Open Min Raise...Good or Bad??

R

RightCharlie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm totally on board with raising 2.5BB from $100BB upwards and I can see how it would be great to have someone calling your min-raise AA or KK from BB but what happens when your stealing with trash and you get called? Are you not getting re-raised a lot with this strategy? I think it's putting me in a lot of positions I don't want to be in because a lot of players will re-raise minimum raises with a wide range so it's hard if not impossible to put them on a hand when you're min raising.

This is not really me disagreeing just wondering how people deal with these issues.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't min-raise with a 100bb stack - you do it when stacks are shorter.

And additionally, one of the points of min-raising is that you are playing less exploitably since it's less profitable for people to bluff 3bet you.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't min-raise with a 100bb stack - you do it when stacks are shorter.

And additionally, one of the points of min-raising is that you are playing less exploitably since it's less profitable for people to bluff 3bet you.

He didn't say 100bb stack, he said when blinds are over $100, i.e more than 50/100

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah I misinterpreted.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm totally on board with raising 2.5BB from $100BB upwards and I can see how it would be great to have someone calling your min-raise AA or KK from BB but what happens when your stealing with trash and you get called? Are you not getting re-raised a lot with this strategy? I think it's putting me in a lot of positions I don't want to be in because a lot of players will re-raise minimum raises with a wide range so it's hard if not impossible to put them on a hand when you're min raising.

This is not really me disagreeing just wondering how people deal with these issues.

Widen your 4-bet bluff range. If they peel c-bet more often.

NeverEnough

NeverEnough

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It def takes some learning to use it effectively. Thats all.
No doubt. I may try it again the next time I play. I would like to have another trick in my bag. ;)

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok Ovitooo tomarrow we start this 50 game heads up. Ill be on about 11:00 am central time

for the home game info youll need to post in here . Ill have some players coming to watch just like you so you will have to except them too .

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ok Ovitooo tomarrow we start this 50 game heads up. Ill be on about 11:00 am central time

for the home game info youll need to post in here . Ill have some players coming to watch just like you so you will have to except them too .

Hey gussy:)

I apoligize. I will be unavailable tomorrow during the day bc I have a wake to attend. As well as a funeral on Sunday. I will most likely be on tomorrow night and Sunday night so if you are available then we can get started.

And just a reminder, I asked if you could post a pic of this avatar you want me have. I have already presented your sig. Please do the same.

Thanks boss.

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey gussy:)

I apoligize. I will be unavailable tomorrow during the day bc I have a wake to attend. As well as a funeral on Sunday. I will most likely be on tomorrow night and Sunday night so if you are available then we can get started.

And just a reminder, I asked if you could post a pic of this avatar you want me have. I have already presented your sig. Please do the same.

Thanks boss.

Sorry to hear that my wishes go out to you . Ill be around just [post in here when you get on .

For the avatar Just type in

Richard
SKULL
and save it then up load it not sure if you need to make into picture or not .If you do just take a snap shot of it :)

gus201

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sorry to hear that my wishes go out to you . Ill be around just [post in here when you get on .

For the avatar Just type in

Richard
SKULL
and save it then up load it not sure if you need to make into picture or not .If you do just take a snap shot of it :)

gus201

Don't be sorry. Thank you tho. It's actually a really good, but long, story so I won't go on about it. It's my uncle who was given 3 yrs to live...12 yrs ago. He's fought enough and it's good he isn't anymore.

But anyways....

What your saying is you just want my avatar to be the words "Richard Skull"?
I don't kno what that is. Doesn't seem fair considering what your sig is/could be but if you say so. I'm down.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What your saying is you just want my avatar to be the words "Richard Skull"?
I don't kno what that is. Doesn't seem fair considering what your sig is/could be but if you say so. I'm down.
LOL.

Think of two different words that mean the same as those two words, and perhaps it will make sense. ;)

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your table image.

If they're constantly folding to you, and you get a big PP, min raising might be just the ticket.

-

This ^. Except I would say that a min raise here might actually look weak regardless and will likely get called at least by a wide range of hands. Maybe I'm old school myself but 3x or more ensures no flop seen without paying for it. It will also give you a good idea of the hand range of your opponent.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This might be the best thread derail in the history of thread derails.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
LOL.

Think of two different words that mean the same as those two words, and perhaps it will make sense. ;)

Ahaha I get it now. I already concluded the Richard was d*** but now I understand.

Fair enough:)