how to play AK in a tournament?

R

Ricardas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to get your chips in the middle pre flop! It is nuts pre flop! And if its not possible then play post flop.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Such a hand AK need to play aggressive but also must take into account the dynamics of the table and be able to play post flop ate on the flop, we are not intensified.

E

enot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In multi-table tournaments in the early stages I play very tight, because the size of the blinds are rather insignificant compared to the starting stack. In this period I play about 10-15% of the hands. As the blinds increase over time, relative to my stack, they become worth stealing, and I'm generally going to play more hands from late position. The value of different types of hands is changed during the tournament.

P

PokerArt9791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as should play AK as an all-in before almost always lose to a medium pair

First you need to make a 3-bet. Then the flop - how to come out cards and are the ones who have good cards. Next is all in your hands.

P

PeteyPablo3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the flop you need to enjoy the moment and enjoy them

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It s a monster hand and I prefer to play all in in frerolls

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In cash tournaments, near the final table,AK should be played more carefully,with triple raise for example,not all in

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's a tricky hand as well , If I haven't 3 bet with that hand and I am OOP I check the flop and muck to a cbet,Unless my opponent cbet with his whole range there. If I have opened with AK and I am IP and the player before me checks , I make a cbet around 35% of the pot. I can still hit my A or my K on the turn. If i don't hit the turn either then most of the times I give up.

When I have around 12bbs I shove it in MTTs. Don't take as granted that with 12bbs you always shove AK. It depends on many factors. I told you for a specific situation. gl

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best bluff hand there is. You block half of AA and KK combos, which means it's less likely other players have these monster hands. It plays better against solid players than against more passive players that won't let go 88-JJ type of hands pre for god's sake. On microstakes it should be played more carefully than on higher stakes. Against superior oppositions I'm more inclined to 5-bet shove AK than QQ or JJ (because, again, you block half the possible combos of AA and KK)

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make a 3bb raise preflop maybe all-in!

A

ALEXBLUMENAU

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends a lot on the reading of the table and the moment of the tournament ... if it is cash it is pot

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a short stack it's a good hand to double up, huge stacks will (often) call with worse hands. In any other situations play it as a drawing hand...