• Start date
P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience and luck, as there are so many maniacs.
Seems like my luck isn't that great at all because i end up in situations where when i get a stronger hand than the other players, or one on one all-in pre flop, they hit and i don't.which makes me feel like pokerstars doing that on purpose sigh.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In addition to learning how to play against loose (really loose) aggressive play, freerolls also provide an opportunity to try new strategies without risking the bankroll.

I have noticed the freerolls that pay top 5 or top 10 (instead of top 10% - 16%) are much more maniacal. I generally agree with others who have suggested "picking your spots" with premium hands. I typically try to double up with a top 10% range hand early on, if I double up I can go deep, if I bust out I've wasted very little time.

Perhaps try to pick freerolls that pay more than the top 5 or 10. Yes, it will take you longer to build your bankroll because you'll be earning far less with a non-final table cash - but you might be less frustrated.
Agreed but freerolls are sickening especially when someone calls an all in with the worst hand in the game preflop and burst you out! Or hit trips on you when you're one on one with them. Makes me feel like pokerstars always play the worst hand actually.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wait for 3 percent of the range and play an all in one.

Sent from my PRA-TL10 using CardsChat mobile app
I mostly play that way in all freerolls. My worst all in pre-flop hand would be AQ but i don't go all in against solid players until i get enough information or i have AA's, KK or QQ pre-flop action.

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take gambles early in free roll i mean people crazy at the start of these you have to avoid the land mines but if you gonna take one take it early as not to waste too much of your time later in a free roll game will come back to rational level and once you are in deep stages most people are just like you trying to get a win hope this helps you out on my views

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
let the music relax and play if you fall on one you always have another tournament, happiness is crucial and you just do not need to rush:D:D:D:D:D;)

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too much B.S. in playing freerolls. Its where only a 2 7 off cracks pocket AA's :eek:

N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate freerolls. But all I can afford at the moment. So many times I go in with AA or KK and get called down with some J3-os to see a flop of J3... So... I remind myself it is free, and wait 30 min and try again... I am also a fan of last minute late registration, yeah I am short stack, but most "all-in crazy people" have eliminated themselves.

S

shadow72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In addition to playing freerolls the right way, you also have to have the proper mental attitude - and by that I mean you have to be prepared to be knocked out by a bad player with bad cards, as many players will play super loose because there's nothing lost if they bust out.

I personally play fairly tight early on, and wait to get my chips in the middle in the right spots. Later on in the tournament, I play a more "normal" style of poker.

Effe44

Effe44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT!!!

Players want to see many Flops and play very loose - often extreme loose, so You can see crap hands like j5s 73s etc.

Wait for your spots and play tight and aggressive. If You have the Nuts go for it many players can not fold a pair on the board or when they hit sth..

Try not to bluff or regulary steal blinds - did not work.

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well you can't believe the assistance that just got deleted

so this is the third time dang it I click submit it says the token has expressed click back to proceed and its all gone twice.
so you get the super condensed approach
Tight aggressive to start, middle widen range increase aggression, call anything that won't cripple your stack, late tighten up increase aggression and deceptive play. Hope for the best.
:damnmate:
Good Luck

S

ShadyLady57

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls

I try to get in as much free rolls as I can. I wait until I am stacked good and then sit out going in every now and then so they don't kick me out. Some do if they see no play.
Those players drop like flies! My thing is why waste your time with 1k or more players when they will be gone in a matter of time anyway. That's when I start to play.
Although this can't be done unless you are super stacked. Right or wrong that's how I play them. Any thoughts?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so this is the third time dang it I click submit it says the token has expressed click back to proceed and its all gone twice.
so you get the super condensed approach
Tight aggressive to start, middle widen range increase aggression, call anything that won't cripple your stack, late tighten up increase aggression and deceptive play. Hope for the best.
:damnmate:
Good Luck

This is great advice. Takes some research on what works for me and in what position to know what gets the green flag when playing tight and what gets that when loosening up a bit. Good luck with your game plan!

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freeroll advice

Hi There

Large number freerolls are a complete lottery, finding private, high standard freerolls like CC are rare - the beauty is you can develop your game and improve whilst not having large numbers in there..that said - i have a bad feeling that passwords are being leaked and i hope the team catch whoever is responsible..keep CC special!

Best Wishes for your game

pirateglenn

S

ShadyLady57

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And that's exactly what happens. In case you didn't see my post, I wait until I get super stacked and sit out. Going in a hand every now and then because some sites will kick you off if they see no play. If I stay in, like you said it's a waste of my time and I also run the risk of playing a hand and someone sucking out...most of them are fish!

S

ShadyLady57

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are plenty of fish in the free rolls. Just be patient and they'll drop like flies! The only problem I see is that if you have top hand and go all in some fish will call with anything!

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that doesn't guarantee anything, some donkey will move from 10

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of people play really bad at the beginning, and I have a hard time dealing with the variance of just going all in 5-6 times at the early stages. That being said, my strategy is typically to see a lot of cheap flops early on and build a decent stack for when the blinds start to climb. When the blinds do start to go up, I will have a playable chip-status index CSI (aka harrington's "M"). I aim for about 15-17 CSI. I will constantly monitor this stat and adjust my play throughout the middle/late stages depending on my CSI. I like to raise every hand I play 3x the big blind and I only change that bet depending on how many callers there are in the hand. I add a multiple of the BB for every caller. I try steal a lot of pots around the bubble and when my CSI is low. As cliche as it sounds, I never play to make the money, I always play to win.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the prize pool of the freeroll I think with how serious people play. The best strategy is tight aggressive with good hands.

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the strategy that I use is play with strong hands at the beginning and then play agressive depending of my stack

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People that chase str8's and flushes take Buses

That's so true and so funny but that doesn't mean they won't suck out on you and take you out. Sure they will give it all to someone else that probably isn't as good a player as you are later on that didn't get unlucky. WAAAAA !! The downfall of the poker averages over the long run. They don't help you on that day or another day. Just the delight in knowing that someone else will benefit from this person's mistakes later in the event.
And you'll continue to play Solid poker so the odds will stay true.
:rock::rock::rock:​

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On PokerStar they had 10,000 player freerolls for CASH payout.

Freerools are not that easy to win.I saw AA lose to 33 or AK be smashed by 9T and some low pairs best premium hands.My strategy is try to win 2 or 3 all in and wait the others players to kill themselves so, in the middle phase I try to steal some bbs in position.

Before Black Friday and before I moved to real money I used to Cash in these giant tournaments average one or two a week and take 1st average once a month and Collect a whopping $7. It was BIG Time lol.​

Now playing live I run about 70-80% cashes. Top 5 or win about 20-25%.
In 2016 my ROI was only 980%ish forgot exactly. but that's close.
Just starting back online so in a practicing mode but soon my shark scope will show similar results,

:saint::heeeellll:saint:

LemonAmnezia

LemonAmnezia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the best way to play queens 6-handed?

S

seawolf84

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when i start to play freerolls was hard to play for me, because i play from 5 months at all, i see many of players how playing agresive aways some body is all-in. In the start i was only loosing, but now 30-40% of freerolls i take some rewards, no matter small or big, important is that i take. Just play and watch the situations!

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to try to double your stack as quickly as possible, without being afraid of being eliminated quickly, in the early stages you will have more bingo than poker, but you should always play the best you can.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just won second in a acr 10$ freeroll...its not hard u just need to wade thru the junk at the start and then later on yes know how to leverage ur chips for all ins where u can steal extremely large blinds...i survive alone on blind stealing it tourneys like those

Freeroll Passwords