How Approach Playing a Late Registration Entry Game?

D

Dan Connolly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience alot of times on Bovada,really late registers tend to ship and try to double with an orbit or two

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to join at the end of late registration because i like to win turnaments from behind ;)

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer late reg. because if it's time to push/fold I play better than have a lot of chips in beginners of tournaments.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to always start from the beginning although some tournaments is good to start from late registration

M

miguellarav_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, talking about low stakes I think is better to register ASAP because as everyone says here it's easier for you to know your opponents, but in freerolls I think is better to late reg because fishes have been eaten by that time, indeed.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Prefer to Play from the Beginning. Late Reg fewer players, but Stacks and Blind Higher. It is Better to Know at the Players and Have Similar Stacks.

D

darreneliascoach

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
late registration works fine in rebuy tournaments.
in regular blinds will be high sometimes you find trouble , got to push or fold with only few blinds .

Naitras

Naitras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate late registration, because you eliminate your opponents and it came new new and its............ ;/ late registration 5min enough, not 60 or 90 min

K

KWILD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the late registration really works in rebut tourneys, especially with a large add on relative to stacks. You can burn up a lot of buy ins early and not have a real advantage on the field on the rare times you can build/ protect your stack against the crazies early on.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its depends on the payout structures because some tourney do have nice structures.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as the average stack when your entering late is not double the starting stack then jump in don't wanna try building a stack while working as a short stack

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the type of tourney

With small blinds and holdem it can't hurt to wait a bit to jump in. Even big tourneys bring out the crazies at the start. I never jump into play too soon with pot limit omaha because at the beginning the idiots just raise raise raise and soon you are pot committed.

defleopard

defleopard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this freeroll and there are a lot of prizes , you can try to use all their time bank on each hand and play very aggressively when a very good hand .

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play from the beginning of the tournament , so in my opinion easier

S

Sereda Max

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play tournaments from the beginning. For me the beginning stage is very important, when stacks is deep. Due to fishes it's easily to make dubl, tripl up at this stage. And other players let come in when they want. This is their problems...

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate tournaments with more than 1 hour registration...i guess it s better to late register but you have to pay attention how big are the blinds...if the blinds are 1000/500 you don t stand a chance with 1500

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow structure is good for late registration. Turbos should be played from the beginning imho, cause it is no good idea to start with 15-20 bb

N

nermis13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like to record tardio..prefiro playing the slow start because it can find more opportunities to double the chips

S

Stone Cold Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play from the start most of the time and that's the way to go. Even stacks, small blinds and more fish are the most important reasons.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually enter after a few minutes of start,because there are always fishes that go all in with any cards and i dont want play with them,they usually get lucky and win.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer playing tournaments from the beginning,but sometimes I forget about the tournament I want to play,so I register during late registration period which should last 15 minutes,because the usual 1 or 2 hours is too long.

Last edited:
D

delox7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like late registration, I prefer to enter at the beginning of the tournament, if I get already at the end of the late registration I'll be short stack of chips compared to other players and without knowing the style of the opponents.

jscales

jscales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late Reg

I know this is a horrible answer, but really it depends on the structure of the tournament. If it is a fast structure then I would definitely play from the start. If the structure is a long one though then late reg is perfectly fine. Like someone else said, then most of the really crazy play is eliminated and you can play better poker with less variance.

That said, there is something to be said for building a chip stack through those early stages as well. The bottom line is there is no wrong answer.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its good to register in tourney in late registration time untill the blinds are not to high.

S

sweetmobelle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
late buy/re buy

i figure its best to get in while still registering for it or only a few minutes late registration that way your not short stacked quickly.

Top 10 Games