• Start date
Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience, patience and again patience. Patient wins!!

P

piko_bianko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As Annie Duke have said, the most valuable time is when you don't play a hand.
I wait, color-code players and take notes based to what I see from them, raising or going all in.
After 2-3 showdowns of a player I play the odds.
for example if I see a player going early all-ins with Kx, Qx and Jx suited or not, it is safe to assume that I probably dominate him/her with a AJ or higher, so I can even call an otherwise unreasonable all-in.
As most of you mentioned, some other players shove with 78 or 89 and so on, so I act accordingly. Against those, A8 or higher and KQ, KJ is usually enough.
In my experience, playing tight isn't doing any good because most of freeroll tournaments are turbo, and blinds fly away quickly.

Popaye

Popaye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Win plan is play agressive if u have very strong hands, high pairs or AK, QK

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
freerolls can be won, of course, if you only have to take into account that very few players will play seriously, you will see many in there that do not make sense or bets that have no senses, you only need: patience, apply the knowledge you have, a little of luck and follow your instinct

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play freerolls like anyone tournament, same players, same strategy.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a lot of cheap peeks at the flop early on, I also get loose very early on because that extra stack I find intimidates other players, and if I can get that stack sooner than later, I have that extra advantage for every one of my hands.

Key for me though is backing down if I need to, but remember, in free rolls people will be shoving with 7 2 off suit- so freerolls are a great time to watch player behavior, because it's easy to not care I find.

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gamble

I think you have to be willing to risk all-ins that you wouldn't in a "real" tournament. If you don't get a buncha chips early you're not gonna win. As others have said it switches over to more normal poker about halfway through, but if you haven't gambled early you're going to be facing the 10 big-blind-bet decision pretty soon if you didn't win some big early hands.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played freerolls a lot. Only strategy that works is to play with very tight range in the beginning of the tournament, never mind because someone else has 10x bigger stack because it’s made of bingo all in( easy comes, easy goes) Just play your best poker and you will be fine, remember you need 2 all ins in right time with good cards and you are big stack

R

reppair

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some nice advice here as well. More hands played the better!

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play smart - tight aggressive be super lucky, and do not be unlucky. That's how you win a freeroll .

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play any one way on freerolls because there's a lot of different scenarios. If you only play premium hands that's no guarantee of a win. I see a lot of guys that are one move wonders that don't win when they're deeper in a tournament. They shove with the premiums and get called by worse that wins. I think you've got to mix it up. Don't let them see you coming.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight and aggressive. Play big hands , and let the fish knockout each other while you patiently wait for your turn. Running good helps!!!!

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play freerolls the same way you would play any other buyin tournament

Hi.
Freeroll needs to be played like any other tournament. You need to be concentrated and wait for good cards. Patience is the key to success.
Good luck.

play the same way you would play any buyin event. Take it serious and play as if you are taking the entire tournament down!

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's the way it goes:
You play 4 hours, enjoy laying back, making some moves, gettin to know the unknown players and take it down after a real war of rebuying again and again and again of a whale that made some money and can't withdrawal,and just playing around with this fool, while the shark is waiting to meet one of you heads up and sucks deep...your skills at the HU
BTW, I was chatting all the time like a reg rec player, and I gues he (the shark) thought he could take me out whenever he wants)
When we came to HU, I had 3 times his chips, so easy going, I just betted him out most of the hands and yep, I got lucky (or was it the suited connectors?):
Winning Poker Network - 1,500/3,000 NL - Holdem - 2 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 80.52 BB
BB: 6.48 BB

2 players post ante of 0.1 BB, Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.7 BB) Hero has 7 8

Hero raises to 2 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.2 BB, 2 players) 6 4 T
BB checks, Hero bets 1 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Turn: (6.2 BB, 2 players) 9
BB checks, Hero bets 3.1 BB, BB raises to 3.38 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 0.28 BB

River: (12.96 BB, 2 players) 9

Hero shows 7 8 (Straight, Ten High) (Pre 39%, Flop 57%, Turn 100%)
BB shows K T (Two Pair, Tens and Nines) (Pre 61%, Flop 43%, Turn 0%)
Hero wins 12.96 BB
I took it down, I got my ticket and as I say: I deserved it, no luck involved :):stupido:

Last edited:
milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyway, any tournament should be played according to the classical scheme. Wait for a good hand and then your patience will receive a reward. This at the beginning of the tournament a lot of these players. The main thing will last till the time when bad players leave the tournament. Those that will remain will play with the least amount of Allin.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like every other MTT out there, your at the mercy of the site. Like you can AA delt 50x but if no one has anything to play back at you then youre not going to go deep. Here when you know youre gonna to go deep in any MTT. You know those hands that you usually lose with Ace high or third pair, suddenly you start winning those 10bb pots then everytime you have a big hand someone has the biggest hand under it. So if someone doesnt have the 2nd nuts you arent gonna get much value. Yea you can win all those small pots but the sites usually correct that with one big hand. You also win MTT by havning your hands hold up and not having stupid short stack hands keep sucking you out to take bits and pieces. People put a lot of emphasis on skill but if most look at their HHs, they see what it really is. Poker is an illusion and that one game out 50 where all these places fit into place YOU WILL WIN. if one does not, YOU WILL LOSE. plus I want all these slot machine pieces to fit together in BIG games not free rolls. Also dont forget sites tend to reward players that buy in 5-6x a game, those guys seems to take down a lot of games. WHich makes no sense since We are all taught to play the MTT from the beginning but **** it 5th buyin 5 BB left. the sites seem to cater to these types. So either have your luck with you or a millions buyin to ever MTT or just keep going the skill route

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like any other tournament play your game and win a couple of hands that are coin flips or you're called and behind in.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Myself wondering this question how to win cardschat Freeroll? I have again and all the past! Yesterday 2 hand flew out, my KK lost to first AQo, and then immediately my QQ ran into AA! That's what it was - really bad luck?

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that is just really bad luck. there is nothing you can do about those hands really. It will happen. Stay positive keep studying and keep playing! Good things happen to those who put in the effort!

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what was the maximum prize on the Freeroll?
My portion of last Thur *****correction***** Saturday *****freeroll for 1st place was $20.45
But if I am not mistaken, the payout will very depending on how many players registered.
In last weeks tournament I only had to defeat a field of 161 players including myself

Forgot to mention that 35 other players got paid a portion of the daily $100 payout.

NOTE: not sure if it was last Thur or last Wed, look through my emails to find the actual day

******** Found the email lol ...... the date was June 16 2018 "Saturday"

Last edited:
P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to play passive aggressive for the first hour, try to play your buttons and blinds the best you can. Most of the all-ins will be done mostly so you can concentrate in doubling up your stacks.:ahhhhh:

HK_47

HK_47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly just don't try to force anything. Trying to bluff is a bad idea outside of a standard C-bet, it can work but free rolls really bring out the allin bottom pair crowd. Don't be afraid to get value from top pair either, especially early people seem to care far less about calling down with marginal hands. Always be aware of the blinds and don't be afraid to shove when you need to like any other tournament, just be aware you are going to be called much lighter.

Freeroll Passwords