How do you play pocket deuces?

C

Cantilever99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my chip stack, position and blinds level, but usually I chuck 'em unless I'm in the blind position early in tourney calling/checking or button position calling.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!I was wondering how do you deal with pocket deuces at any position pre-flop in tournaments? In my case, it is a snap fold most of the time regardless of my stack size even. Is this pocket pair undervalued? Is there something I'm missing to know how to handle it upside?

if you ask the pros, all the answers are the same. early and middle position you always fold. Late position you limp in only if you want to. Personally i play them whatever position of the table but that's just me as I understand the dynamics. If I were you , i would just fold them unless you late position.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bb depends on how many you are , from any position climb x1, if someone does 4bet, or all in, it 's an easy fold.
If you connect your set on the flop, you can win a lot of chips.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bb depends on how many you are , from any position climb x1, if someone does 4bet, or all in, it 's an easy fold.
If you connect your set on the flop, you can win a lot of chips.
Tight play with poker deuces?)...This is not your way with such solid game you have been presenting))):albertein. Thanks for your feedback Man!:top: Best of luck to you!:thrasher:

IN8FI8NI8TY

IN8FI8NI8TY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold 22 early position; call middle position; raise 2.25 late position, but fold to any raise ahead of you.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree, in early positions don't play it, you are only hoping to hit a set to get paid off. When you do hit your set cheaply by limping you might not even be paid off. So all the times you limp in general, will be _EV. Playing it in position is better since you can still win the pot by betting.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only to set mine tbh, if i dont have set mining odds ill either open in mp-lp and fold to a 3 bet or just fold in ep. Depends on how deep the stacks are though. :D

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Carefully, flat call from late position and see a flop multiway if possible. Check-fold most of the time if you don't spike a set. Play aggressively if you do. You're approximately even money against AK

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are on button or BB an option to call or check just go for it. or even the opponents status too involved. if you flop set then game is possibly yours. Good luck and cheers.

bcrerar34

bcrerar34

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp in to see the flop and go from there, it’s all about circumstance. ie: #of players, chip stack, how other players have been plying, go with your gut.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just had hand AT against 22. all in with low stack, I called and won. its tricky most situations.
22-AJ.png

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limp and try to spike a set for cheap. However if you are late to act and nobody has acted yet, you can def throw in a raise and try and look for a set and if miss always represent a big hand, such as the one you were trying to rep with a nice preflop raise. In poker there is never 1 exact way to play1 exact hand. Every situation and possibility it is different with so many variables involved that make each situation different. Player types, game type, how many players, blinds, stack sizes, etc.

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely do not like putting my tourney life on the line with 22 that is for sure!

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop in any position I just limp in and hopefully no one raises. At the flop if I am lucky enough to catch a 2 I check to see if someone will raise and if they do I call. I do the same at the turn. Depending on the texture of the community cards if no possible straights or flushes or pairs..and everyone checks I will check as well hoping my set of 2's win. If a 2 does not come up on the flop I make a disciplined fold.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In 90 percent of cases I don't play such cards, I prefer to reset them so it's easier for me

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's good to think in:
1st Implied odds
2nd Trends on your table

Try to forecast how other players will act after you.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play Dueces if I can limp or call small raise.

LéoSRibeiro

LéoSRibeiro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mudar para português

I do not take a lot of risk with them. If I get to get to the flop with a low cost, I'll get there. But if it is not postflop, I will discard this hand immediately after any raise

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
early position limp or fold -hijak or button raise with them especialy if no raises befor you

A

AceKing725

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As always, it depends heavily on position, pot odds, and what the players before you did - among other things. The better I get at this game, the less I worry about my holding, and the more I use the other factors to make my decision.

Probably the simplest rule of thumb is this: if the pot odds are good enough, ANY hand is worth playing. If I'm on the button, there are six limpers, and I see 22, there's no WAY I would fold it. I'd almost certainly call.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just trying to set mine as cheap as I can. Fold them a lot. 3 bet them rarely from the blinds.

fingers182005

fingers182005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket 2s go either way good or bad its poker its just about how you feel do u feel lucky? what are your pot odds and what your winning odds

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll play them in position, but I'm folding to a reraise. I'm not going all-in with them because the very best you can hope for is a flip. On the flop if I don't get a set than it's probably a fold to a bet.