How Approach Playing a Late Registration Entry Game?

B

butterstoch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trying to play from beginning. Like to playmany hands while blinds are small

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer late registering and I'm thinking about recording my late reg games that I run well in...if anyone is interested in watching them...

evilinside4u

evilinside4u

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like late registration, I prefer tournaments or without late registration or little time for late registration.

I am with you. I hate tournaments that have 1 hour+ late reg.

Worst than late reg is MTTs with Rebuys....

I personally prefer to get in early and not do late reg, I honestly don't see the advantage of entering a tournament when the blinds are already up 5 levels an you start with an average or below avg stack.

garfield89

garfield89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love from the beginning of the tournament until the blinds small, they can play each hand, and safer play when I start from the beginning, somehow it is easier

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't prefer late registration because of blinds and ante. It's just crazy.
If you have 1,500 starting chips and blinds are 200-400, what can you do?
Not much, but then again in early stage of tournament there are a lot of people who just go all in on first paint they see in their hands, and it happend that i get good cards and call and see that my opponent has 10:3 in his hands and two 10 came on the flop. After everything i said i am wondering why i play this game :D . Just kidding, play tournament from the beggining is better, my opinion. :)

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late rgistration is not comfortble. Blinds are high and ante is present. When you play from beginning you know your opponents and you have more chance to win chips.

H

Haidar777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to register at the beginning of the tournament you can examine opponent's and in the late registration of Blandy higher stack and shorter

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't prefer late registration because of blinds and ante. It's just crazy.
If you have 1,500 starting chips and blinds are 200-400, what can you do?
As a player who does like to late register, it is crucial that the starting stack and current blind levels does give you some chips to maneuver. Here, it would only give me just under 4BBs, so registering late would not make any sense. If you are late registering, anything between 20-30+ BBs is usable, leaning more on 30+ BBs if it's a turbo. So, if starting stack is 1500, then I'd join if blinds are around the 25/50 to 30/60 blind mark.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play from the beginning, that way I can start with the same stack as everyone else.

Late reg means you start with a below-average stack and higher blinds. You're basically on the ropes from the get-go. Not good.

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a player who does like to late register, it is crucial that the starting stack and current blind levels does give you some chips to maneuver. Here, it would only give me just under 4BBs, so registering late would not make any sense. If you are late registering, anything between 20-30+ BBs is usable, leaning more on 30+ BBs if it's a turbo. So, if starting stack is 1500, then I'd join if blinds are around the 25/50 to 30/60 blind mark.
I've late regged even shallower than this before, joined with ~15bb but it was only something like 150 players off the money. I was itm within an hour and busto'd trying to build a stack for FT but still, easy money.

Actually my last FT was a late reg too, friday night regged ~90 minutes late and finished 3rd, was CL at one point too so late reg didn't hold me back

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always better to play from the beginning , however I believe you can still be +ev registering late in mtts . I would try and avoid late regging once antes have kicked in , but any time before that you will mostly have 20+ bb stacks which can be workable in a soft tournament . The reason that registering at the beginning will always be better than late regging is because you want a chance to get chips from bad players when they are deep stacked and unable to fold in some situations. Missing out on this early oppurtunity definately gives away some EV but it still can be profitable to register a little late :) .

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've late regged even shallower than this before, joined with ~15bb but it was only something like 150 players off the money. I was itm within an hour and busto'd trying to build a stack for FT but still, easy money.

Actually my last FT was a late reg too, friday night regged ~90 minutes late and finished 3rd, was CL at one point too so late reg didn't hold me back
Yeah, I have no problem late registering for 10BBs right before the late reg ends knowing that it's practically a suicide mission and Im shoving any good hand/good situation and hoping to double up. That doesnt stop me either. Ill late reg for even less and shove the first hand. Its a huge gamble that sometimes pays off well.

My 25-30+ BB suggestion is suggestion on whether not one should/should late reg. If you dont mind a little gamble and luck, late reg whenever.

Its pretty fun.

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i like it from the start cause as someone mentioned in this chat you can pick up some good chips as the fish are in way to early and you can double or triple early and then play your game.

012chach45

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to register later in the tournament.

Hello everyone :D

I'd like to purpose a little discussion here.

What do u think about late registration in tourneys?
Until what point is still acceptable to do late reg?
It's better to late reg or it is just better to register before the tourney starts?

I'd focus more on low stakes tourneys, but y'all can keep the discussion on higher stakes also!

I love it most of the fishermen are out by then.

B

bizbakol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like, except when the tournament rebuys + addons included in the prize pool.

Y

Ymatov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only at beggining for making more chips at start on fish and then I may go away for 1 hour from computer to do my another deal's. When u last reg. big bb can eat u very fast and that's all.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol. I late regged seconds before it close for 10 BBs-140 min late reg time.

Bubbled the final table A9 < A6.

We should do a late reg strat guide.

A

Alexandre Koga

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think late registration super boring just goes to the " site " put more players and earn more. The best would be to start the tournament without late and have equal several hours later ... or the maximum late a minimum of 10 minutes.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you aspire to play good poker is definitely need to start playing from the beginning of the tournament , or slightly later

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like late registration because when you register late you have less time to build your stack and study your opponents.

N

nermis13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly do not like me record late in the tournament that will jogar..acho than getting the blinds baixos..pode have more chance or not

Top 10 Games