Chips
yeah i think every one has had bad and good experience with AK

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play usually 3-bet and more.but it depends on what position.

H

Haanski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to factor in ICM considerations as well when playing in MTT

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really depends on a lot of factors and, honestly, there are just way too many for one to be able to answer all of them.

If you can post a specific hand/situation where you had AA, it'll be a little bit easier to answer.

As a personal general rule, I believe AK should be played aggressively > passively preflop in most situations. And aggressively post flop on most dry flops.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as should play AK as an all-in before almost always lose to a medium pair

This thread is so hackneyed ...
I've tired to answer such obvious question...
They lost their chips only because they play for the losing. But YOU (and we) should play for winning only, and then lets think - why we should risk for ALL CHIPS if you had only AK (pocket hand) hmm...??!! So obvious isn't it????

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a very good hand.It makes top pair top kicker
blockers A and K, less chance for you opponent to have AA or KK
open 3x size

R

Reelmookey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this always depends on stack postition time lapsed in the tourny and so on and soforth, but play semi aggresive into flop then obviosly you should kno after that here you stand and get em in if you feel your ahead after the flop

A

Agent Folder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone before you goes all in, he has a pair. It often gives a pair to someone on table when I have AK. It doesnt mean you will lose, just need to play carefull and dont rush.

deucefactory

deucefactory

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to jam blindly, but now I see the light..

It definitely depends on your stack size. Early rounds of tournaments just raise or call raise and play it like any other hand post flop. Remember it's not a made hand just a very good connector.

Anywhere close to short-stacked / later on in tournaments its ok to Jam or even reshove.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the positions in which I find generally have to play aggressive :)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
IMO AK , bet stong oop , raise the min 2.5x in position , if you miss the flop cbet in position one maybe two or even 3 turns dependingly on the board and if there are draws or not ,if you see a lot of action before you (raises,reraises )-fold , oop be more carefull cbet with one opponent (how many times depends on the texture of the board ,if it helps you with draws, like HU etc), be carefull with more opponents see the board and the villlains and decide accordingly ,and especially early levels , when you're low stacked and have AK under 20BB it's good to double up with all in preflop . There are a lot of stategies of how to play AK according to how many players on table, position, blinds leves , bets , board texture , the villains etc

Last edited:
TiReX

TiReX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you often lose with AK-this means that you are very periactive these cards and replay them.AK very good hand,but if you see the flop you are clearly not reinforced-it is an easy fold.Many with this hand in most cases play on stack,at any stage of the tournament.AK, you need to play aggressively,but gently

jackalope888

jackalope888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
meh

If suited I am definitely angled towards shoving offsuit however I have been busted more times than I can count against extremely weak hands.

D

Dingospo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On tournament yesterday I went all in with AK and what happened is I got the last table with those cards. Maybe it was my lucky day. But it is very good cards - by my opinion.

G

Guiguero

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always with AK you have to be aggresive preflop. If you are the button and nobody raise, i think the correct way is bet to get small blind and big blind.

If someone calls, and then check, you must bet being aggresive, and probably the other fold.

But is important how many BBs you have and the moment of the tournament, and of course how are the opponents: if they are aggresive or pasive

Personally, I lose too many hands with AK, so my opinion is not too important lol

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the structure of the tournament, the tournament surrender, the behavior of opponents, stack size, and so on. I kid AK differently even in similar situations. And in general, I strive for a diverse game.

F

fernan664

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK sempre traz muita confiança mas pode ser muito perigoso. Por isso sempre hajo com cautela mas tem que entrar com agressividade.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How u play a certain hand depends on lot of factors especially position , blinds & antes , type of table & players you are playing against , any action that is been generated before u etc

as you have not given any specifics cant detail much

but as in general With AK you should always be aggressive

Totally agree. It all depends on the circumstances!
But I have to be aggressive distribution. At least that would not come into play weak hands... not to give players limp in short.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As many people have pointed out, it depends on the circumstances. I try to stay in the moment and I always try to keep in mind that even when you have a two or three to one advantage, losing the hand is still a very real possibility. So I try not to pot commit myself with drawing hands like AK unless the circumstances seem to demand it.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Depends on stack size.Over 15 BBs keep the pot small pre-flop, cbet the flop if you miss and prepare to fold to strong action.
Less than 15 BBs, unless you are on the bubble, shove it, you are committed to the hand.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In short stack all inn. In other situations only chek or raise -2-4 bb.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on stack size.Over 15 BBs keep the pot small pre-flop, cbet the flop if you miss and prepare to fold to strong action.
Less than 15 BBs, unless you are on the bubble, shove it, you are committed to the hand.
Why would you not shove 15 BBs or less on the bubble with AK?

Are you saying they should fold AK with a short stack on the bubble? That's just silly.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think you should always go all in with ak. it depends on many factors like your chipstack and villain stack, how tight or aggresive villain is. if its early or a late stage of the tournament.
Also ak is a very strong preflop hand however postflop might not be a good hand unlike a strong pair like queens or jacks in which any low flop makes these hand very strong postflop. so even a pair of deuces can beat ak if you dont hit something on the flop. for that reason you should play ak very aggresive preflop making always 3 bet and also sometinmes 4 bet and even all in against loose players. however you might even fold the hand preflop if there are lots of raises and re raises preflop. so basically you should play these hand according to the circumstance.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
race preflop agresive style flop/turn/river

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe the most important part here is the stage of the tournament and your position. 3BB or 4BB bet is the most common way to play it. It's ok to call a re-raise. Also depending on your stack you may risk a little bit more pre-flop.