Chips
probably cause you aren't allowed to berate other CC members

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He has been warned many, many times in the past about his disrespectful attitute towards others CCers. There have been incidents in the past where members actually left due to his remarks/attitude. Honestly, he had every opportunity to change his ways after repeated warnings, but chose not to. Disagreement is fine over issues, lines of play of a hand, etc. Disrespect is not. This is not to say that good-natured banter between members is disallowed. Blue, as always, took things too far and was frequently downright harrassing/disparaging with his remarks. Perhaps if he had applied some of those "life skills" which he insisted he didn't need he'd still be with us.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
guessed as much i just wondered what the specific event was

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not witness it, but from my understanding it was a CC league event and he was in typical "Blue" form against another long-time member. I know he had been warned earlier, specifically, about his behaviour in league events and what was permissable and what was not.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pity he couldnt keep his shit in line,

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
guessed as much i just wondered what the specific event was
Quite often can be figured out if you click on the member's player profile, then click on all posts, peruse last posts (although sometimes some of them might be deleted) & you'll usually get a good idea (but not always).
pity he couldnt keep his shit in line,
agreed.

archangelzx

archangelzx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
finally someone done something about that guy.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite often can be figured out if you click on the member's player profile, then click on all posts, peruse last posts (although sometimes some of them might be deleted) & you'll usually get a good idea (but not always).

agreed.

this is what i did but icouldnt find anything offensive haha so i just asked.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I really wish this thread would DIE. lol.

I look like an idiot in the begining bc I was hard headed on my leak (open 3x). I've since learned to apply 2.2-2.5x raise pre. and it is all due to those who have provided tips/suggestions. So thank you all :)

Now die thread! DIEEEEE!

*If you guys still want to talk about Blue, I don't mind.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i expect both of you to post in tournament reviews when i figure out how to upload histories btw

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you + PO, plus whoever else is keen

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yah doooo eeeettt :)

My tourney game appreciates it :)

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not witness it, but from my understanding it was a CC league event and he was in typical "Blue" form against another long-time member. I know he had been warned earlier, specifically, about his behaviour in league events and what was permissable and what was not.

Dunno about this guy but there should be a few others that get that treatment hence why i quit this league 2 seasons ago and dunno if i even want to get involved this season.

i try to open raise, i get nervous raising when many people have limped in but if i want to play my hand i will try top norrow down the field but if its me raising it up that usually induces ever limper to call lol

what i hate is you raise should not induce all in pushes, i keep trying to judge people ranges (even though i suck at doing this) to see where i can cap a persons bet range 4 limpers i raise, i excpet one of these people to either reraise me then i can start trying to figure out what im up against and hopefully norrow out any other raiser (or limpers) but if a re-raise just induce and all in push and they flip QQ or worse i dunno what i have deduced, if i get an allin push like this how low should i assume they would do this QQ-88. Plus I hate giving the bb and sb a chance for the big blind special which sometimes can devaste your game

Last edited:
STL420

STL420

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First thing I always asked myself is what are my opponents min-raising with because I would not min-raise myself but I like being involved in pots with people who do. All I have to figure out is what hands they value or wait to their hands are shown down. I find that many people min-raise in many of the MTT tournaments. Min-raising invites trouble because the bet is too weak and we will not get enough information from this play. I feel a min-raise is a leak in a person's game. However, many people have plans for the bet and if they are comfortable with this play then it is fine all though, people have the free will to play any two cards and bet what ever they want but I embrace the people who do min-raise.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Dunno about this guy but there should be a few others that get that treatment hence why i quit this league 2 seasons ago and dunno if i even want to get involved this season.

i try to open raise, i get nervous raising when many people have limped in but if i want to play my hand i will try top norrow down the field but if its me raising it up that usually induces ever limper to call lol

what i hate is you raise should not induce all in pushes, i keep trying to judge people ranges (even though i suck at doing this) to see where i can cap a persons bet range 4 limpers i raise, i excpet one of these people to either reraise me then i can start trying to figure out what im up against and hopefully norrow out any other raiser (or limpers) but if a re-raise just induce and all in push and they flip QQ or worse i dunno what i have deduced, if i get an allin push like this how low should i assume they would do this QQ-88. Plus I hate giving the bb and sb a chance for the big blind special which sometimes can devaste your game

First thing you should work on is judging villains ranges (very important). Also if you're raising limpers generally you shouldn't have to be worried about a 4bet. Don't raise limpers unless you're sure you have them. Simple as that. Otherwise, if you're worried about being 4bet just flat pre. Nothing wrong with limping, just open limping thats awful.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
First thing I always asked myself is what are my opponents min-raising with because I would not min-raise myself but I like being involved in pots with people who do. All I have to figure out is what hands they value or wait to their hands are shown down. I find that many people min-raise in many of the MTT tournaments. Min-raising invites trouble because the bet is too weak and we will not get enough information from this play. I feel a min-raise is a leak in a person's game. However, many people have plans for the bet and if they are comfortable with this play then it is fine all though, people have the free will to play any two cards and bet what ever they want but I embrace the people who do min-raise.

I would suggest you read the entire thread.

You're going to run into players(like me) who are min raising all hands including AA KK QQ AK. You kno, hands that have you dominated and are just milking you're stack. I think I speak for most when I say "we want your action".

This thread is a good read for those who are torn on the issue.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It's all good now bruddah... Come get you some. :handkiss:

-

STL420

STL420

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am hoping my opponents min-raise with AA, KK, etc... The hands I would play against these hands, are the hands that will out draw these hands. I hit the flop with hand I have chose; If I have read my opponent right most will not lay those big hands down and if I do not hit my flop I go away and I do not put money behind on the flop. Because people min-raise so much it is very profitable and I am also putting a person on an exact hand not just shooting from the hip.

B

beerzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's deep in a tournament with big blinds+antes don't mind at all min raising from any pos.

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First you have to know how the table is playing . Are the players limping and having 3 to 5 players in a hand ? are the players betting and having only 2 to 3 players in a hand ?

With out this information you are running a big pocket pair into trouble . With multi players in a hand you will have players playing connectors, or suited cards against you and maybe even suited connectors . so the way the players are playing has a very important part of your decisions in these spots .

The average winning hand in holdem is 2 pair . going into a 4 or 5 player pot looking for top pair and top kicker isnt math matically a good move . it devalues your hand value but the ev is great . by leveling off you percentage to win the hand with inviting more players to attend the hand will make it harder to bring home the money .

If you have self control to be able to release the hand then you may try this at certain times when the time is right . but being able to fold a big pocket pair most cant fold them .

The best way to limp or min raise with hands like these would be when the table is limping with 1 or 2 player coning into the pot . in other words you have a limping table and you know they will fold if you raise too much .

As a player gets more advanced on their reading skills they will recognize these situations and come into pots with hands that will not just win the hand but will take it down . Like have the straight , or flush . taking away the possible 2 pair or set that will beat most players playing for top pair .

Just a thought for the day good luck and may your limping become successful :)

gus201

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am hoping my opponents min-raise with AA, KK, etc... The hands I would play against these hands, are the hands that will out draw these hands. I hit the flop with hand I have chose; If I have read my opponent right most will not lay those big hands down and if I do not hit my flop I go away and I do not put money behind on the flop. Because people min-raise so much it is very profitable and I am also putting a person on an exact hand not just shooting from the hip.

this is so dumb. deep in a tourney everyones going to have like 20bb's tops, which means you cant call random shit to try and outflop their premiums profitably- ie; when they have a big pair and you call you own yourself longterm. not to mention, why are we flatting late in a tourney?