How do you play pocket deuces?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my favorite hand for set mining. It still also has the power of a pair.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely play with 22 and even more rarely with them that I can win, I perceive them as garbage no more.

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would only play 2s in good position or if the pot odds are good to call. hitting a set of 2s is always sneaky and you could be paid off well if you get lucky!!

MorDa

MorDa

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In early positions, I always fold with them.
I open them and make Call only in late positions

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play them slowly, I like to see a flop for a small number of chips and if the set goes out, then the game follows :D

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Frankly speaking, i didn't face even many beats with pocket deuces at the tables maybe because this hand has been disappeared after failure to catch set on postflop stage. These are controversial cards.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No different from any small pair, you are looking for trips obviously, and you want to make sure that both you and your opp. are deep stacked! Good position is a bonus too.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
hand with a pair of twos in 85% of the draws losing. it's from my personal experience. I play them, but not always. a very dangerous prank

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!I was wondering how do you deal with pocket deuces at any position pre-flop in tournaments? In my case, it is a snap fold most of the time regardless of my stack size even. Is this pocket pair undervalued? Is there something I'm missing to know how to handle it upside?
I have an opinion on some hands, and hanging out with pre-flop pairs will always depend on your situation at the table, position, and of course if your opponents.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want to have at least 30 blinds to limp them, this gives you the right odds to set mine. In late position you can steal with them, and with 20bbs or less you can open shove them sb vs bb.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love when I can see a cheap flop with them . If you hit you set the strength of your hand is usually unexpected by your opponents and you can often get payed off well.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
early on limp and pray. those are the kinda cards that can be very profitable to flop a set with and it is hard for anyone to put you on it. if its late in a game and short stack its good to push with depending on position ofcourse. always raise with it heads up or 3 handed.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with such a hand, I'm waiting for that will come on the flop, if there is no third 2 fold

n1nja

n1nja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket 2 is not a good hand, but sometimes I can make a call to see what will fall on the flop. Once, I even fell out of a care with 2. But I do not like to play higher bets with such a hand.:fight:

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I had 22 on BB, everybody limped before me, I checked. Flop was Qs,2h,5s. UTG check, MP raise 1/2 pot, every fold to me, I call, utg call. Turn 8d- Utg check, MP- All in, me all in, utg all in. River Js Utg has flush with 10 8s, mp- set with 55, me set 2. So why do I writing this? You haft to be careful with 22 because someone could have set of 3. My mistake was not raising after the flop, to see what my opponents would do and with that information I could make better decision

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, small pocket pairs, from 6-6 to 2-2, almost always need to be improved so you can achieve something with them. The chance to reach a set on the flop or something better is 11.76%, that is, once every 8.5 times

ruswolfhound

ruswolfhound

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the stack allows and no one raised to me, I can kick or make a minimum raise. A couple of times I caught a square with pocket 2

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If the stack allows and no one raised to me, I can kick or make a minimum raise. A couple of times I caught a square with pocket 2
Four of kind is the best performance ever for such controversial pocket deuces. Just need to guess a moment...expectations are low....

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yesterday I had 22 on BB, everybody limped before me, I checked. Flop was Qs,2h,5s. UTG check, MP raise 1/2 pot, every fold to me, I call, utg call. Turn 8d- Utg check, MP- All in, me all in, utg all in. River Js Utg has flush with 10 8s, mp- set with 55, me set 2. So why do I writing this? You haft to be careful with 22 because someone could have set of 3. My mistake was not raising after the flop, to see what my opponents would do and with that information I could make better decision
Absolutely agree. I prefer to avoid such cases at all except heads up.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 2 is a coin flip with A K . There is alot of value there . I will play them many different ways depending on the situation . I definetly think you are missing out by snap folding them .

S

sakuraitaro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
beating AK

late in a MTT you can always use it to squeeze, and even if you do get called it flips pretty evenly with AK.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually evaluate my position on the table, the size of the stack and the bets of other players. course, this pair is for discard, but I like to risk with it

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In early position, UTG UTG+1, I fold 22, and maybe even from middle position. I don't usually play pairs smaller than 55 early in position, and early in a game. 22 are pretty useless for anything other than set mining. Early in a game when all stacks are equal and action hasn't really developed yet I don't think that there is much point.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on position and stack sizes but you must remember they are a poor pair to risk some of your stack on.

frankthebunny

frankthebunny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
22 let me down :(

Attachments

• 22vkk.jpg
    22vkk.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 58