event for exemple ).
I agree with you, in tournaments with rebuys you need to play more tight, and you don't need to do rebuys, let your opponents do them, then these tournaments will be more profitable for you.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would only get rebuy\addons if the ROI is good for MTT structure and reasonable skill level vs field/

The only exception is playing a homegame.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer freezeout turbo tournaments because I usually don't have much time to play and I can't spend 6-7 hours or more to play a poker tournament.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always check the payout to see what place I have finish in just to recover my buy ins. However this is really not relevant because figuring in the first buy in shouldn't be a factor because that is a sunk cost, it is already gone no matter what you do. The main factor really should be at what blinds do you not rebuy in. If you are buying in where you are already short 10 to 15 BB then I don't think it is worth it.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game with the rebuy seems to me not a responsible game.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Based on my experience so far, any time I used rebuy, finished the tournament without any money (despite I played carefully). I just didn't get more usable cards anymore. So by now I have come to the conclusion that I am not playing any more tournaments where there is a rebuy option.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally i don't like rebuys. You must manage your stake as good as it's possible to not be out. I think it's generally fair to have only one chance to achieve a tournament.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I used to play at least 1 rebuy tournament almost every day on pokerstars, it was every day at 8 p.m. and the prizes were very good and then I sometimes did rebuy. But today the tournaments are different and you get more if you make it to the itm than in normal tournaments, but people also play a lot more loosely than before in the rebuy tournaments, so they have always played loosely but I can see that this has gotten worse. Now I rarely play rebuys and when I play it I try to do it more without rebuy, but when I do rebuy I try to consider how far it is to the itm and how much it is. Some people pay and pay and spend more than what they can win in the end, they are happy to have made it into the money but have made a minus instead of a plus and then the rebuy makes no sense for me. Now, when I play rebuy, I usually play without rebuy, including the reentries that you often see at tournaments, I try to reentries as little as possible. so i don't say never but very seldom. If I can't do it without rebuy or reentrie, then it doesn't matter much for me to keep trying and can then try better somewhere else

LMB

LMB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All members

I am Pharaoh Ramses 2 and in this regard I usually play often at tables with buybacks but I try not to make the purchase effective since they have late registration and they become very very long, before that I prefer to save money for a next opportunity. Cheers :ciao::icon_fara

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have no problem with rebuy tournaments even if I need to use them.
But I don't agree with unlimited rebuys, it usually makes the tournament very long and undermines it

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
It's good that way increases the well and you have the revenge

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
rebuy

i am for no rebuy option in a tournement...its take the joy of poker away if u lose , u lose ...there will always be next...:))

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's early enough, sure! There's always a cutoff, though, and it's usually before the rebuy period ends that it is no longer worth it...

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Yes and no :) When i playing freezouts a strategy is different i playing more TAG. trying to play small ball.
When is re buy tournamet, i like to play LAG making more blufs, making a a big pression on opponent.
trying to hit some two pairs with hand like Kx, Ax, Qx suited, Jx Suited, or even flush. Player ho is tight will have a strong decision to fols his AK when Hit a pair, or i crack aces or kings with flush well.
Suiuted connectors and bordways also are very good to dounle up, hit a good straight draw or gutshot and hit it, and eating fishes with AA KK QQ :p

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like rebuy tournaments. I try not to participate in these, regardless of whether it is a freeroll or a small buy-in.

T

toto_uni

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Es dificil jugar un torneo de Recompra. porque nunca sabes si tu rival podra reingresar muchas o pocas veces.

47Belarus

47Belarus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope.I don't like re-buy tournaments. Always some goes all-in. Lose, re-buy and again...