Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to know how I should play in the beginning in the media and in a final stretch because lately to get very bad with AK, AA, KK so no more these mistakes I wanted an explanation of you!

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bet 3-5 times the pot to get out the bad suckout hands hoping to hit the flop obviously then form the half pot to a pot bet depending on what i hit somtimes you ill buy the pot and somtimes they might have hit asell just try not to get all your chips in inless yu have the nuts

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fff

Hello friend.Ak should raise a 4x bet .If you got the flop you need to continue the raise.Otherwise you can fold .So you need luck with AK vs a pair

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always do a raise to 4BB, then a continuation bet on the flop. But still, it all depends on the circumstances. Some pattern of action does not happen.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hear people complain about losing with premiem hands like a-a or kk and a-k,,,and i always say `well,what hand are you waiting for to shove with?` :joyman:

AceSticker

AceSticker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have a good chip lead Ill at least 5 bet.

T

Trgbob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play it like a premium broadway. It's a drawing hand, and if you don't hit then it's just ace high, albeit the best ace high. Nothing more embarrassing than giving someone 3 streets of value on middle pair amirite?

B

benjustben

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
been limp folding quite a bit
just need it to start hitting.. by by donks!

vitja0101

vitja0101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in different ways depending on the blind and position but most of all try to aggressively

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree all-in pre when short stacked holding a-k from any position-when im not shorted holding a-k depends on action and table im at-im guilty of overplaying a-k post flop -i have learned to let the hand go when it misses the flop facing any raise-its a great hand when it hits the flop many different ways to play it

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the situational hand, all depends on the stage of the size of your stack.. from the position and the dynamics of the table..

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make a 3-4bb raise preflop( depends of players amount). If the flop is good(A or K), I make raise - half of pot. If i see a bad flop - i just check. If it is few players, i can check, or cont-bet(depends of my position). But i use preflop push really rarely, because it isn't so good hand to push it on the preflop.( i can do it only on the final stage, or with short stack) And, of course, it depends of all actions on the table.

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament Poker, late stages, vs a short stacks shove - 15bb or fewer it's a call or reshove to keep others out of pot.

Late stages vs a player with huge range and opponents who have opened in late position its usually a reraise with AK. However, you should play it differently from time to time.

If you have 50bbs and maybe early in tournament, no reason to risk tournament life on AK. If you are in the blinds and late position player raises, you can slow down and cold call OOP. Let your opponent do the betting when you hit a flop. It's hard to do this and difficult to know where you are in the hand, but you can when some big pots by just cold calling from the blinds vs the correct opponent.

Good luck

stoke

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to best play AK highly depends on your position, if people have raised already, how you have played other strong hands before etc

But AK is always a risky hand. If you Hit A or K you most likely win, but we all remember many cases we didnt hit anything right? :)

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am shortstacked - two or more times lower than the medium stack I would go all-in but first I will just call so if somebody raises I can get him. If however I have chips more than the medium stack I would still limp, check the flop and decide how to play the end of the hand.

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK must played as all other hands. i think minrase better than all-in

Zets248

Zets248

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK with aggression pre-flop to at a distance is +:)

S

skezz28

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet on preflop. bet or check-raise on flop

P

PokahAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to best play AK highly depends on your position, if people have raised already, how you have played other strong hands before etc

But AK is always a risky hand. If you Hit A or K you most likely win, but we all remember many cases we didnt hit anything right? :)

Agree with you totally, recently I got staked with AKo or suited. My last 20 hands busted with AK are like 1/4 won 3/4 lost the pot. After this year started I'm not lucky with AK can't even won hand with AK,:confused::confused::confused:

bub1egume1

bub1egume1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
only not slowplay! this most minus decision . it is standard to open x2 or x3. further everything depends on the opponent and from a board it is so difficult to tell something, it is necessary to look at a concrete situation