Rebuy Yes or No!

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me i hate rebuys cause it makes the game longer and people play real crazy cause they know they could just rebuy

I agree with you about people go crazy in tournaments with rebuy. A player who normally don’t play with a pour hand will try all in with just cause they have money to pay rebuys.

M

markmu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you about people go crazy in tournaments with rebuy. A player who normally don’t play with a pour hand will try all in with just cause they have money to pay rebuys.

Yes, that's the point. So i don't like rebuys either. And i also don't like these addons, which are available in some tournaments.

keontayB

keontayB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really prefer rebuy..
Especially when there is a small price if you dont make the final table..

I usually only rebuy on tournaments where i can win my money back even if i finish around the 50-60.

For example in the unibet betting freeroll.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why not? in terms of big goals, very cool! There are not one, but two, and sometimes more chances to win. I vote YES

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a fan of buying back but it is a possibility that can help many poker players.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not usually. If you are knocked out on a bad beat or are just simply feeling a little tilted then especially not. I have bought back in to a few tourneys before but I think its not logical if its late in the rebuy period. You are starting at a big disadvantage the later you rebuy.
Completely agree with that. I rarely rebuy late in the tournament, and never if I am somehow annoyed about, what happened. I also never rebuy or late register in bounty tournaments, because then I am not even contending for the full price pool. However if I get coolered early in a tournament, then I rebuy, since there is just no reason not to. This was hand number 11 in a small 2,2$ tournament, I played last sunday. I rebought after losing my last 68 chips in the next hand and went on to win the entire tournament.

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/aa1yzmW9

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your mental state. If you just got sucked out on and are tilted. Rebuy is a bad idea. If you feeling good and think you can win you might as well reload and fire another bullet or 2. I think my advice is check in with yourself take a couple mins to really see where you're at mentally before you rebuy!:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not really a fan of the rebuy,just don't like facing the same player twice when it's hard enough to make it to the bubble :rolleyes: just my opinion :)

The Riff_Raff :cool:

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rebuys are ok if they limit it to say 2 or3 because someone is always going all in every hand till they hit.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it depends on how I feel about my chances of winning. I don't generally rebuy unless it's very cheap and the potential reward is a strong multiplier. If I go out early I just accept the fact that I'm not having a good day and leave. I usually will go for the add-on, although not all add-ons are the same. I won a R&A tourney recently without rebuying or adding on. It was very rare lucky day for me so there was no need.

K

KidPoker98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1) I don't like buybacks
2) I do not care if you have a rebuy or not, what I do not like is that the rebuy is greater than the initial chips or that you can double your chips at the beginning with the rebuy
3) Yes, you are not left out of the xD tournament!
4) The limit depends, since if it is micro-low most of them play loose and on average they win the pot with worse cards than ours

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate the rebuys tournaments. I prefer tournaments in which there is no late registration.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
That's why you play rebuy tournaments to have a second chance .If you can't afford the rebuy you should know that limping from opponents at those tourneys is very regular thing

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It`s no problem for me to make re-buy.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unlimited rebuy trnys with low-mid buy-ins are the worst.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes play tournaments with rebuys - but no one will force me to play in a tournament with mandatory purchases ( these are purchases without which you can not hope to succeed in this tournament)! When the starting stack is several times smaller than the buy - in, it makes it pointless to participate in this tournament without a buy-in!

M

maximburlacu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't rebuy, if I get to the addon it's good, I prefer to register in another tournament with the same buy-in.:cool:

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the most pointless thing is the re-buy. I hate it and do not like to play any tournament with re-buy, even if the re-buy is 0.01c and I have 100 dollars in my cashier.

Reasons: Too many players playing so frivolously and do not paying attention to anything. They go all-in in every hand and re-buy 10 times.

2) Also, the re-buy is not good for people with weak mentality, because the can loose all their money in one tournament.

3) These tournaments with re-buys are so long that you can get bored very easily. I think that there are too much disadvantages of the re-buys than advantages. Most of the people here will agree with me.

bylly3

bylly3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the prize.
I can see the pros usually rebuy if the tournament offers good rewards.

T

tuSavvy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of rebuy. The thought of loosing more than once in a single game is terrifying

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i do like rebuys ,its giving you a second chance but what i like the most is that you will have addon when you finish registration period , anyway as you said the prize pool will be higher with rebuys ,so with a small amount you can win big prises

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like rebuys, even though most of the time people play with their luck and not with your skills ! but i prefer mtt without rebuys, maybe in this tournaments you play with more conscience.

O

olegshubin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I register in a rebuy tournament, I try to play as in a regular tournament. Anything can happen and even with the strongest hand you can lose, so rebuy is an additional protection against the cooler. Rebuy - yes!

H3kf

H3kf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuy is good, but 3 and more is bad idea I think

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only have issues with tournaments that allow rebuys very late in the the levels. I've seen a guy re-buy multiple times when it got really late in a tournament and basically had 2 BB when he re-bought. He all-in after each re-buy with any two cards and eventually triple up. After 10+ rebuys, he didn't even make it to the money.