• Thread starter Flex like Felix
  • Start date
F

Flex like Felix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How to win freerolls, if people do not try to play there and play it that way, every second bet all-in?

Last edited:
Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Freeroll needs to be played like any other tournament. You need to be concentrated and wait for good cards. Patience is the key to success.
Good luck.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In freeroll tournaments a good strategy is to play in the initial stage only with strong hands and being very aggressive if you have the hand dominated ...! you have to have a lot of passion and wait for those strong hands ...!

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play speculative hands like 98s or 87s early. These hands have the potential to flop huge hands and if they don't they can be easily folded. Also don't get to out of line to early. Time invested is similar to money invested. The deeper you get the easier it is to get bluffs through

B

byir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls - this only luck, and nothing more in my opinion.:jd4:

B

byir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play those hands? to go fishing? possible.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls - this only luck, and nothing more in my opinion.:jd4:

Agreed, but only in the first hald of the tournament. If the prize pool is decent, people will start playing poker at some point and drop the bingo style.

B

byir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is there a decent prize in freerolls?)

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to win freerolls, if people do not try to play there and play it that way, every second bet all-in?

I learned a good rule: when I play freerolls, I play very tight. I try to wait out the boom of ollins from opponents and play with very strong hands or monsters.

B

byir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
that doesn't guarantee anything, some donkey will move from 78

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to win some money in freerolls, you need to play them regularly, as often as possible. It is also important to be a disciplined player and play only with strong cards. Good luck.

B

byir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what was the maximum prize on the Freeroll?

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I already answered a similar question today earlier))) Rejoice that freerolls still have such players, so weak that I go all-in every second hand. Your job is simply to take the chips from them. Remember that even if you lost with a stronger hand, you did the right thing. The order of the right decisions will lead you to victory in the freeroll. You can not win every time, remember the game's math and probability theory.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

Hello friend.I play free roll as a normal tournament.I wait for good hands and hit the right time.All weak hands are fold.Good luck .

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing super tight is right. The majority of players in the freerolls will be well below average skill wise. They will be chasing flushes with weak Qx and Kx and will think A6-A8 are strong enough to play. Remember if you are in doubt folding is the best option. It's better to wait for spots you are sure about. I'm not going to call off my stack with AJ or A10. I throw away a lot of low pairs if I'm not on a healthy stack. There are always going to be coolers 2p<sets and what not, but if you play tight ranges of hands based on position you will give yourself an edge. Don't bluff off your stack. If people are calling they generally have something and weak players will call you down with weak hands. Wait until you have the nuts and they will call you down as well. Bet sizing is very important. Don't bet too big when you are weak and don't bet too small when you are strong. Just because you have a decent hand doesn't make it good to call a large bet. When people over bet I play a much tighter range. When people under bet and I have a decent stack I will take cheap cards for the draw. Don't afraid to check raise people when you think they are bluffing, but don't raise an insane amount, and start off by only check raising when you have a strong hand and are in position. Try 2.5x if you can afford it. If you check raise the turn in position most people will check to you on the river and you can choose to check back and go to show down. Most important thing I can say is put thought into every play you make. Before you make any bet or call or raise, before you choose to enter the pot ask yourself, does this make sense. Is this profitable. If I make this play am is it increasing my chances of cashing this tournament.

Y

youngsavage88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
tight play

what is the lowest ranking card you would consider playing in a freeroll tournament

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning Freerolls

Winning freerolls is extremely hard because of the level of player often at the table, maniac jammers, inexperienced and experienced players all alike so its a lottery in many ways but i feel cashing a freeroll is an amazing achievement in itself.
My keyword is patience and if you are patient, play the right hands at the right times, utilise position amongst many other factors,,you will improve and eventually its a numbers game where you will win ...

play well and be patient :)

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the beginning it is always safe play to go with good hands

M

mj23b

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
avoid

avoid freerolls if possible unless its a private freeroll like these with less people. i know most do freerolls to not deposit but the non private ones are lame. if you got hours of time go for it but most dont haha

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerools are not that easy to win.I saw AA lose to 33 or AK be smashed by 9T and some low pairs best premium hands.My strategy is try to win 2 or 3 all in and wait the others players to kill themselves so, in the middle phase I try to steal some bbs in position.

N

nittany182

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to late-reg freerolls, let the "I have an Ace *shove*" maniacs slaughter themselves... Play only the best, and only play speculative hands if you can get a cheap peek.

I hate that any regular tourney pays the top 15-20% but freerolls only pay top 5 players, so you have to be lucky enough to get the top 1.5% not 15-20%.

I'm fighting the battle now and hate getting sucked out on by a 37-off shover.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play Freerolls like they're big tournaments, other than that...i just enjoy playing poker. If i bust out i got nothing else to do...enough said.

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eso es lo feo, todas las manos todo adentro, uno no puede doblar todo

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the beginning of the freerolls have patience, because there are many players maniacs, so hold your game a little that most of these players are eliminated fast.

Freeroll Passwords