***February SNG Thread***

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ this. Plus waiting until the end of a full set before starting any new tables would probably drive me a bit nutty too :p

I think I do much better in sets. Whenever I try to add table after busting out, it screws up my end game. I end up with 2-4 bubble tables and make MUCH better decisions when I have 4 max. Also MUCH easier if blinds are close on all four. If I bust out within the first couple rounds I will add table, but that's it(for now).

This is one thing I will work on before adding more tables. Trying to keep ROI over 15% over 1000 games. So far at 400+ games over 22%. Once I get at least 10% over 1K time to play one after other, then add more tables.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've experimented with numerous ways, i found my perfect setup with tables was this..

Start 15 tables. Wait for 15 minutes and load 5 more, wait another 15 minutes and load another 5. I can get in 25 games in 1.5 hours this way, and i'm rarely over 20+ tables. This helps me with slightly more time than i would normally for the first set of games (the first 15).

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will start adding tables soon but need new computer/monitor first. Only have 17" monitor and 4 tables is all I can tile. Plus running HEM and 4 tables puts my CPU to the max(yes out of date for sure:)).Sometimes it even freezes up, but rarely.

Another reason I play in sets is I like to get up at least once an hour and walk around a bit. Helps keep me focused. Not to mention my end game is not totally automatic yet.

Oh yeah, I smoke A LOT of weed while playing:canabis:. Can't even play without it so that's not an option. I have bi-polar and ADHD and have been on many meds. This is the safest most effective mood stabilizer I ever used. Everything else and I was so doped up I couldn't think. One drawback is it takes a little longer for me to learn sometimes. This is evened out by the fact that what I learn actually sticks better. Not for everyone I'm sure, but is my secret to no tilt poker:).

Okay back on topic. By the time I reach 1K games I should have enough to get new set-up. Then slowly increase my tables up to 16 before moving up in stakes.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will start adding tables soon but need new computer/monitor first. Only have 17" monitor and 4 tables is all I can tile. Plus running HEM and 4 tables puts my CPU to the max(yes out of date for sure:)).Sometimes it even freezes up, but rarely.

Hey Jimmy how do you tile 4 tables and keep HEM running? I've been having real problems trying to get the HUD not to take over the table screen when tiling. Or is your HUD quite small - just VPIP/PFR/ST or something like that?

My monitor is small too - 15" I think.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What sort of odds could one get on a prop bet to make $300 in four weeks at $1/45s? Bearing in mind that there's only nine players who've made that in those games in the first 7 weeks of this year

Last edited:
DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jimmy how do you tile 4 tables and keep HEM running? I've been having real problems trying to get the HUD not to take over the table screen when tiling. Or is your HUD quite small - just VPIP/PFR/ST or something like that?

My monitor is small too - 15" I think.

My computer is over 10 years old! It's an HP pavilion 750n, 1.6g pentium 4, 768mb RAM(512 added to original 256), and 17" crt or ctr or whatever monitor(non lcd). I have very little problems at FT with HEM but am pushing it to the limits.

My HUD has Abb. name/hands/M over VPIP/PFR/Ag/Steal attempts. Plus I have it translucent so I can see through it a little. If I need more info I just use pop-ups. Gonna tweak it soon but is working great so far so figure why fix what isn't broken. Ya know?

New PC with 24" monitor coming soon. Might just use 32" 1080p TV. IDK if that's too much for my eyes to handle though.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
**** super turbos are like crack. must have played at least a hundred today, probably gonna try and put in 1k this week

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the volume talk

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
**** super turbos are like crack. must have played at least a hundred today, probably gonna try and put in 1k this week

Lemme know what kind of ROI after 1K. I might start playing these soon. It seems they would have much more variance, but the higher volume would prolly equal this out.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So word on the street is the $1/45man turbos on Stars are pretty +EV? Can this be confirmed? I wanna build up my roll but hate paying ~17% rake for the micro STT's :(

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So word on the street is the $1/45man turbos on Stars are pretty +EV? Can this be confirmed? I wanna build up my roll but hate paying ~17% rake for the micro STT's :(

From the small sample I have played I would say so and I am prob gonna grind them from the 24th when I get home.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The $1/45s on Tilt are very, very soft so I suspect the same is true for Stars. They're like the perfect game for roll building

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm I must be doing these 45man's wrong then. I keep on getting tarped by JTs and 55, damn, these guise are so goouuddd

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hint: never fistpump before the river. :eek:

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
move to playing regular SNGs the aggression with nothing in the micro 50/50 is super aggressive.. and more like playing bingo!

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I'm making a really bad habit of running slap bang into the top of people's ranges

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm I must be doing these 45man's wrong then. I keep on getting tarped by JTs and 55, damn, these guise are so goouuddd

Hahahhaha, yeah its just the nature of the beast you will be getting sucked out on left and right in these things. I like em though.

Thinking of doing something for fun when I play again and have a week of playing different games from 6 to 90 man games turbo and non just for giggles. Maybe like only 20 of each and track em etc put some hands up.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting hand someone else posted on another forum (well I think it's kind of interesting, others may not think so lol), just thought I'd see how people here reacted to this one:

full tilt poker $5 + $0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t80/t160 Blinds - 5 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

BTN: t2185 13.66 BBs
SB: t3355 20.97 BBs
BB: t1590 9.94 BBs
UTG: t1910 11.94 BBs
Hero (CO): t4460 27.88 BBs

Pre Flop: (t240) Hero is CO with J
club.gif
J
diamond.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to t320, 1 fold, SB raises to t3355 all in, Hero ??

Reads:

Villain has been fairly aggressive since we got 6 handed. He has been min raising a bunch of hands PF and generally taking down most pots. He just doubled me up twice in the last 2 orbits. I flopped a set of 66 vs his TT that he limped in with. And he's minraised, C bet the flop and folded to my CRAI twice.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dump it, why tangle now against a hand range that will be weighted towards overs. You'd still have the chip lead and can control the smaller stacks. Against this type of player I want to force him to react to my moves and not the other way around.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
aaah then i def fold

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no idea what to do so whatever I choose is bound to be wrong.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, no reason to risk going down to 1k when you have a big stack and can outplay them later on.

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a 63% and a 37% ROI depending on the level.

No matter, I'll donk it eventually while enjoying a few beers and playing some cash rush table way over my bankroll.

It always happenes eventually.. they need custom exclusions so i can pre-set buyin limits :)