• Thread starter Flex like Felix
  • Start date
starvinghelp

starvinghelp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I cash out in american cardroom free roll quite often , just let the fish weed themselves out . I find there is always another hand strategy works well , Also many of the same players play these freerolls why keeping notes on them important.

B

balkito

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 answer

hey there,

you've had some good answers already, but I know what you mean.. people going AI with random hands, difficult to play a strategy vs them.

It is not that it is hard to get vs them with better hands, but you are going to face more variance than vs normal players in a paid tournament..

I guess try to get it with top 15% or something for the first hour or so, and the people remaining after an hour or even half hour, they will be playing poker, not lottery

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only patience, patience and patience again, and you will be happy, do not wait for the right moment!

starvinghelp

starvinghelp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hey there,

you've had some good answers already, but I know what you mean.. people going AI with random hands, difficult to play a strategy vs them.

It is not that it is hard to get vs them with better hands, but you are going to face more variance than vs normal players in a paid tournament..

I guess try to get it with top 15% or something for the first hour or so, and the people remaining after an hour or even half hour, they will be playing poker, not lottery
Very good point , I also find if you get chip count up early , you seem to get better deals , or maybe this is just my imagination

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls - this only luck, and nothing more in my opinion.:jd4:

There is much more luck involved for various reasons, but still some skill involved. I'll bet I've cashed in more freerolls than the average donk. I tend to do pretty well in them, even with the increased luck factor.

As stated before, patience is key.

Last edited:
slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the freerolls with 150max players like everyone els the 10,000 to win 5$ are not worth my time to play.

Zloj_S_Msk

Zloj_S_Msk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for a good hand, the first 30 minutes in any freeroll mayhem

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Solid game is key to success in freeroll, because many players go to all in with any two card. Check him with premium hands and destroy ;)

S

soillwill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing in freerolls is like bad bingo, people going all in with absolute garbage and triggering 4 others to go all in as well. This isn't uncommon in at all in live tournaments but to happen so often especially when there is no needed to go all in or going all in when no one has bet and all there is is 45 in chips. I makes sense to 2 or 3 bet and get the pot up for a nicer payoff than to just pull back your big blind and little blind just to throw 15 back in for the next hand.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls I try to play different strategies although there are a lot of different players and this is not real and does not make much sense. Freerolls for building a bankroll and attracting many to the game.

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cashed on 10k freeroll at pokerstar just once... I was 6 placed. At the start of the tournament I just played good hands. At the middle of the tournament I already start bluffing big pot. And start collecting more chips to be in the top 10... And then on the final table I just played again the good hands...Dont bluff on the beginning of the tournament because any pair or high card can call you... nothing will loss to them i f they busted in beginning of the tournament.

K

KidKNG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are more difficult to play, players are not afraid of losing the buy-in because the entry was free, so they play more aggressively. I believe the secret to winning a freeroll is to get a lot of chips at the beginning of the tournament so that you can put yourself in some higher risk situations, and if you are going to play considering strategies read in forums and in books, you you will see in some situations not favorable, because some bets are simply meaningless, that is, I believe that to win the freeroll you have to play more loosely and taking a little more risk, knowing that players bluff a lot.

S

stevenparker91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My strategy is this. Early stages I'm super tight out of position. In the blinds and on the button if I can see a cheap flop I do, you have to be patient early on. Once all the crazies are out, I adjust my play against my opponents. If everyone is super tight, I steal around 10% of hands I normally wouldn't play. If the table seems to be loose. I tighten up my range, and play my hands aggressively. In the late stages it depends on stack size. If I'm short stacked I play tight aggressive, mid stack I play someone tight, but do steal a fair share. If I'm big stacked I play bulley. It's a basic strategy but it does work

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play with AA and KK only! Play wrong in PS always is better! hahaha

T

T_slu4ay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If freeroll has a hyperturbo structure, any A should be openshoved)

F

freddy the monster65

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have won some free rolls and its hard to over come the donkies at times

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
that's typical of the freerrolls, many crazy people playing all in each hand and that's very annoying

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing nothing but freerolls lately on ACR and in my opinion it's all about luck....you can play it like any other one and hope for the best results...but almost everytime i play AA AK KK QQ JJ KQ TT....9 times out of 10 they get cracked by some donk going all in....it seems to me that at the beginning of the freeroll they give you 'donk' cards to play....8-9 suited...go all in....AK suited...go all in....anything suited or J10....seems to win alot more then playing 'normal' if you ask me...but it also depends on the people at the table in freeroll....there is times we can actually play 'poker' and not 'bingo'....depending on the players...you will be able to tell first 2 hands who they are...sometimes will make it even more difficult because they will still be donking once they get up the ladder...but eventually they will get taken out...just wait for your time to shine....been playing them the last 2 weeks and have won 4 of them....so it is truly hard...but dont knock yourself...lots of all-ins on freerolls they have nothing to lose is why....ok sorry im rambling on..gl

Shahzade

Shahzade

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of Freerolls on ACR. You win a little and lose a lot from what I have experienced. It is really hard to keep with your initial strategy sometimes. Patience is definitely the big issue here. Let about half of them knock each other off and wait until you have better hands. Listen to yourself, don't just shove all in like they do all of the time.

Good luck and have fun!

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of it is just luck though. The field is so massive, and so many players are going to get lucky especially if you don't build a stack early, so it's really hard to win Freerolls consistently.

The tournament win rate for professionals is about 20%.
Which means that 80% of the time even the pros bust before the bubble. Anyone who says they hit the cash in tournaments more than 20% is either a pro or a liar.

Keep it real fellas.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, it is not easy to win a freeroll. Maybe for the fact of the luck an other factors...

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it should be played like any tournament, just without bluffing.

H

Hunterlewis31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play conservative early and loosen up in later levels

Freeroll Passwords